The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ready for Adventure

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bit of a shaky start. 40mins in 110kmh middle lane M1 4:30am in the dark, passing a B Double and the check engine light comes on, limp mode very limited power.

Pulled over, cycled the ignition and it went away. Fingers crossed but a little more nervous now. Than when we left.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
everything is fine (y)
Knocking on wood. Hope so. This happened with my Land Rovers from time to time too, but there is one of us here who had this happen and it was several weeks in the workshop trying to figure it out.

Local time
Reaction score
At least if it happens to a LR there are multiple scan tools available, well know fixes, multiple good and knowledgeable workshops
The crap thing about the IG there is none of that and not even the promised workshop manual that was supposed to be available to all customers
I hope it goes well for you

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
At least if it happens to a LR there are multiple scan tools available, well know fixes, multiple good and knowledgeable workshops
The crap thing about the IG there is none of that and not even the promised workshop manual that was supposed to be available to all customers
I hope it goes well for you
You can buy a obd2 scanner now for the IG.

Reactions: PBD

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can buy a obd2 scanner now for the IG.
Not sure that’s 100% true. There is one company that claimed their tool worked on the IG but how much and how useful is another question. I would be interested to know if it scans everything and allows you to read and clear codes etc.

Last edited:

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Glad theres been no more engine problems; must admit I shuddered when I read the dreaded words ‘limp mode’. Not a thing that should be in our world…

otherwise green with envy!

Reactions: PBD

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Glad theres been no more engine problems; must admit I shuddered when I read the dreaded words ‘limp mode’. Not a thing that should be in our world…

otherwise green with envy!
Have to say it rocked my confidence a bit. But have a few days solid driving under my belt since and no reoccurrence so far, so slowly gaining it back. Beach tomorrow and semi desert and bush next week.🤞

Back
Top Bottom