The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Future seat development?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:48 PM
Reaction score
If Recaro uses that seat base for other brands those might be for electric switches.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
I wonder what it was that Ineos had in mind here.
To save costs by utilising an existing seat base. Not having motors seemed something very core to the start of the project; I'd go so far as to say they were almost sneered at.

So if electric motors come along in the future, it will be a sign that the project is moving in a different direction.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
To save costs by utilising an existing seat base. Not having motors seemed something very core to the start of the project; I'd go so far as to say they were almost sneered at.

So if electric motors come along in the future, it will be a sign that the project is moving in a different direction.
Completely agree with you. I too remember the idea of electric seats being anathema.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
Electric seats are like TV channel changers...OK until they stop working.
Then you wish for the old fashioned knobby thing that always worked.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
The tool / plastic melting press is for both seats with motorised adjustment and without like so.
the holes for switches will be cut out on demand.

Perhaps you might opt for electric later.

My opinion - Currently using seats with motorized adjustment. Okay its convenient.
However on Grenadier:
it adds weight to a vehicle that is already heavy - reducing payload.
it adds components that may become subject to failure.
I am mostly the only single driver - and the number of adjustments to seat are very low... my spouse is a bit shorter.. or the guy from garage .. so electric adjustable seats can be omitted. This can definitely be performed manually. Anyway .Do not adjust seats not while vehicle in motion.

Back
Top Bottom