The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Dual Battery vs Premium Sound - What to Spec to most easily end up with both

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
This is my current dilemma from clicking the place order button. Premium sound system or no.. We won't be off road a lot, but I also do prefer having the extra power already wired in. My current Tacoma is a base model and I've gotten used to the lack luster sound. Even my 93 110 is a paltry 2 speaker setup with no sub and I've become accustomed to it.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
Once i get my Grenadier and sample the standard sound system I will make a final decision to upgrade it or not. I have a contact at Hertz, who provides the speakers who is reaching out to Hertz in Italy who manufactures the sound system for Ineos to get additional information for the purposes of upgrading after purchasing the Grenadier. Based on an initial deep dive on the audio system, it appears that adding an additional amp and upgrading door speakers and adding a sub-woofer to the boot in a secured enclosure will not be a problem or effect the built-in software. Hoping that is the case and will report back any new information as it becomes available and if I have an audio upgrade. DaBull
Keen to hear more on that. One of my first shopping items is to look to upgrade the sound system. Replacing the standards with something like Focal, and perhaps adding a centre speaker and a couple of tweeters to the dash is high on the look into list.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Keen to hear more on that. One of my first shopping items is to look to upgrade the sound system. Replacing the standards with something like Focal, and perhaps adding a centre speaker and a couple of tweeters to the dash is high on the look into list.
I think a little bit of sick just came up into the back of my throat.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:41 AM
Reaction score
The last time I tried to get an audio upgrade was circa 2005 in a RX-8. That car had a double din opening, but everything was so integrated into the dash that it ended up being a huge pain in the ass and never really worked 100% right. I have no desire to dig into the dash to get to the rear of the infotainment unit to upgrade the amp. Also, it is not entirely clear right now if the stock system can even be upgraded without it throwing a fit. I figure i can relocate the subwoofer myself easily enough, and have my electrical engineer wife spec out and install a second battery, inverter and related systems.

TL;DR

I’ll be getting the premium sound because I know I’ll be using it everyday. In fact I’ll be using it on the drive home.
Have you seen all the electronic glitches posted? No way I’m going to hack the sound system.
I wouldn’t hack ANY electrical system if I can avoid it! (Do not add failure points).

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
7:41 AM
Reaction score
Must have solid tunes at all times … I can assure you what’s coming in the doors will be garbage. Adding Focal speakers is 👌🏼 what would this set up be without quality music??

Attachments

• IMG_3964.jpeg
    IMG_3964.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 33

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well maybe if you listened to some decent music you’d appreciate decent sound quality @DaveB Abba day after day after day would make anyone a little sick in the throat. 😜🤪😜🤪

And unless the production models have had a serious upgrade from the prototypes , the sound quality is akin to something found in a 1990’s holden commodore.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
If there is a parasitic draw on the main battery side, simply having the aux battery will not protect it from discharge. When the vehicle isn't running (charging), the two batteries are isolated from each other (as with essentially any true aux. battery system)
That's not true with the CTEK Smartpass provided with the auxiliary battery. The auxiliary battery will pulse charge the main battery via the Smartpass.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well maybe if you listened to some decent music you’d appreciate decent sound quality @DaveB Abba day after day after day would make anyone a little sick in the throat. 😜🤪😜🤪

And unless the production models have had a serious upgrade from the prototypes , the sound quality is akin to something found in a 1990’s holden commodore.
I am more Pavlovs Dog pampered menial or Beast in Black Blind & Frozen or Led Zeppelin
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AK2iOeAoWE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3KSpeiRPTc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N4tXf3Ensw
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD-MdiUm1_Y

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
What exactly is the reason Ineos doesn't offer BOTH? A dual battery setup AND a premium audio system? My guess is that Ineos decided to locate the upgraded amp where the aux. battery is located. But how hard would it be to find another place for the amp and have an additional battery as well? Just seems strange in a vehicle with so much space.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
What exactly is the reason Ineos doesn't offer BOTH? A dual battery setup AND a premium audio system? My guess is that Ineos decided to locate the upgraded amp where the aux. battery is located. But how hard would it be to find another place for the amp and have an additional battery as well? Just seems strange in a vehicle with so much space.
The sub actually goes in that battery spot, but your point is valid nonetheless. But perhaps using a pre-existing location was quick and easy to prep for the NA orders.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The sub actually goes in that battery spot, but your point is valid nonetheless. But perhaps using a pre-existing location was quick and easy to prep for the NA orders.
Also guarantees that its protected from water.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I think @Krabby and @Norb-TX are both right in their answers... There really aren't any other places to put a sub without some serious interior redesign... and a battery, well, that's the spot for the battery.

The MY23 (rest of the world) didn't have the subwoofer option, so I agree that a huge open spot under the rear seat is perfect to fill with the subwoofer.

Upon doing some quick internet math, the JBL BassPro Nano is about 5mm too wide to fit in the cubby under the front seat(s), but that seems workable; I think that might be my route (one under each front seat)

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:41 AM
Reaction score
Tossing it out there but what about a subwoofer in the back large door if you decided not to get the camp table. There are several manufactures that make them for the Jeep and now the Bronco

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tossing it out there but what about a subwoofer in the back large door if you decided not to get the camp table. There are several manufactures that make them for the Jeep and now the Bronco
Could fit nicely in that storage cavity in the door.

Local time
7:41 AM
Reaction score
Guys I just have to throw in my 2 cents... I would 100% recommend an extra battery (to help with parasitic draw) and foregoing the premium sound. Find a car stereo person and ask him to build a box for the subwoofer and add Focal speakers to the doors.
looks like focal sells a mini sub woofer that could replace one of the door speakers if you want more bass, probably no need to replace the amp. As for me, not looking to rattle the windows in my neighborhood.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
It would be great to end up with both a Dual Battery and Premium Sound. Since they occupy the same space, it would seem like the best thing to do is to spec the dual battery and then hopefully you can easily upgrade to a premium amp and locate a sub-woofer elsewhere in the boot or a custom enclosure in the boot. Then again, if you spec the Premium Sound now, would the wiring for the second battery be under the seat so you could then move the sub-woofer and just put in a second battery. If anyone knows yet, let me know that best path to consider to end up with both and which to spec first.
DaBull
I'm planning to add a removable air compressor and hose in the open space under the seat. Maybe a subwoofer that can be removed if heading on a long trip

Back
Top Bottom