The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fuel siphon

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I won’t bore you with the reason for askIng but has anyone any knowledge of the anti-siphon parts (if any) that are in/between the fuel filler neck and the actual fuel tank on a diesel Grenadier? I suspect there is some sort of ball valve (ie the sort of thing to keep fuel from escaping if the vehicle rolls) and possible a mesh before the actual fuel tank to stop a pipe being put into the fuel to allow siphoning to work. I am finding I can deal with the fuel access cover at the top (using an O/D 25mm tube) but can’t get a pipe to the fuel itself. If someone has access to a parts diagram or a/the proper operating manual then maybe they could share this with me. Cheers

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, anyone had to siphon their tank?

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
Any chance there's a drain plug on the bottom of the tank?

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any chance there's a drain plug on the bottom of the tank?
Yes good thought. I don’t know. My strong preference would be to come from top but beggars can’t be choosers (assuming that is an option)

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
Yes good thought. I don’t know. My strong preference would be to come from top but beggars can’t be choosers (assuming that is an option)

Most rotomolded tanks are made without drain provisions but maybe Ineos included one. Look under the skid plate.

If @LeftCoastOverland is right it may not be critical depending on the ratio of the two fuels. I once put five gallons of gasoline in a 36 gallon diesel tank. The vehicle in question had a fairly sensitive Bosch injection pump. I was a long way from home so I drove it gently and every twenty or thirty miles I topped up the tank with fresh diesel to continue the dilution. The compression ratio was 17.2:1. There were no noticable consequences. The engine is still running strong 20 years later.

Back
Top Bottom