The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Feeling the Buzz yet?

Skymark

Forum Donor
Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
I've read the various forum posts that mention the Buzz Overland sliders w. integrated steps. Pros they appear very well constructed and designed to perform equally well as a robust slider as well as a step for shorter occupants. The only potential con I have read about is their cost. I am curious if anyone has had them installed for at least a few months and can speak to their utility on and off road?

Taken a hit yet and come away unscathed?

Do the shorter people in your life still complain when getting in and out?

Thanks

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've read the various forum posts that mention the Buzz Overland sliders w. integrated steps. Pros they appear very well constructed and designed to perform equally well as a robust slider as well as a step for shorter occupants. The only potential con I have read about is their cost. I am curious if anyone has had them installed for at least a few months and can speak to their utility on and off road?

Taken a hit yet and come away unscathed?

Do the shorter people in your life still complain when getting in and out?

Thanks
I'm going to pick mine up this afternoon and I know @Tom109 got his the other day (but hasn't had time to install them). My goal is to install mine tomorrow but we'll see how that works out.

Across the pond, @Cheshire cat has them installed and speaks highly of them.

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Mine arrived via UPS last Saturday. However cold and rain (and work) have kept me from doing the install. I am hoping that will happen tomorrow morning. Supposed to be dry and 50ish. I will try to snap pics as I do the install.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
Is that a council scheme you live on @Tom109 ?
I took your comment as: HOA (Home Owners Association) rules prohibit outdoor work on vehicles, so best done ‘under cover of darkness’😆

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:35 PM
Reaction score
UPS dropped mine off this morning. Proceeded to install it with some emailed tips from Sam at OK4WD.
- 3 gold bolts with small washers for the middle
- 4 silver nuts and bolts with large washers for the rear
- 4 silver bolts and large washers for the threaded holes in the front
Here are the left and right sides:
i-mbbHb7W-X3.jpg

Jack stands helped position the rock slider steps. We secured the 2 gold bolts in the center loosely first.
i-s6bBDRj-X3.jpg

That made it easier to install the 4 other bolts at the front and the nut and bolt combinations in the rear. Made sure to include the wide washers for the bolts in front and rear.
i-v7WLtVv-X3.jpg

i-RZKcNh5-X3.jpg

Installed the last center gold bolt last.
i-zmmbgrS-X3.jpg

i-3kMfCMb-X3.jpg

HogRider

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh man... I hope they ship me one from this first shipment they received. I ordered it pretty late, a few weeks ago, should've placed the order earlier.

Skymark

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
UPS dropped mine off this morning. Proceeded to install it with some emailed tips from Sam at OK4WD.
@grnamin Thanks for the detailed install pics!

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Completely forgot to include Sam's tips:
Hi Gregory,
Our YouTube video seems to be the only form of instructions available at the moment.
The gold Grade-8 bolts that are included with the sliders will be used in the threaded holes on the center of the frame, and the silver nuts and bolts included will be used on the front and rear mounting locations.
For the threaded holes, ensure a washer is placed on the bolt before inserting into the frame.
For the non-threaded holes, ensure a washer is placed on the bolt before inserting through the hole, and place another on the bolt before adding the nut.
I would suggest leaving the bolts a bit loose until all of them are in place to help line things up. Having a second set of hands, or a floor jack would be helpful to keep the sliders in place during installation.
Let me know if I can help with anything else!

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i-mbbHb7W-X3.jpg

Jack stands helped position the rock slider steps. We secured the 2 gold bolts in the center loosely first.
i-s6bBDRj-X3.jpg

That made it easier to install the 4 other bolts at the front and the nut and bolt combinations in the rear. Made sure to include the wide washers for the bolts in front and rear.
i-v7WLtVv-X3.jpg

i-RZKcNh5-X3.jpg

i-zmmbgrS-X3.jpg

i-3kMfCMb-X3.jpg
That looks really good!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i-mbbHb7W-X3.jpg

i-s6bBDRj-X3.jpg

i-v7WLtVv-X3.jpg

i-RZKcNh5-X3.jpg

i-zmmbgrS-X3.jpg

i-3kMfCMb-X3.jpg
Hi grnamin, Wow, those look really nice and fit for purpose.
Enjoy.
DaBull

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Having worked with @buzzspecialvehicles , knowing their level of detail, this is what we will be installing on our Gren as well. They are made exactly how I would want to do them, 316 stainless steel with a welder that knows how to properly weld 316 stainless. Perfect choice of material, size, and design and durability. I’ve used them on another grenadier and they are really nice. Considering they are only about $300-400 more than the equivalent carbon steel version out on the market, that increase in price is well worth it as I have yet to own a vehicle with sliders made from carbon steel that won’t rust through the powder. They all do and constantly needed touch up. Plus @buzzspecialvehicles are true blue small business guys who care about their customers and are invested in this vehicle for the long term. Not just some phase for them like other larger companies on the market pumping out cheap stuff. Just my .02👍

Back
Top Bottom