The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Friday Musings: Will the Grenadier burst the Defender bubble?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Is there a giant face palm emoji?
The sad part is that people must honestly buy stuff like this otherwise there wouldn’t be so many places selling them.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
The sad part is that people must honestly buy stuff like this otherwise there wouldn’t be so many places selling them.
The reality in Tasmania is that sort of embellishment is considered to contravene community standards ; the offendee's punishment being a day in the stocks being pelted with rotten fruit .

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
I could see those on a Ram or Chevy Dually. Not kidding. Mind you, not one towing a horse trailer, but one lifted with huge tires, Truck Nutz, giant exhaust stacks, rollin coal, and the odd combination of a DTOM and Thin Blue Line US Flag stickers on the rear window (please tread on me, while I lick the boots?).

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Haha 🤣 Truck Nutz - only reason I’m specing the tow package - need a place to hang ’em!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So which pronouns will your Grenadier prefer?
It would be unfair to assign a gender for the truck, as someday it will need to blossom and discover for itself.

Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
I actually don't see them as competing product. One is a luxury SUV. The other is a 4x4 offroad car. Maybe there is some overlap but I don't see them necessarily as competing products.

When I bought my defender new in 05.. it was a similar price to the discovery. Lots of people wanted to buy defenders, but one drive and they walked to the discovery. Hardly anyone actually bought a defender.. like a couple hundred a year. But they were a hero car that sold discoveries.

I see the buyers of the grenadier as being original defender owners like me, or perhaps Toyota 70 series owners that want a tough car but one that's a bit more comfortable.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
I actually don't see them as competing product. One is a luxury SUV. The other is a 4x4 offroad car. Maybe there is some overlap but I don't see them necessarily as competing products.

When I bought my defender new in 05.. it was a similar price to the discovery. Lots of people wanted to buy defenders, but one drive and they walked to the discovery. Hardly anyone actually bought a defender.. like a couple hundred a year. But they were a hero car that sold discoveries.

I see the buyers of the grenadier as being original defender owners like me, or perhaps Toyota 70 series owners that want a tough car but one that's a bit more comfortable.
I was one of those people, the Discoveries pre D5 were a great option, still ladder framed, still very capable with some luxuries but still
Looked purposeful I wanted to like the Defender but I just couldn’t live with the compromises. For me Land Rover missed the mark with both the New Defender and the Discovery 5. The Grenadier fills in many ways both the gap
Left by the Old Defender and the Pre D5 Discovery.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was one of those people, the Discoveries pre D5 were a great option, still ladder framed, still very capable with some luxuries but still
Looked purposeful I wanted to like the Defender but I just couldn’t live with the compromises. For me Land Rover missed the mark with both the New Defender and the Discovery 5. The Grenadier fills in many ways both the gap
Left by the Old Defender and the Pre D5 Discovery.
In my head, I've likened the Gren to the D2 (which I had one of) - super capable, trimmed nicely enough, good for work or play, and good looking.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
I'd have enjoyed that more if I hadn't have to look up his nose for the entire length of the video.

By the end all I was seeing was this:
View attachment 7809991
He strikes me as someone who will speak his mind, like or not. That said, he should have plenty of 'informed' opinion.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you seen one in person @Krabby ?

Genuine question, not all have had the chance.

It’s far superior to a D2
No, not yet, but I will Wednesday at the NY area drive event. I really loved my Disco but was wise enough to get rid of it before the warranty was up.

Back
Top Bottom