The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Finally some news - video - Production update January 2023

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score
"...and I promise you - the wait is almost over."
Thank you for posting this video. Like ECrider wrote: "rather that than sound of silence".
I AGREE THAT THE QUALITIY STANDARDS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING - more important than one, two or three weeks of waiting.
So I sit here, writing posts, and waiting for the next message... :coffee:

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:58 AM
Reaction score
I prefer the thing to be right and wait a few months . Cannot understand all the anxiety and anger around the delivery dates . It is what it is . It a brand new project it is bound to have a few miss-haps . On the othr hand I agree communication could be a bit better.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
If this car is flawed in any major (or even minor way) the hyena's will be in for the kill. They have to get this right, they only get to make a first impression once. For my part I'd rather they take their time and do just that. If I have to wait longer, so be it. My guess is however that they'll start rolling out like oranges soon enough.

INEOS, just give us all a bloody marvellous vehicle!

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if there have been build quality issues with the first batch and they are rectifying before delivery to us early orderers. If we got lemons word would soon get out so presume delays are to check/fix certain problems?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
She really felt "sorry", and concerned, this is nice.
But why not tell us a little bit more of what kind of problems there are or checks they have to do? This would have been a little bit better.

But indeed, better this general communication than the silence of the last months!

Thanks @ECrider and thanks to Lynn Calder (y)

Last edited:

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if there have been build quality issues with the first batch and they are rectifying before delivery to us early orderers. If we got lemons word would soon get out so presume delays are to check/fix certain problems?

I'd call it healthy trepidation of not f*cking it up! They're about to launch the most talked about, hotly anticipated 4x4 to hit the market in years, they are NOT going to be blasé with quality checks. Maybe later when 10,000 have rolled off the line and they can be confident everything will be ok, but not right now.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Beautiful woman, beautiful words. No hard facts though.

Buy anyway, I appreciate very much to see her talking to their customers.

Thank you. :)

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am so happy, that Sir Ratcliffe ist soooo rich. In the past I saw many good ideas in cars, but they were killed at the start. I remember TRESER, who wanted to build a innovate cabrio - but his biggest sponsor OETTINGER stopped the whole thing. I remember LOREMO, they wanted to build a lightweight coupé - crashed. I believe that Sir Ratcliffe has got not many friends in the car production establishment - but he doesn´t need them. And they can´t stopp him.

I think the CEO has to keep for sure, that nobody in Hambach makes things "BAD" - I mean SABOTAGE (okay, it is a bad word) is possible - oh, nobody knows, but suddently there is a technical problem with the steering, with the brakes, with the electronic, you know what I mean.... ;)

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some hard facts would have been nice, but its better than silence. I would have loved even a rough idea of a delivery time, just so i can plan ahead. My current (temporary) drive is a ranger which only has 4 seats, we are a family of 5. I’m planning a trip abroad and can’t book anything until I know for sure that my car is here, or at least a firm delivery date. Our other car is electric and I wouldn’t dare take that to the continent…

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
... I believe that Sir Ratcliffe has got not many friends in the car production establishment - but he doesn´t need them.
I think he has a lot of friends in the car business, or at least a lot of customers who buy products and materials from his chemical companies! And Ineos Automotive is also using "Ineos" materials!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some hard facts would have been nice, but its better than silence. I would have loved even a rough idea of a delivery time, just so i can plan ahead. My current (temporary) drive is a ranger which only has 4 seats, we are a family of 5. I’m planning a trip abroad and can’t book anything until I know for sure that my car is here, or at least a firm delivery date. Our other car is electric and I wouldn’t dare take that to the continent…
Interesting, didn't know Rangers had 4 seat configurations

Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
It seems that Phase 1 countries are the only ones receiving the communications. Did anyone in the US receive an email? I can somewhat understand why, but it would be nice if all reservation holders were kept in the loop.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mines the 1 1/2 cab. Not a full double. It has two fold up seats in the back. You wouldn’t want to go any distance in them..

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Reading between the lines it seems as though they’ve found a fault that has to be rectified on all vehicles and this has taken time. That would be my guess. Better that than a recall though. I’d love to know what it was, possibly software..

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mines the 1 1/2 cab. Not a full double. It has two fold up seats in the back. You wouldn’t want to go any distance in them..
tks. if the Grenny is delayed beyond your hols then perhaps least favourite family member in the roof box

Back
Top Bottom