The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Finally some news - video - Production update January 2023

Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
It seems that Phase 1 countries are the only ones receiving the communications. Did anyone in the US receive an email? I can somewhat understand why, but it would be nice if all reservation holders were kept in the loop.
Between litigation and the federal mandates of safety and more critically, emission demands, not hopeful of any vehicles making it to the US. I hope I'm 100% wrong of course since they know what they're doing and are pressing forward, seemingly.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
It seems that Phase 1 countries are the only ones receiving the communications. Did anyone in the US receive an email? I can somewhat understand why, but it would be nice if all reservation holders were kept in the loop.
I agree they should be contacting everyone, But it makes a change its normally the USA that forgets about the rest of the world. Why do you call it the World Series?

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
that could come directly from a politician a lot of talk say nothing

Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
Between litigation and the federal mandates of safety and more critically, emission demands, not hopeful of any vehicles making it to the US. I hope I'm 100% wrong of course since they know what they're doing and are pressing forward, seemingly.
So, you really think Ineos won't be able to import vehicles to the US? That would be nuts after all the work they've done in the NA market.

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In my opinion, that video is rubbish. It is again asking for patience (we have been asked several times before). No timeline is provided. Nothing is said about how many vehicles have been produced, no statement on the rate of production… It is just scraping on the surface. Could have been the speech of some scammer from those fundraising platforms or a politician.

The video doesn’t explain any of the problems I have experienced so far: complete chaos in processes and customer communication, i.e. losing contracts, asking for new contracts to be signed, stating the vehicle has been built and waits for shipping, than saying it hasn’t been built due to a shortage of parts, giving delivery dates that are in the past, etc.

I am seriously considering abandoning the project.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Admittedly, I don't know anything about the status of the litigation between Ineos and Land Rover. However, I'm not as worried about the other things you mention. The Grenadier has passed all European safety tests, and I am confident that it will pass American safety tests. In fact, I'm going to guess it performs better than the Wrangler, but we will find out details later. With regard to emissions, Ineos is not trying to sell the diesel version (with the BMW B57 engine) in North America. Ineos is only selling the gas version here (with the BMW B58 engine) and it has already passed all Euro and American emission testing. In fact, it is in a "cleaner" category of vehicle than many other internal combustion engines currently being sold in both Europe and North America.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
In my opinion, that video is rubbish. It is again asking for patience (we have been asked several times before). No timeline is provided. Nothing is said about how many vehicles have been produced, no statement on the rate of production… It is just scraping on the surface. Could have been the speech of some scammer from those fundraising platforms or a politician.

The video doesn’t explain any of the problems I have experienced so far: complete chaos in processes and customer communication, i.e. losing contracts, asking for new contracts to be signed, stating the vehicle has been built and waits for shipping, than saying it hasn’t been built due to a shortage of parts, giving delivery dates that are in the past, etc.

I am seriously considering to abandon the project.

My other half just saw the message and asked are they stalling in the hope that lots drop out so they can sell more to those who are willing to pay the higher price !

I do wonder if every time someone does drop out, somebody else at Ineos thinks, oh well that’s an extra 10k we just made.

We are all free to make our own choices and I could easily walk away, however not only am I looking forward to the vehicle but I have also got a serious case of FOMO. With the luck I have, if I cancelled it, the IG would receive an award next year for the “most influential vehicle to be released in the last 100 years”

Clearly it won’t because I am not going to cancel but if I did !!!

A long worded way of saying, hang in there mate. A clear bonus of this being delayed is, we have the chance to see what the press think and early early customers think.

If it turns out to be a lemon, then you are in the pound seats for cancelling.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I am seriously considering abandoning the project.
I agree with you that there’s no real information in the video.
To me it seems that they have a problem they do not want to publish at all. The customers cars they pretend to bring to the dealers seem to stay at the dealers site at the moment. And the leave the production line at homeopathic quantities.
On the other side my dealer is optimistic to get some customers and demo cars in near future (1 month maybe).
They seem to get some information regularly since some days and stay optimistic.
So I stay optimistic as well, also I think that a more open approach on the communication of problems might be appropriate!
Believe in the good and keep cool for another week 👍

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Well I'm sold sold on the green.

Some communication from Miss Calder is better than the vacuous silence thats been growing I think. It's not what everyone wanted to hear I'm sure, responses will range from frustration and demoralization to plain indifference or relief for a bit more breathing room to scrape the cash together. I am hoping that people are feeling at least recognized if not totally satisfied.

As some have said on this thread and elsewhere, hold the line but don't hold your breath.

It's only a few days until the embargo is lifted on the media reviews as we understand it, it won't get your Grenadier here any quicker but at least we'll have some new reading material.

And if you're really down in the dumps just think about the reservation holders in North America, they don't even know a price yet or when they'll be able to order let alone take delivery.....

And yes know this post is elsewhere ;)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
From my point of view, the video corresponds perfectly to the procedure regarding communication in large companies. No company would report in detail on internal issues in such a message. Especially not about specific quality issues. And just because we have ordered vehicles, or are more or less only interested, we have no right to constant explanations from IA.

I said it here a long time ago, when a company dares to take such a step, from the idea on a beer mat to delivery, there are enough issues to be dealt with. Things also go wrong in the process. INEOS Automotive is also learning.

Since I first heard about the idea in 2016/2017, I know that it will become a success and that I will now very soon own such a vehicle and be able to work with it and also have fun.

...and those of you who see it the same way, too.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
I never noticed that the front turn signals are around the headlight? That'll make it hard to see when you have your lights on. Can't they separate it? Same with the rear, too many functions crammed together.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I never noticed that the front turn signals are around the headlight? That'll make it hard to see when you have your lights on. Can't they separate it? Same with the rear, too many functions crammed together.
Not a big fan of that either, would suspect the headlight in question dims somewhat to enable oncoming vehicles to see the indicator. Seen that on cars here in UK

Local time
Reaction score
Admittedly, I don't know anything about the status of the litigation between Ineos and Land Rover. However, I'm not as worried about the other things you mention. The Grenadier has passed all European safety tests, and I am confident that it will pass American safety tests. In fact, I'm going to guess it performs better than the Wrangler, but we will find out details later. With regard to emissions, Ineos is not trying to sell the diesel version (with the BMW B57 engine) in North America. Ineos is only selling the gas version here (with the BMW B58 engine) and it has already passed all Euro and American emission testing. In fact, it is in a "cleaner" category of vehicle than many other internal combustion engines currently being sold in both Europe and North America.
I should clarify ... Not specifically emissions, but the rating requirements of mpg. I'm still researching it, but I don't know how they can meet current fleet requirements much less than the new mandates unless they electrify (yuck) or the hydrogen comes to fruition.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Not a big fan of that either, would suspect the headlight in question dims somewhat to enable oncoming vehicles to see the indicator. Seen that on cars here in the UK
Many cars have a similar setup and the headlight turns off while the turn signal is on. Once you are moving the headlights turns on again. It doesn't matter where in the US as everyone is allergic to using their turn signals.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Many cars have a similar setup and the headlight turns off while the turn signal is on. Once you are moving the headlights turns on again. It doesn't matter where in the US as everyone is allergic to using their turn signals.
An indicator/turn signal is a rare and beautiful thing to behold in LA traffic.

Back
Top Bottom