The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Drive shafts maintenance

Local time
7:07 PM
Reaction score
In the first video Q&A they said it could be flat towed. I specifically asked the question. There are plenty of automatic vehicles that can be flat towed 4 wheels on the ground. I have to say I am disappointed if it requires more than sticking it in neutral.
I also asked that question and was happy they addressed it in the video. Disappointed to find this out also. I suspected this could be the case when I saw more photos of the transfer case shifter with no neutral. Can't flat tow behind a motorhome or other vehicle easily, that takes it off the list for those folks.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:07 AM
Reaction score
I also asked that question and was happy they addressed it in the video. Disappointed to find this out also. I suspected this could be the case when I saw more photos of the transfer case shifter with no neutral. Can't flat tow behind a motorhome or other vehicle easily, that takes it off the list for those folks.
Not many motor homes will happily tow a 3 ton car… Smart car maybe..

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score
When driving in the USA I got the feeling that the motor homes there could happily pull an Abram…
This might be connected to the fact that the motor homes in question are probably bigger than the average flat in Germany is.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:07 PM
Reaction score
Some large motor homes in the US will happily tow 25k plus people happily overload small ones here in the good ole USofA

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dana Spicer .... about as good as you can get IMO, plenty of spares available too.
Well done Inios
Yet they decided against Dana axle assemblies. Just seems interesting.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yet they decided against Dana axle assemblies. Just seems interesting.
@AWo mentioned in another thread that Dana decided against Ineos. Or do I remember wrong?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's how I remembered it; but if the company is the same, or part of the group, it does make that "fact" a little bit more puzzling.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@AWo mentioned in another thread that Dana decided against Ineos. Or do I remember wrong?
I don't recall seeing that but certainly do not doubt you. I would think that Dana 60s would have been beefy enough and easily modified to fit the Grenadier's setup, but I'm sure those decisions are far more complex than just that.

Local time
7:07 PM
Reaction score
Here in the US we have some that will with no issues. A Prevost Bus or Super C (Class 8 truck/semi) motorhome can tow it with no issues at all. I have towed a full size pickup truck at that same weight of a Grenadier with a Prevost Bus and it has little effect to no effect on the bus as it has a 20,000lb tow capacity. Some of the super C's have an even higher tow capacity. Many other motorhomes in North America are rated to tow 5,000 pounds and up.

Local time
Reaction score
I can just imagine that as you drive through Reading Town centre and then via Milton Keynes (roundabout city) across country to the Fens .... what fun you would have :ROFLMAO:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom