The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front End Leveling kit

Local time
2:13 PM
Reaction score
I would like to level the vehicle, is there any kits out there yet?
It looks so much better when on level.
I understand this is not an option if you are loading a lot of weight all the time.

Before and after.png?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
I would like to level the vehicle, is there any kits out there yet?
It looks so much better when on level.
I understand this is not an option if you are loading a lot of weight all the time.

View attachment 7810001?
There has been no talk of any or need thereof, it's a personal thing I know but maybe wait until it arrives and then make your mind up. The springs are progressive so maybe just a little weight will make a difference

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t think the rake is that severe and it looks fine. I also think that Gladiator photo is a bit deceptive because of the tire size increase.

Local time
Reaction score
full

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
If you cut the footwell hump out of the front, you will solve two horrendous IG faults at the same time..

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
I don’t think the rake is that severe and it looks fine. I also think that Gladiator photo is a bit deceptive because of the tire size increase.
Not to mention all of the tyres in the tub in the second photo weighing it down a tad.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
What’s going on in that photo the OP has put up, either my eye deceive me, the photo is deceiving or someone has messed that that IG or the actual photo, but it doesn’t seem to look the same as this photo.

Clearly the photo below may well be misleading as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0159.jpeg
    IMG_0159.jpeg
    746.2 KB · Views: 87
Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
Drawers, tools, recovery kit, some folding chairs and other personal items I always keep in the truck should help level it right out.

Scott Brady mentioned in a podcast that the rear felt like it was over sprung to accommodate a bit of load. Should be perfect.

Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
I suppose the aftermarket will catch up and offer a spacer or spring to level it in time, for those that desire a level vehicle, like I do.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
I freely admit that I don't understand this thread. The original pictures show a Jeep with tyres in the back flatbed using the physics of a fulcrum to "level" the truck? Presumably following an expensive tyre change and suspension "upgrade".

I have never in my life worried about the "level" of a 4x4, as I am too busy driving in it - usually on gradients anything other than "level".

Presumably, this is an aesthetic thing? If so, I think the IG is not the vehicle to worry about such nuances and flim flam. Each to their own!! :)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Presumably, this is an aesthetic thing? If so, I think the IG is not the vehicle to worry about such nuances and flim flam. Each to their own!! :)
Primarily, yes... "Leveling" a truck is common practice in the US to get rid of the rake (because they are intended to hold weight in the back, however, are not being used as such, and thus carry no weight). Generally speaking this started with full size pick up trucks and has migrated to anything 4x4 now.

For big name US trucks you can get level kits for <$100 that usually consist of nothing more than some aluminum spacers to go above the coilspring (or strut)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I freely admit that I don't understand this thread. The original pictures show a Jeep with tyres in the back flatbed using the physics of a fulcrum to "level" the truck? Presumably following an expensive tyre change and suspension "upgrade".

I have never in my life worried about the "level" of a 4x4, as I am too busy driving in it - usually on gradients anything other than "level".

This is the leveling kit I used in my Mazda BT50
1688932313549.png

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Of all the potential mods I might consider spending money on for my Gren, this would have to be below last. Will also look silly, and potentially behave badly, as soon as you fill it with fuel and put a load in the back or trailer on. 🤦‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom