The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Eibach Pro-Lift Kit ~ +30mm coil springs

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
Exactly.

Now I can stratch the BS Eibach leveling lift kit off my list. Who comes up with these things?!
Sadly, it is what the vast majority of US buyers would go for, because it suits their needs

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
@Logsplitter @Tom109 I'll start by saying, first the comment is directed towards US customers. I had the orginal springs on order through a friend. I believe the orginal eibach version will still be available, if your in the USA you might have to get it imported. Second, I believe the different springs are to address the heavier vehicle in the US and ability to run larger tires. With the addition of the safety requirements in front end, a different spring might be needed. You will notice the addition in inches to front with the back being the same. Yes it does level the front out but also makes it easier to run larger tires.
@ADVAW8S - I get it, I just don't understand it.

Suspension is complex and not a simple issue of leveling your truck for 'gram shots. There is science behind spring length, spring rate, and the reason for higher ride height below the empty rear load bay. It will be interesting if they publish the number of coils, spring lengths, and spring rates for the new Gram springs.

Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
@ADVAW8S - I get it, I just don't understand it.

Suspension is complex and not a simple issue of leveling your truck for 'gram shots. There is science behind spring length, spring rate, and the reason for higher ride height below the empty rear load bay. It will be interesting if they publish the number of coils, spring lengths, and spring rates for the new Gram springs.

First, kudos to Eibach for working on this project!

It would be great to get the info @Tom109 mentions, and - in addition - I'd like to know (1) what the lift does to the caster angle, and (2) see some photos (or measurements) of how the lift affects the angle of the front control arms. Will Eibach offer adjustable control arms? If they do not do that kind of fabrication, will they partner with someone who does? In a rush to get out a taller lift (which is relatively easy to produce), it would be a shame if the details of dialing in the on-road handling were left to some other company. This could put early adopters of the lift in a sub-optimal situation with regard to how the vehicle handles, and they would be left waiting for someone to develop a solution.

This is beating a dead horse, but longer control arms from the factory would have no negative consequences for a stock Grenadier, and would have the big upside of facilitating a 3-inch lift to the front of the vehicle and the addition of taller tires. It cannot come as a surprise to Ineos that many owners (especially Americans?) would be interested in up-sizing the tires.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
It's not he down travel that is hard to engineer in with longer arms - it's the uptravel. The frame can easily get in the way unless the wheel well upsweep is extended toward the middle of the channel which leaves you with a short center "straight" section. That results in less interior space with body-on-frame vehicles. No, you don't really want to outboard everything as that tends to lead to frame cracking.

Long Links.png

There will be companies who will supply the retrofit setups.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
Leveling kit is NOT what we need. A solid 2.5" front and rear. No reason to take the rake out, it will come down when overlanding in its right environment. We need to fit larger tires. If they can do 2.5" front, that can do a rear set for that.

Local time
Reaction score
Leveling kit is NOT what we need. A solid 2.5" front and rear. No reason to take the rake out, it will come down when overlanding in its right environment. We need to fit larger tires. If they can do 2.5" front, that can do a rear set for that.
Yeah, the rear should be easier to engineer than the front (unless I'm missing something).

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
I disagree. I am not a fan of the stink-bug stance. I like level.
With my Land Cruiser, I raised the front and put helper air bags in the rear. Best of both worlds.

Airbag man has a kit listed for INEOS.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
My biggest fear with lifting the INEOS is not the lift, some smart company will sort that out. Instead I wonder about strain on the driveline, gearing, etc. which are still unknowns. Add this to the likely negative impact on fuel mileage and range which are important considerations for longer trips. Assuming of course you fit larger tires 😆

Hoping to get some real world input from folks that have gone down this path.

Last edited:

JMP

Production/Transit
Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
Good morning,
A Frenchman presents his extension <<< here >>>:

Good evening everyone,
Some photos of the preparation of my Grenadier.
Change of springs/shock absorbers/rims/tyres.
The behavior of the Grenadier is impeccable now, much better than originally (behavior too soft and bobbing and two original shock absorbers which were already leaking when I returned from Morocco, it is raised +8/10 with MUD tires).
Advice and preparation FUTURA 4X4 in Saint Rémy de Provence, whom I thank for their advice and for the preparation + coffee and croissants in the morning every day when I arrive at the garage

He probably got his measurements wrong, it can't be 8 or 10 cm: the springs are +3; its tires are theoretically + 1.4 cm.
- Eibach + 3 springs
- Proflex shock absorbers (the story does not say how much they were extended)
- Braid rims (maybe Win Race? Offset unknown)
- Geolandar M/T 285/70R17 tires

For information, this person made this transformation after returning from Morocco where he said he had significantly worn out the original shock absorbers, to the point where the shock absorbers were leaking. If you're interested, his trip is shown in (beautiful) images on YouTube.

Attachments

• JD 06.jpg
    JD 06.jpg
    974.1 KB · Views: 107
  • JD 07.jpg
    JD 07.jpg
    799.1 KB · Views: 104
  • JD 08.jpg
    JD 08.jpg
    898.2 KB · Views: 103
  • JD 09.jpg
    JD 09.jpg
    840.7 KB · Views: 100
  • JD 10.jpg
    JD 10.jpg
    909.2 KB · Views: 100
  • JD 04.jpg
    JD 04.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
  • JD 03.jpg
    JD 03.jpg
    862.5 KB · Views: 98
  • JD 02.jpg
    JD 02.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 107
  • JD 01.jpg
    JD 01.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 106
  • JD 05.jpg
    JD 05.jpg
    908.5 KB · Views: 107
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
Good morning,

He probably got his measurements wrong, it can't be 8 or 10 cm: the springs are +3; its tires are theoretically + 1.4 cm.
- Eibach + 3 springs

For information, this person made this transformation after returning from Morocco where he said he had significantly worn out the original shock absorbers, to the point where the shock absorbers were leaking. If you're interested, his trip is shown in (beautiful) images on YouTube.
Wow that is the best video, even though I only speak English it was incredibly interesting, and a great way to spend 42 minutes.
I can see why the Grenadier needed new shock absorbers after watching that.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good morning,

- Eibach + 3 springs

That was the best and most beautiful video of over landing in a Grenadier I have seen to date. Beautifully filmed, great music and skillful driving. Even though I did not know one word they were narrating, it was crystal clear what it was all about. It's an aspirational video's like this that is the reason I purchased a Grenadier and this video gives me the confidence to know the Grenadier is extremely capable and built for purpose. Here's the link again. Click and enjoy. DaBull
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu9ZmN7HwDQ

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Due to me getting all excited and ordering pro lift kit and then deciding I want the QM, I will be selling my lift. I will be listing it in the classifieds. The price is 550 plus shipping. Just DM me if interested.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can see a lift becoming the essential extra. Would be sending you a PM but living in UK, it looks like I will be paying full price from BUZZ.

Back
Top Bottom