The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Estimated Costs in the US based off Australia as of Nov 2022

Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
This Australian site has updated costs as of Nov 2022. (but it does state "All prices exclude on-road costs, and the Grenadier is exempt from luxury car tax" so I'm not sure what other taxes will be added for US)

I grabbed a few of the figures and did the conversion. $75k starting point if you simply do the exchange rate, not sure about other taxes and such that may apply. YMMV

-------------------------------------------------
Ineos Grenadier Station Wagon
Base: $110,500 AUD / $75,221.22 USD
Fieldmaster Edition: $112,555 AUD / $76,620.13 USD
Trailmaster Edition: $112,555 / $76,620.13 USD

Rough Pack: $2875 AUD / $1957.11
Smooth Pack: $2875 AUD / $1957.11 USD
-------------------------------------------------

Traffic

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
@DaveB told me Australian pricing included a 10% GST that needs to be backed out. When I did it a month ago for Australia and the UK, I got the following:

Australia = about $70,000USD
UK = about $66,000USD

Last edited:

Xrford

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I believe the AUS Prices have a tax imbedded in there. Also cost of shipping would be significantly cheaper to USA. Most manufactures price their vehicals to compete with their competitors in the market in question. I would think the base price is going to compete with a Jeep Rubicon and the upper models with land rover Defender 110 SE. I would think that would give you a better idea of price than just doing a price conversion from some other markets like AUS.

Last edited:

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
The one thing I’ve learned about car pricing between world markets is never a direct comparison. I’m regularly surprised by even the inexplicable differences between US and Canadian pricing (Canada is often less expensive). The numbers above are as accurate as any I’ve come up with. High $60s all the way to $85k with a bunch of options. I will never complain about what we pay in the US versus other markets. I am often jealous however, of the variety of choices available in other (European) markets. We will not be rewarded for our early interest in the grenadier though. We will have to pay the big price increases from Nov 2022. Inflation is real

Local time
Reaction score
That article pegs “base” price at $70-100K. That seems too high. I believe AU pricing with recent increases put the Trailmaster at AUD110K, which is about $80K USD. Hard to tell what that will actually covert to here, but I would hope they at least try to undercut the pricing on comparable models of the LR Defenders by a fair margin. If not, I worry for the future of this thing. In fact, my biggest fear is that they price this thing to high and don’t sell enough, in which case I might be left with a car without parts available in a few years.

I noticed the Scottish Highlands mentioned in that review you posted. I just read a different review from the Scottish Highlands event, which was a little more critical than the MotorTrend review: https://www.hagerty.com/media/new-c...ier-review-work-to-be-done-on-this-workhorse/.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
After driving one at the Bridgeport Tx event I believe the price should be around $65,000 to $67,500 in the USA. I agree with jlglr4 in his post about pricing them too high. There are many quality off-road competitors at that $80k price range and many of those have a proven. or at least an identifiable, track record.
What bothers me the most is the items required in the USA- back up cameras, automatic emergency braking, lane keep assist, and drowsy driver detection. Heck, the MotorTrend article wants a "native navigation system" and all I need is a place to plug in a Garmin and that is really not needed.
I thought the purpose was to get away from all this electrical nonsense and yet it keeps piling up on us and the more it piles up just gets the vehicle further away from the original concept put forth by Sir James Ratcliffe.
Not sure about orders in AU but USA was supposed to be around 7,000. Perhaps a larger number of sales will cut price a bit here in USA.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score
The Australian price includes 10% GST(VAT)
So divide by 1.1
Utility $88,181=USD$59,573
Station Wagon $89,090 = USD$60,187
Trialmaster/Fieldmaster $99,568 = USD$67,267
1677868539661.png

Traffic

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
After driving one at the Bridgeport Tx event I believe the price should be around $65,000 to $67,500 in the USA.
I haven't driven one yet, but that was kind of my thinking too. Seems to be the tipping point that makes it a better option than any TRD Pro Toyota or Lexus offering or higher spec Jeep.

Are you basing your opinion on quality, competition, or just overall feel?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Australian price includes 10% GST(VAT)
So divide by 1.1
Utility $88,181=USD$59,573
Station Wagon $89,090 = USD$60,187
Trialmaster/Fieldmaster $99,568 = USD$67,267
View attachment 7804946
$68K (US) plus tax and tags - I'm happy. Would love lower, naturally, but I'm OK below $70.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score
$68K (US) plus tax and tags - I'm happy. Would love lower, naturally, but I'm OK below $70.
Just be aware that this is just an exchange rate calculation on an Australian spec vehicle.
The US spec might be very different.
Your import duties might be different

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, well aware, but that would be a fantastic number for us. It will be interesting, I think, because there are so many 4x4 (both wagon and pickup) choices here. On top of that, pretty capable vehicles in "low-spec" can be had below $40,000, and at the same time, can easily swell into six figures. I think Jeeps and Broncos will be seen as competitors by most people, and if that's the case, the low entry point for either brand is an obvious disadvantage for IA. I'm not saying that IA feels and that the Grenadier is indeed comparable to those trucks, but I think a lot of folks will see it that way.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't driven one yet, but that was kind of my thinking too. Seems to be the tipping point that makes it a better option than any TRD Pro Toyota or Lexus offering or higher spec Jeep.

Are you basing your opinion on quality, competition, or just overall feel?
Quality and competition mostly. I have a 100 and a 200 series land cruiser and have compared their performance and other features to the Grenadier. The engine performance of the Grenadier is very close to the 100 series land cruiser however, the 100 series Land Cruiser is way more plush. The 200 series has lots more engine performance and luxury than the other two.
I doubt that most buyers of this vehicle will live and drive it in off-road situations only, it is going to have to hit the highway and it might be severely lacking at 70mph. Wish I could have driving it on the highway but all driving was off-road at less than 20mph.

resguy68

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
If I understand the Australian market correctly, you also need to net out the luxury tax.

Tax burden: (1+2)
(1) GST: 10% * (price)
(2) Luxury tax: 33% * ((price + GST) -$69,152)

Interest rate:
USD/AUD: 1/1.48

Station Wagon $98,000 = USD$55,800
Trialmaster/Fieldmaster $109,425 = USD$61,076

jlcrain

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
That article pegs “base” price at $70-100K. That seems too high. I believe AU pricing with recent increases put the Trailmaster at AUD110K, which is about $80K USD. Hard to tell what that will actually covert to here, but I would hope they at least try to undercut the pricing on comparable models of the LR Defenders by a fair margin. If not, I worry for the future of this thing. In fact, my biggest fear is that they price this thing to high and don’t sell enough, in which case I might be left with a car without parts available in a few years.

Having owned modern LRs I would not compare. They are junk. But if you did then a capable(ish) 110 ranges from about $65k to $90k So in a similar range to what folks are guessing at.

I noticed the Scottish Highlands mentioned in that review you posted. I just read a different review from the Scottish Highlands event, which was a little more critical than the MotorTrend review: https://www.hagerty.com/media/new-c...ier-review-work-to-be-done-on-this-workhorse/.

Good article to read and indeed more critical

Back
Top Bottom