The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

fixed air compressor

Saschi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score
My T-Max under the seat does a great job. Easy and quickly accessible. No heat issues whatsoever. I found the Grenadier built-in tire pressure monitoring system is really useful when inflating the tyres. You can read the actual pressure while inflating. The on-off switch is on the compressor accessible from the driver's seat. I even used it while driving to blow away dust from the dash. Will be upgraded with an air tank soon....View attachment 7848265
View attachment 7848264
Hi chrsbe,
is your T-Max under your seat a 72LPM and are you happy with the performance? You would not want the 160 LPM?
even used it while driving to blow away dust from the dash, how do you power it, with alligator clips?

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi chrsbe,
is your T-Max under your seat a 72LPM and are you happy with the performance? You would not want the 160 LPM?
even used it while driving to blow away dust from the dash, how do you power it, with alligator clips?
Yes it is the T-MAX 160 LPM. So far it does what it should do. I inflated my tires many many times. Most time all 4. No issues with overheating. It delivers a lot of air. I found it has problems with pressures above 5 bar. So i will see how well it does with an adittional air tank in the system. Would i recommend it? Yes it is worth the money.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:14 PM
Reaction score
That's exactly the compressor i am using. Just another brand but same build. If you unscrew the base plate and the holder it will exactly fit under the drivers seat.
Do you have it wired in place, or do you take it out to use it? It would be handy to leave in the on position and control it with one of the overhead switches... Apologies if you've already gone into this and I've missed it.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7848278

I used this setup yesterday, and still find myself debating between the convenience of a smaller onboard system and the above, which I know will gladly work till the cows come home.

I'm being slowly convinced to think about the onboard system.
Connect under the bonnet. Easier/simpler ???

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That seems to be the right place from a power perspective - need to fish some wire It seems.
I use the ARB suitcase and can reach all wheels connected to the under-hood posts. I plan to get a 2-wheel Indeflate so I can fill one axle at a time.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have it wired in place, or do you take it out to use it? It would be handy to leave in the on position and control it with one of the overhead switches... Apologies if you've already gone into this and I've missed it.
I have it wired in place. The wires are long enough so I can take the compressor out in case of overheating. The on-off switch sits on the outside of the compressor. easy to reach even when the door is closed.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
impossible their is a force in the universe that pulls all the 10 mm sockets out of this world
I imagine there's a box somewhere full of chuck it balls and 10mm's - I seem to lose both in equal quantities.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have it wired in place. The wires are long enough so I can take the compressor out in case of overheating. The on-off switch sits on the outside of the compressor. easy to reach even when the door is closed.
Did you wire it to the bus bar, or direct to the battery?

Saschi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I do not want to bother you, but how did you wire it in place? Thank you for your endeavor!

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,

has anyone already installed an air compressor for tire inflation in the car? Does it fit under the bonnet?

Chris
Black Sheep makes a mounting kit for the double ARB compressor that fits in the space where the jack resides—just in front of it, I believe. I just ordered it along with their rock sliders and steps. Great products.

Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
I do not have my truck yet, but has anyone tapped the rock sliders or steps with fittings to make them into low pressure air tanks. I had this on my old Discovery, and was very handy. Mine was 3mm box steel, and just had two quick connects that were covered by a plastic cover. One was for input, and the other was to plug the air line to the tyres into.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I do not have my truck yet, but has anyone tapped the rock sliders or steps with fittings to make them into low pressure air tanks. I had this on my old Discovery, and was very handy. Mine was 3mm box steel, and just had two quick connects that were covered by a plastic cover. One was for input, and the other was to plug the air line to the tyres into.
that is exactly what i am planning to do. i do not know how tight they are in stock. we have to find out. as a rough estimation they should be able to holt 7 liters each side. do you have photos of the ones on your discovery?

Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
that is exactly what i am planning to do. i do not know how tight they are in stock. we have to find out. as a rough estimation they should be able to holt 7 liters each side. do you have photos of the ones on your discovery?
Sorry, no photo's. Traded the Discovery on my TD5 Defender in 2005

Back
Top Bottom