The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Finally

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Screenshot 2023-09-22 093635.jpg

At last I have a delivery date - 30 September 2023 (could have been a day earlier but it's a public holiday here).

So the build begins with items like Bull bar, Side Steps (I deleted the pictured rock sliders), rear storage unit, comms, battery upgrade, mobile office setup and many more items on my wish list.

I'll be running a build thread so that might help and inspire others.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
Great idea Znarf,

I've been keeping an eye on the after market suppliers like TJM, ARB, MSA ... but Ineos isn't even listed yet, so hopefully it won't be too long before they bring out stuff for Grenadier.

There have been quite a few posts from after market suppliers in Europe and UK developing products for Grenadier though.

Enjoy your journey ... I'll be watching with interest ... always good if someone else works it out first 👍

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
Great idea Znarf,

I've been keeping an eye on the after market suppliers like TJM, ARB, MSA ... but Ineos isn't even listed yet, so hopefully it won't be too long before they bring out stuff for Grenadier.

There have been quite a few posts from after market suppliers in Europe and UK developing products for Grenadier though.

Enjoy your journey ... I'll be watching with interest ... always good if someone else works it out first 👍
Some months ago I was told over the electric telephone by some of the "High Priced Help" at ARB that they were not going to bother with the Grenadier due to the small numbers involved.

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Decided not to pay the import duty on the roof rack or the rock sliders, just the cargo barrier. Yes would agree dont bother with ARB, expensive plus they dont pre-test their products (no reports avaialble)

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What a shame. They dont even take advantage of the flat roof and high load cpapcity far more than most 4x4's. They do not bolt into the main roof support cross members (that those grip handles are bolted to). Roof gutters are only pressed sheets togther. Its suprising how most dont even recognise or asked why the Grenadier has a flat roof!

AWo

Local time
8:17 PM
Reaction score
Hmmm....I hope you're still satisfied with FR after a few weeks. I saw some racks showing rust after a few weeks in use (where use mean they were just mounted, nothing else), especially around the bolts and the bolts themself. We use a pick- up rack from Front Runner and some some canister holder (See picture). Same there. I'm finished with them.

On this tour two bolts which hold the rack to the truck bed were ripped apart.

20191008_141549.jpg

AWo

AWo

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hmmm....I hope you're still satisfied with FR after a few weeks. I saw some racks showing rust after a few weeks in use (where use mean they were just mounted, nothing else), especially around the bolts and the bolts themself. We use a pick- up rack from Front Runner and some some canister holder (See picture). Same there. I'm finished with them.

On this tour two bolts which hold the rack to the truck bed were ripped apart.

View attachment 7829261

AWo

AWo
The FR rack carries a warranty for the original purchaser. If any part rusts in the non salty and acid air conditions I'm fortunate to live, in I'll take it up with the distributor.
I may even breathe some positive air on the bolts 😉
I don't think Rhino use different metallurgy , but I'm happy to be enlightened.
And finally , Scott (the crossing Africa guy) will be able to shed light on the durability.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
But warranty gives you (maybe) just new parts which will rust again...it is not only a question of metallurgy but also of the coating.

AWo

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
But warranty gives you (maybe) just new parts which will rust again...it is not only a question of metallurgy but also of the coating.

AWo
Agree. If it goes bad there are options. Including antiseize, threadlock - and other metals.
Nothing lasts forever, esp in the marine environment of Northern hemisphere roads .

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Agree. If it goes bad there are options. Including antiseize, threadlock - and other metals.
Nothing lasts forever, esp in the marine environment of Northern hemisphere roads .
Yes, but to be honest....it should last at least a while. And that is possible as other manufacturers show....we know some former dealers whcih went away from Front Runner as the quality has decreased over the years and they had a lot of customer complaints....and that goes along with my experience.

AWo

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well time will tell!
Can't see why IA didn't offer a 3/4 in 2022/3...

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
The Ineos supplied Rhino Rack is heavy but super solid, tough and built for purpose. Two previous racks on my Defender have weaknesses that I don’t think you’ll get with the Rhino rack. And as a factory option you get the Ineos Guarantee.
Heavy but built for the job in my view
👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom