The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Finally some news - video - Production update January 2023

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
An indicator/turn signal is a rare and beautiful thing to behold in LA traffic.
When I was living in Tunisia, a taxi driver next to me in the traffic jam heard me complaining about a guy in a nice car (Mercedes or BMW) not using the turn signal, and he told me something I didn't now:
"On that car indicators are an option, and he didn't have enough money for it" :ROFLMAO:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
Me to!
Except to me in certain explainable circumstances…
yes when you are trying to hold your coffee and cigar at the sametime as eating a bacon sandwich while trying to turn the radio down

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To be fair, its the same with most manufacturers at the moment, but customers cut them some slack as they have faith in the brand. The fact that INEOS is a startup means that everyone is a little more nervous than if they were waiting for a Nissan. I ordered a new tractor in 2020, it took 9 months to arrive, I was promised September delivery , then October then November, it turned up in January. Its just the way things are at the moment. They certainly seem to be building cars, I’m hopeful that mine wont be too much longer. My original build date was June so when I was given a revised date of February i was delighted. Had they not told me that and left it at June I would have been over the moon with an April delivery. Its all about managing expectations.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
Well at least they said something, As I and others have said it’s not so much that there are delays it’s that they have really let us down with the communications. Having said that, for those of us following closely on forums etc this communication really was a letdown I feel. There was almost zero actual information, I feel I know significantly more from participating here than I learnt from her video. I can only hope they now follow up quickly with individual information about our builds.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if there have been build quality issues with the first batch and they are rectifying before delivery to us early orderers. If we got lemons word would soon get out so presume delays are to check/fix certain problems?
Ineos are "learning" how to build the vehicle in a production setting. Every "add on" requires a process which checks if it's the correct part/assembly, does it fit, is it properly in place, is it damaged...etc etc . The Quality Assurance people need to be trained to spot the defects....
I'm sure that the world press after 8 Feb will point out that "...this was an early production model" etc. In fact, comments from "Scotland" are probably being incorporated already in Hambach thereby slowing the pace of production further to "get it right-the first time"....
I'm happy!! ;)(y)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks INEOS for the update (and commitment of more to follow).

Was it too brief - yes

Did it lack detail as to the reason(s) behind the inability to ramp production up to the number (estimated at 90 cars per day) in December - yes, but who is going to air their dirty linen in public for the competition and critics to latch onto?

However - for those outside of Europe - I was nervous hearing...."we are currently rephasing our delivery schedule"..........does this mean even further delays from the revised?

Personally, my delivery has gone from January to April/May and now.......who knows....June/July?

Screenshot_20230204_091911.pngdelivery times released in December?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect the re-phasing of delivery has been brought about by multiple factors including their ability to stockpile spares in "first phase" markets prior to the arrival of the first examples, shipping arrangements which require a pre-commitment of filling slots on various vessels....trying to accommodate last minute customer spec. changes etc... must be a nightmare!

EDITED: re-phase... not "rephrase"...thought that might be required... ;-)

Last edited:

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
Don’t you find that a ludicrous solution? The headlight turns off to use the signal? Lol. That’s a dumb design for a truck that’s supposed to be clear and purposeful in its ethos.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect the rephrasing of delivery has been brought about by multiple factors including their ability to stockpile spares in "first phase" markets prior to the arrival of the first examples, shipping arrangements which require a pre-commitment of filling slots on various vessels....trying to accommodate last minute customer spec. changes etc... must've a nightmare!

Spinning plates on a roller coaster...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
Don’t you find that a ludicrous solution? The headlight turns off to use the signal? Lol. That’s a dumb design for a truck that’s supposed to be clear and purposeful in its ethos.
Honestly, if you’ve ever seen a vehicle like that, it’s so easy to see the directionAl in use that it’s a shame all cars don’t do it.

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
I suspect the rephrasing of delivery has been brought about by multiple factors including their ability to stockpile spares in "first phase" markets prior to the arrival of the first examples, shipping arrangements which require a pre-commitment of filling slots on various vessels....trying to accommodate last minute customer spec. changes etc... must've a nightmare!
I am familiar with start-ups and restructuring cases. They have caused this situation and try to hide this fact and the truth. As long as they don’t provide further and detailed facts about the current situation and intended solutions, you cannot believe in anything they say. That’s my opinion. You are free to believe whatever you want.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m old enough to remember back to the release of the first Range Rover. On the news, they showed it stuck in mud and having to be pulled out by a Land Rover series vehicle. Fortunately the Range Rover went on to prove its worth and 50 years later, still going strong. I’m assuming Ineos don’t want similar embarrassment marring their entry.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think you’ll find it’s the daylight running lights (not the headlights) that turn off when the turn signals operate. I’ll check for you next week when I go for a test drive.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
Many cars and trucks do this now. Newer Dodge Charger , Challenger / Chrysler 300, I think Audi cars. Pretty sure I've seen a pickup that does the same. Turn left, indicate left, left headlight momentarily turns off to enhance the visibility of the turn indicator. Ineos certainly didn't come up with this idea.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
I think you’ll find it’s the daylight running lights (not the headlights) that turn off when the turn signals operate. I’ll check for you next week when I go for a test drive.
I'd imagine so, my Disco 4/LR4, does this and its a 2015. From the point of other vehicles it's pretty easy to pick out.

I sort of like it to be honest.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Actually, I think it's a great design for oncoming motorists. I am finding it increasingly difficult to distinguish the directional indicators of oncoming traffic at night because multiple high intensity headlights shining my way cause momentary night blindness and the flashing indicator is sometimes lost ... this is especially the case in a lower slung vehicle despite rules and regulations about standardised headlight heights....

Back
Top Bottom