The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Drawer System with Pull Out Table/Tailgate

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
I have a fold down table that works well for my needs. Fridge to the left on slide and a storage box on the right.
View attachment 7850203
View attachment 7850204
With that table folded up, the bottom of it could be a place to mount your ARB twin air compressor, hoses etc. Plug straight into the nato socket.
Dependant on how far it is set back of course.

Last edited:

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
With that table folded up, the bottom of it could be a place to mount your ARB twin air compressor, hoses etc. Plug straight into the nato socket.
Dependant on how far it is set back of course.
Good idea but not enough room between the closed table and the door unfortunately :-(

Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
@ShootingCar Thanks for bringing my attention to Truck Vault. Looks very stout. Their Utility Drawer is 8 1/8th” high. Perfect. Partitions for two firearms. Perfect. It’s 48X38. Too big. 41.8X31.4 is the measurement between wheel arches. The Ineos is not in their system. Yet? I’ll call them next week and inquire.
View attachment 7850201
RobS, I called Truck Vault already and talked with Trish there. They don’t have access to a Grenadier to measure one up and get it into their line up. She said they could take a generic one and make it work. She also said that the thicker 4.5” table is the only one that is load bearing for say 250lbs. if you wanted to stand on it.
I have been pleased with the three of their drawers that I have had.

Eyedogtor

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:49 AM
Reaction score
OK, I just had an epiphany....well, that might be overstated...but for dog owners, what if you did the diabolical system that is the perfect height to align with the back seats when folded down, and just leaves 4 gaps at the corners....and created a padded blanket wit velcro or sewn on heavy foam blocks cut to fit the coorners. When you fit the padded blanket (could be canvas/heavy material), you would push in the foam blocks to not only fill the gaps so the dogs don't get a l;eg caught, but also secure the blanket in place?

And, if you need to access the storage space for the outlet or jack, you can simply pop out the foam block?

Seems like an interesting option. And perhaps Canvasback or a similar company would create a custom cover.

Pat

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Diabolical slide floor plus the top will run you $2,050. Although not ideal, the slide floor ($1200) could work for me. The top wouldn’t. It is built with a raised edge on the left and right. Great for lashing things down. Not so good for dogs. Maybe I’ll just make my own top plate? I have until October to figure it out. I’m going to take my time on this one and see if anyone comes up with something that better fits my needs.

Local time
Reaction score
My truck is not coming in until the end of the year. So I have time to figure it out and learn from all of you in the meantime. I like my crates on top of the truck vault for dog containment and safety and organization. So I will continue with that plan and just have to fit it all into a new Grenadier. I thought about trying to cut down my existing vault to fit into the new truck but have a feeling it will be a mess and would rather start with a new system.

I also learned of another fabricator that may be a resource for us. They are:

Eyedogtor

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My truck is not coming in until the end of the year. So I have time to figure it out and learn from all of you in the meantime. I like my crates on top of the truck vault for dog containment and safety and organization. So I will continue with that plan and just have to fit it all into a new Grenadier. I thought about trying to cut down my existing vault to fit into the new truck but have a feeling it will be a mess and would rather start with a new system.

I also learned of another fabricator that may be a resource for us. They are:

This is it! They cover the lost space on the sides, and look at the 30 second mark, you could have this be the integrated ramp for the dogs! This looks ideal!

Attachments

• EixLzMgkQLuyBxv5EOLw_gallery-1.mp4
    6.5 MB

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Diabolical slide floor plus the top will run you $2,050. Although not ideal, the slide floor ($1200) could work for me. The top wouldn’t. It is built with a raised edge on the left and right. Great for lashing things down. Not so good for dogs. Maybe I’ll just make my own top plate? I have until October to figure it out. I’m going to take my time on this one and see if anyone comes up with something that better fits my needs.
Hi RobS, You do not need to install the raised edge on The Diabolical top. When I get my Diabolical slide floor and top, I am simply going to install the raised edges to be flush with the top by having them extend to the sides and not towards the roof. That way I will have additional support for extending plywood full width across the top of the Diabolical top. I will then cut out the side areas of the plywood and hinge them to allow access to the extra storage areas below them. It is a super flexible system to customize off of. Something to consider. DaBull

