The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Electrical ticking timebomb

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
2 things in the Grenadier : cover the positive battery posts (and a negative disconnect always helps when fiddling with any wiring) - and beware lithium under you passenger's arse department!
And pack that survival bag in a handy location!
The wiring diagram won't save you in an emergency!
But yes , prevention is better than attempted cure.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
This is specifically talking about aftermarket modifications (based on everything they show), not factory wiring; and honestly, (yes I understand things in the US are vastly different than down under), just sounds like a fear inducing attention grab video
But we know owners will have a fiddle once they get the cars ;)
And they will be "enabled" by hopefully some bulletproof guidance on this fine forum!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is specifically talking about aftermarket modifications (based on everything they show), not factory wiring; and honestly, (yes I understand things in the US are vastly different than down under), just sounds like a fear inducing attention grab video
Yes and no, I am not suggesting rhat there is a high likelihood of a factory wired a Grenadier just catching fire, but if you don’t have a wiring diagram or at least a solid understanding of how things are wired and connected if you run into problems in a remote area (and we know Grenadiers are not flawless) then it going to make it much harder to resolve on your own. It also increases the risk of f$&king something up if you are adding aftermarket electrical mods. Ronny doesn’t usually go for fear mongering he generally gives solid advice and yes things are different here people heavily mod their vehicles for remote touring to ge comfortable and self sufficient for up to weeks at a time and sometimes in places that are several hard days drive from any help.

My main point is INEOS please make a wiring diagram available to us, so far everything we have learnt (and its a lot) has been 100% from brave people dismantling their brand new cars and posting here. (thank you to all) but much of that could have been shortcut if we had the wiring diagram and some more details from INEOS.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This forum needs some positivity-lets not find problems that don’t exist!
Please don’t misunderstand me. Again I am not suggesting the Grenadier is in fact an electrical ticking time bomb. Just emphasising a point that has been made here many times before, that there is a big black hole of information on how things are wired and connected on a vehicle that made a big deal of it’s electrical preparation etc. which I still think is pretty cool, but I will need to make some tweaks to suit my needs as will many others. (and already have) and a bit more information would be very helpful.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
This is specifically talking about aftermarket modifications (based on everything they show), not factory wiring;
If that's the case, it must be based on normal manufacturer's making available decent information for systems they've installed, something Ineos has failed to do.

Not only that, but Ineos are unable to answer simple questions about size of fuses and what they supply and have in my case given completely erroneous information on parts of the electrical system.

Reactions: PBD

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Please don’t misunderstand me. Again I am not suggesting the Grenadier is in fact an electrical ticking time bomb. Just emphasising a point that has been made here many times before, that there is a big black hole of information on how things are wired and connected on a vehicle that made a big deal of it’s electrical preparation etc. which I still think is pretty cool, but I will need to make some tweaks to suit my needs as will many others. (and already have) and a bit more information would be very helpful.
Thanks Andrew, I understand where you are coming from. I am surprised that there is very little information on the supplementing wiring we have regarding the High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel & Electrical Preparation.

Without the Forum, I would not have known where the connections are hiding under the bonnet or rear seat.

I am sure @DCPU has asked the question from Ineos. I also agree, all question on any narrative are never answered. They need to build a database of FAQ's for us.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am surprised that there is very little information on the supplementing wiring we have regarding the High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel & Electrical Preparation.

I am sure @DCPU has asked the question from Ineos.
Not only have I asked but via the agent I received a reply that included a very informative wiring diagram.

Why have I not published it here?

Well the email it came in had this header:

This email is private and confidential and no part of it is to be shared publicly including attachments.

and whilst I completely refute any such correspondence can be deemed as private and confidential, I previously published info from that email on the forum and someone from Ineos contacted Stu Barnes and my post was taken down (it was later re-instated but that's a different story).

All very counter-productive...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
And all of a sudden INEOS is able to react.

Albeit in a shabby way. (n)

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not only have I asked but via the agent I received a reply that included a very informative wiring diagram.

Why have I not published it here?

Well the email it came in had this header:

This email is private and confidential and no part of it is to be shared publicly including attachments.

and whilst I completely refute any such correspondence can be deemed as private and confidential, I previously published info from that email on the forum and someone from Ineos contacted Stu Barnes and my post was taken down (it was later re-instated but that's a different story).

All very counter-productive...
That's understandable. Will send an email to ask the question.

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom