The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier 2 seat Utility arriving next week 🤞

Rob Wilson

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a 2-seat Utility with rough & smooth packs. Currently at local dealers, just waiting for the paperwork to go through and then picking up, hopefully next week.
Really looking forward to getting it having been on this journey for what feels like a long time.
Hi Nick. When you get it please photograph the electrical behind the front seats as. I am planning to add a lithium battery system. 🤠

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
I am very jealous of the degree of access to all the important bits you have. 😭

Edit: Just did a double take ~ the auxiliary battery / Smartpass seems to be wired entirely differently to mine. 🤔

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am very jealous of the degree of access to all the important bits you have. 😭

Edit: Just did a double take ~ the auxiliary battery / Smartpass seems to be wired entirely differently to mine. 🤔
I think we need to compare notes to see whose is wired correctly. By the way the small red wire from the coiled up black lead is not connected to anything only the earth to the auxiliary battery earth but accordingly to the manual it should be connected if you have a smart alternator.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
IMG_1634.jpeg

Well they're certainly different; of course they could both be correct and wired differently maybe due to your winch?

Can you open S and say what the fuse ratings are for each, running from left to right as we look, and if you can identify were they go?

Can you open A and say what the fuse ratings are for each, running from left to right as we look, and if you can identify were they go? This seems to be the main difference. Your main input/shunt into fuse box A (A1) comes directly from an output from fuse box S (S1), which has it's main input/shunt from the starter battery.

On mine, the main input/shunt into fuse box A (A1) comes via the auxiliary battery in line fuse and so directly from the auxiliary battery. Then, position A2 is connected to the output terminal on the CTEK Smartpass.

A3 on mine is a 350A fuse and appears to go to the rear of the vehicle via the offside wheel arch.

Your wiring of S1 to A1 is identical to this setup that lacked the auxiliary battery but still had A3 running to the back of the vehicle (my guess would be this is for the NATO plug and part of the high load option):
IMG_20221130_19433crop.jpg

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7813153

Well they're certainly different; of course they could both be correct and wired differently maybe due to your winch?

Can you open S and say what the fuse ratings are for each, running from left to right as we look, and if you can identify were they go?

Can you open A and say what the fuse ratings are for each, running from left to right as we look, and if you can identify were they go? This seems to be the main difference. Your main input/shunt into fuse box A (A1) comes directly from an output from fuse box S (S1), which has it's main input/shunt from the starter battery.

On mine, the main input/shunt into fuse box A (A1) comes via the auxiliary battery in line fuse and so directly from the auxiliary battery. Then, position A2 is connected to the output terminal on the CTEK Smartpass.

A3 on mine is a 350A fuse and appears to go to the rear of the vehicle via the offside wheel arch.

Your wiring of S1 to A1 is identical to this setup that lacked the auxiliary battery but still had A3 running to the back of the vehicle (my guess would be this is for the NATO plug and part of the high load option):
View attachment 7813154
I’ll check it out some point this week as I won’t get much opportunity in the next few days

Back
Top Bottom