The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Footwell intrusion

Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score
What I don’t get in the LHD vehicle is people asking about their “poor” passengers
Yep, and that's your choice.

Just like it's someone else's prerogative to pronounce, "non - issue" -> for everyone.

Or, even, "I see a blue bird, all birds are blue".

Hey it's the internet after all, such comments are to be expected !

If I have any comment on this issue it's to disagree with the, 'good enough for me = good enough for everyone else". Funny ! But that's twice now I've touched on it and, I won't again.

I won't complain about the B bump. And I sure as hell won't moan. I didn't make the car. The bump is part of the package. The mfr's eyes wide open choice. No worries, I do have my own understanding of the discretionary purchase concord.

It's of import to me if for no other reason that I'd be the passenger sometimes. I like leg room. Others may not, I'm happy for them. I knew a guy who was allergic to room. Others who's feet are out the window, on the dash or under their butt half the time - don't care, their life.

Ha ! silly me, more time wasted talking about this car !

Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
Hello, 1st of all thanks to contributors Joejet & Nocrays for the photos I found in media currently at page 29 & 30 which I've renamed, brightened and set out below.

The problem may not be as big as thought by a lot of people. Perhaps the mat molders got in early and left plenty of space for the body builders or they're trying to stop people getting a hot foot. I saw another picture on the net with a sideways view of a cut out of the covering that showed it was not only wider but also higher than the actual intrusion.

Either way it looks as though a little editing of the floor mat to give a closer fit may be the cure. Didn't put me off recently signing the contract but no build date yet unfortunately.
Cheers Grey Nomad

1 Intrusion.jpg2 Intrusion.png3 Intrusion.png4 Intrusion.jpg5 Intrusion.jpeg

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
Hello, 1st of all thanks to contributors Joejet & Nocrays for the photos I found in media currently at page 29 & 30 which I've renamed, brightened and set out below.

The problem may not be as big as thought by a lot of people. Perhaps the mat molders got in early and left plenty of space for the body builders or they're trying to stop people getting a hot foot. I saw another picture on the net with a sideways view of a cut out of the covering that showed it was not only wider but also higher than the actual intrusion.

Either way it looks as though a little editing of the floor mat to give a closer fit may be the cure. Didn't put me off recently signing the contract but no build date yet unfortunately.
Cheers Grey Nomad

View attachment 7805411View attachment 7805412View attachment 7805413View attachment 7805414View attachment 7805415
You'd be tempted to point a heat gun at that flooring for a few minutes, surely?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score

Either way it looks as though a little editing of the floor mat to give a closer fit may be the cure.
Or may re-create the issue Ineos have designed away by making the step so big ~ inadvertently braking with the left foot when trying to place it on the floor adjacent to the pedal.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Or may re-create the issue Ineos have designed away by making the step so big ~ inadvertently braking with the left foot when trying to place it on the floor adjacent to the pedal.
This made me laugh!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We will see if INEOS really thinks the RHD footrest is an issue worthy of investment to remove, when the dual cab is released end of 2023.

If they do - quite a few pissed off RHD drivers of the station wagon!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score
We will see if INEOS really thinks the RHD footrest is an issue worthy of investment to remove, when the dual cab is released end of 2023.

I think from the B pillar forward all is the same, so probably not.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think from the B pillar forward all is the same, so probably not.
Agree, very unlikely, it may seem like a small issue but this would involve moving engine forward or cab back or redesigning the exhaust side of the engine. The last one involves BMW so probably not an option. The first two completely change the engineering and dynamics of the vehicle which would have a domino effect of other changes

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Cheers Grey Nomad

View attachment 7805411View attachment 7805412View attachment 7805413View attachment 7805414
Looking at these photos, it appears that the underlying metal surface might actually not be big enough to comfortably rest your whole foot on. If they moulded the lining to fit it exactly I suspect there might be a risk that your foot could be continually slipping off it. SO as I mentioned further up the thread, I think they intentionally increased the foot rest platform so there would be no risk of a boot getting caught between it and the brake pedal. Some of the photos appear to show the footrest pretty much in line with the brake pedal which seems logical, but I guess that can vary depending on the brake adjustment.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just a pair of black Nike trainers with MAAP cycling socks.

I thought about wearing my Birks but thought I might be laughed at !!
It all sounds a bit foreign to me. even the locally spawned iconic Blundstone boots have left the country.
What to do? Carve my own CLOGGS?

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have been told that the footrest was designed by an ergonomics engineer!

The footrest was not very comfortable for me on the short drive but I may get used to it. If I don't, there is a way to improve it. The pictures don't really show it but the flat part is higher than wheel well protrusion. With some bodging one could reconfigure the footrest to make it better. For mine, I will give it a bit of time to see if I can live with it and if not, I'll work on something to improve it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have been told that the footrest was designed by an ergonomics engineer!
For mine, I will give it a bit of time to see if I can live with it and if not, I'll work on something to improve it.
Re-engineer your foot perhaps?
There are some clever orthopaedic surgeons out there in foot land.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Not us hardcore types though :cool:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
pretty sure his/her full title had an 'expert' somewhere before/after/in the middle of "ergonomics engineer"

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Other than a electrical/mech faults straight off the bat - I can see this RHD footrest being the number 1 gripe with drivers. Just wait for the first few long hauls!!! Vindication awaits the observant!

Back
Top Bottom