The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel Filler neck on diesel

etbandit

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the below high flow diesel adaptor as mentioned by other forum members actually works on the Grenadier now that people have taken delivery of their vehicle? Is there splashing or blow-back when using it? Would be handy to have in an emergency but only if it actually fits/works on the Gren.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the below high flow diesel adaptor as mentioned by other forum members actually works on the Grenadier now that people have taken delivery of their vehicle? Is there splashing or blow-back when using it? Would be handy to have in an emergency but only if it actually fits/works on the Gren.

I have one, but I haven’t had opportunity to try it yet.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

This adapter is also on my to-get list so I'm keen to know the answer. I think it would take a sniper's cool finger on the trigger to keep the flow rate low so it doesn't blow back. But that's still better than no ability to refuel out the back of 'straya.
These pop up on Amazon AU and Ebay AU occasionally. I checked with my local VW dealer today and part number 000072709 is obsolete. The spare parts guy Googled it and pointed me to ECS Tuning 😀. Maybe a group buy?

@AnD3rew : Where did you get yours from?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This adapter is also on my to-get list so I'm keen to know the answer. I think it would take a sniper's cool finger on the trigger to keep the flow rate low so it doesn't blow back. But that's still better than no ability to refuel out the back of 'straya.
These pop up on Amazon AU and Ebay AU occasionally. I checked with my local VW dealer today and part number 000072709 is obsolete. The spare parts guy Googled it and pointed me to ECS Tuning 😀. Maybe a group buy?

@AnD3rew : Where did you get yours from?
Amazon, but I bought it several months ago

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
I'm curious to know an answer too - pulled up at a high-flow diesel pump today and the nozzle was too large for the Grenadier fill neck...

Be a problem if that was the only available pump type

DustCloud

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Edit: Don't buy this.The narrow end is too narrow and doesn't push the mis-fuel gate release catches out of the way.

What is the outside diameter of a hi-flow bowser nozzle? Without modification this from Supercheap Auto has a 31mm opening and if the lip was removed, probably a few mm more.

1707544891559.png

Last edited:

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
To open the misfueling flap you need a 25mm OD nozzle for a diesel grenadier. Petrol one is narrower.

DustCloud

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Rok_Dr Yes the narrow end of the item I suggested is too small. Bought the VW/Audi one from Amazon USA, will update when it arrives to see if it does the job.

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If it is a problem with a lot of remote travel. Any reason why we couldn't just remove it altogether.

Probably a bit of work in it replacing the filler neck, or part of it, but would solve the problem

Back
Top Bottom