The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ready for Adventure

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
Todays adventure, collecting botanical specimens for Desert Uplands. A special personal tour of First Nations rock art from a traditional owner, bush tracks 41° C temps, scrub driving, Galahs, emus. Kangaroos. Fabulous day.
View: https://youtu.be/BSq-oBc1LcE?si=2kyPPShpcgGRtruQ

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Long and a bit boring but if you are interested in seeing a bit of Australian bush have a look, as always you can’t really see how knarly some bits are on a video like this. There isnone bit which is very knarly where the video stops but I was on my own and needed to use both hands but I got through it in high range with centre diff locked and no lockers in.
https://instagram.com/stories/wilts...e=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi AnD3rew
It's marked "private" on Instagram ... and requires the app. Are you able to remove the "private" requirement?
cheers

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi AnD3rew
It's marked "private" on Instagram ... and requires the app. Are you able to remove the "private" requirement?
cheers
Ahh, not used to Insta, will see what I can do

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
where are you today AnD3rew? :) ;)
Still in Barcaldine. Will head up to Muttaburra tomorrow and then heading home Fri-Sat

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi AnD3rew
cheers
Hopefully have made public now

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Andrew.

are you carrying a portable 12v compressor or have you had a compressor installed under the rear seat?
I have an ARB in a box, I prefer the flexibility of a portable one, I use it around my garage for my classic cars and can lend it to my kids etc. I also like have that spot under the seat to store other stuff like my Noco jumpstarter and NATO adapter etc.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Todays adventure, collecting botanical specimens for Desert Uplands. A special personal tour of First Nations rock art from a traditional owner, bush tracks 41° C temps, scrub driving, Galahs, emus. Kangaroos. Fabulous day.
So, over 40 degrees did you find the safari windows might need additional screening, or did it not feel like they added to the heat load?

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, over 40 degrees did you find the safari windows might need additional screening, or did it not feel like they added to the heat load?
Good question, when it’s really hot and the sun is directly through the Safari window it is a little less comfortable and if you put your hand on the Safari window it is definitely hot. But with the aircon cranked up it was bearable inside at all times. I actually do have a set of custom shades that I got from SLRV but I was never motivated enough to go and drag them out and put them on, so I guess that says something.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Load space may not be deep, but you sure can stack a bunch in there up high

IMG_5058.jpeg

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Load space may not be deep, but you sure can stack a bunch in there up high

View attachment 7830918
And only takes 5 minutes to get a beer out of rhe fridge. 😉😂😂😂

That just demonstrates how important it is to get a cargo barrier installed doesn’t it.

I’ve yet to order one as I thought someone might bring a quick release half version out soon. As good as having them installed is, wanting to use the full cargo length at times makes them a pain.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

That just demonstrates how important it is to get a cargo barrier installed doesn’t it.

I’ve yet to order one as I thought someone might bring a quick release half version out soon. As good as having them installed is, wanting to use the full cargo length at times makes them a pain.
Would never have a wagon without a cargo barrier, even if you aren’t loading it to the roof, anything in the back can kill you in an accident

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Yes, I am planning a fridge slide and fridge cage so I can stack on top and slide the fridge out for a beer

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And only takes 5 minutes to get a beer out of the fridge. 😉😂😂😂

@bigleonski : since I rejigged the spring loaded bolts on the cargo barrier in mine, it can now be installed and /or removed in less than 2 minutes. ;)
However, I would ideally like to be able to install it behind the front seats as well but that doesn't seem possible as there's no lower retention point for the M1 version. The N1 version seems to have a much larger barrier which is shaped to accommodate the angle of inclination of the backrests and is fixed close to the floor...

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@bigleonski : since I rejigged the spring loaded bolts on the cargo barrier in mine, it can now be installed and /or removed in less than 2 minutes. ;)
However, I would ideally like to be able to install it behind the front seats as well but that doesn't seem possible as there's no lower retention point for the M1 version. The N1 version seems to have a much larger barrier which is shaped to accommodate the angle of inclination of the backrests and is fixed close to the floor...
Visit might be in order when I get mine.

Back
Top Bottom