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
@Eyedogtor Similar hobbies = similar needs. I spend most of the fall pursuing upland birds. The drawer systems that are being built are amazing for people who use them in that manner (over landing). I’m still holding out for someone to make a wingshooters drawer system before I use my 8th grade woodshop skills in making my own.
I’m pretty sure the rear layout is not deep enough nor wide enough for long guns.
You’ll have to disassemble at every stop or lay flat across folded rear seats
I don’t like drawers for long guns because of that.
Different in a pickup
I use twin sleeves between the kennels in a truck

Local time
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the rear layout is not deep enough nor wide enough for long guns.
You’ll have to disassemble at every stop or lay flat across folded rear seats
I don’t like drawers for long guns because of that.
Different in a pickup
I use twin sleeves between the kennels in a truck
Lord Ripon, great noble name from one of the greatest wingshooters of all time. Like him, I shoot English Doubles and preferably 16 bore side locks and box locks. I have been putting my doubles assembled in diagonally for many years in my drawers with the longer barrels. But agree that with the smaller dimensions of the Grenadier I may have to carry them cased in their trunk cases. Oh what problems to have.

Although perhaps they could make a drawer system with an extension for when the rear seats are down.

Last edited:

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Lord Ripon, great noble name from one of the greatest wingshooters of all time. Like him, I shoot English Doubles and preferably 16 bore side locks and box locks. I have been putting my doubles assembled in diagonally for many years in my drawers with the longer barrels. But agree that with the smaller dimensions of the Grenadier I may have to carry them cased in their trunk cases. Oh what problems to have.

Although perhaps they could make a drawer system with an extension for when the rear seats are down.
When the seats are down the bulkhead is 8” high
Near as I can tell, the only way to carry guns assembled is lay them on the backseat (door to door) or fold the seats forward and place them in sleeves between the kennels.
This might be a case where one of the vendors could produce a Molle’ panel for inside of the rear window where a sleeve could be mounted on either side.
Hunting in the desert, it’s just a lot going on every time you make a stop. So, dogs, dogboots, gpscollars, water, guns, it’s unwieldy and wastes a lot of time. It’s nice to not have to add the assembly and disassemble of your fire arms to the pile. Every time you stop.
Or proceed to the next drive.
It’s one of the reasons the LR’s are so utilitarian.
I like the tray under the dash for dog electronics and water bottles. Only’s handy, keeps the cords and connectors tidy, and it’s easy to build a procedure to make sure you always have charged up collars and controllers.
My minder takes care of most of the firearms stuff in the UK. I just get in the RR.

Last edited:

Yards10

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just could not justify spending $3k for drawers. So $400 later and all done. Fits perfectly, no rattles. Also fitted led light to side of Ineos

Attachments

• EC232709-FA6D-42F0-8E81-8A72749E9ADC.jpeg
    EC232709-FA6D-42F0-8E81-8A72749E9ADC.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
  • F18721EA-E425-454C-95F8-F0CA3A31E5BD.jpeg
    F18721EA-E425-454C-95F8-F0CA3A31E5BD.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
  • DB433971-BF46-4285-AC84-17F2A230298D.jpeg
    DB433971-BF46-4285-AC84-17F2A230298D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 72

Yards10

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks awesome, how is it set up?
Accessory panel on the left side is using power from the rear 12 volt outlet as it was in the way of the wings. Decided to take jack out from behind the panel and will store in the drawers.
Also bought the table that clips onto right side drawer for cooking etc.

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, more so than a tailgate/table like I got used to with my Tundra, I think I'm going to miss the rain-shielding abilities of the traditional hatch that my 4Runner had... Perhaps a small awning for over the rear doors, I know I would rarely use a traditional side (had it on the 4Runner, used it maybe 3-4 times in 2 years) or 270 awning (had it on our Tundra, used it the first weekend, and the next time it was opened was 14 months later to take photos to sell the truck)
What @anand described is what I am searching for right now; A quickly deployable awning that offers shade and rain protection while working at the rear of the vehicle, be it loading or cooking. Over the years I've had a couple different setups that all required too much time to deploy/stow. I am considering a 5ft Kammok Cross-Wing awning mounted to the side of my roof rack, but (relatively) quickly re-positionable to the rear or other side. This unit looks to be decent quality and deploys in seconds with no legs. It's probably too wide to leave on the rear of the roof rack while traveling. I wish I could find something shorter that could live back there without sticking out to the sides at all.

Back
Top Bottom