The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Drawer System with Pull Out Table/Tailgate

Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
With going from my Land Cruiser with its super handy tailgate and work table surface
to a Grenadier without one: I am wondering if any of the new Grenadier drawer companies are planning to make a slide out tailgate/table.
I have had three Truck Vaults for my previous trucks and love them for my purposes for upland bird hunting and gun and gear storage. They have been making a slide out table for years but I have not needed it with my tailgates. Any thoughts on making this?
Thanks
Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_4217.jpeg
    IMG_4217.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3222.jpeg
    IMG_3222.jpeg
    615.2 KB · Views: 124

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
That' slide out table is a smart design - I think most folks have been focused on drawers that creat a flat surface with the rear seats folded down, which limits overall drawer capacity.

It would be nice to have a single drawer which could handle one or two shotguns lengthwise & have dividers for other gear as well. The height also begins to complicate the ability of dogs to jump in the back - especially as they age.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
I like a large single drawer system like the photo above and the slide out work table surface would be a great feature to have out in the field. Now if they just start making them....

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hmmmm ideas.... Originally I was going to build a split drawer set up to be flat with the rear seats (not that I plan on sleeping inside, but just out of convenience when carrying longer items), but a table could be nice. In the past I just used the flat surface on top of the drawers as a table (in our 4Runner). Obviously this comes with a height increase, which would almost negate the drawers if you want it level with the seats.

A single drawer is also a consideration of mine; or drawers that have a slide-back "lid" on them, so when you pull them out you have a table surface and your gear is under that.

TWExplor

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you all find the fold down table on the rear door not large enough to be practical? I would imagine any drawer system that opens out the right side of the rear area would interfere with the fold down table and vice versa. Likewise with a lower pull out table and drawers that open out on top of a sliding table…..? Of course this is all in theory since I have not built any of the different options YET!

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
I would say the rear door is practical for small items like drinks or pots but, for long items it is useable but not the most practical. Fishing rods would be best laid out on the tailgate of a Land Cruiser or slide out table as the OP mentioned. I have to say that the fold down tailgate will be missed by me.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I will be missing my tailgate as well. My current truck vault is actually Tee shaped so I can fit long guns cross ways at near end. I don’t think we are going to get as big of single drawers as I have on my current set up.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, more so than a tailgate/table like I got used to with my Tundra, I think I'm going to miss the rain-shielding abilities of the traditional hatch that my 4Runner had... Perhaps a small awning for over the rear doors, I know I would rarely use a traditional side (had it on the 4Runner, used it maybe 3-4 times in 2 years) or 270 awning (had it on our Tundra, used it the first weekend, and the next time it was opened was 14 months later to take photos to sell the truck)

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I built my own drawer system for the Disco 2 I sold to make room for the Grenadier. It was perfect for my needs.

I’ve been day dreaming of building a single drawer with a partition going from corner to corner to fit two assembled shotguns for the IG. I like the height of the diabolical drawer and the top plate of the goose gear product. I hunt with dogs and having a flat platform from side to side (with no gaps) of the cargo space would be ideal for me. I also would love what @anand said, “or drawers that have a slide-back "lid" on them, so when you pull them out you have a table surface and your gear is under that”. This would be of more use to me than a fold down door table. The only downside to having the table as a lid is that the IG sits pretty high. Maybe having it under would be more practical? The icing on the cake will be a keyed lock on the drawer.

I’ve never owned an awning. I just hang a tarp if I need it. However, if I found something that came off the back of the rack and over the doors I’d buy it.

Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I agree that a short awning across the back top edge would be great to get the sheltering of the back with the doors open like my friends Series 70 has and room on top of the drawers for my dog crates as well as a slide out table below the drawer to be a tailgate table. That’s what I am going to go for.

Attachments

• IMG_2868.jpeg
    IMG_2868.jpeg
    497.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2417.jpeg
    IMG_2417.jpeg
    493.4 KB · Views: 72

Eyedogtor

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey @RobS you just described exactly what I'm looking for - a drawer system that is about 8 inches high with a nice composite top that will be a new floor that is even with the folded seats, and has no side gaps for dog legs to get trapped. I'd also love to have dedicated space for a folding dog ramp if I'm making my wish list!

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Eyedogtor Similar hobbies = similar needs. I spend most of the fall pursuing upland birds. The drawer systems that are being built are amazing for people who use them in that manner (over landing). I’m still holding out for someone to make a wingshooters drawer system before I use my 8th grade woodshop skills in making my own.

Local time
Reaction score
Truck vault has been making them for years and I have had three of them for different trucks. Several of my fellow upland hunters have had them as well.

Another thing that I have enjoyed from my truck vaults is their combination locks. They are so handy and never have to worry about losing a key with them.
So they may still be who I go with for my future Grenadier.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey @RobS you just described exactly what I'm looking for - a drawer system that is about 8 inches high with a nice composite top that will be a new floor that is even with the folded seats, and has no side gaps for dog legs to get trapped. I'd also love to have dedicated space for a folding dog ramp if I'm making my wish list!
I wonder if one could be built where the dog ramp would slide out like the ramps on U-Haul/moving trucks.

1711625032976.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if one could be built where the dog ramp would slide out like the ramps on U-Haul/moving trucks.

View attachment 7850129
Now you're talking. When I had a "Houdini" dog I needed to have the ramp in place on the bumper before I opened the back of the truck. Instead I got Owens Dog Boxes with slam latches. Since then I haven't had a dog so large and rambunctious.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@ShootingCar Thanks for bringing my attention to Truck Vault. Looks very stout. Their Utility Drawer is 8 1/8th” high. Perfect. Partitions for two firearms. Perfect. It’s 48X38. Too big. 41.8X31.4 is the measurement between wheel arches. The Ineos is not in their system. Yet? I’ll call them next week and inquire.
IMG_7860.jpg

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
The XSPEC drawers, from Expedition HQ (Australia), has a pull out draw on one half. There is a cutlery drawer below the Table Top.

Ineos-Grenadier-Drawer-system-SLRV-XSPEC-20-scaled.jpg

You can also get a Draw Top Table from Off Road Systems (Australia) - or make your own. You open the drawer and place the Table Top over the open drawer. I used one for years. Simple and easy to use.

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@ShootingCar Thanks for bringing my attention to Truck Vault. Looks very stout. Their Utility Drawer is 8 1/8th” high. Perfect. Partitions for two firearms. Perfect. It’s 48X38. Too big. 41.8X31.4 is the measurement between wheel arches. The Ineos is not in their system. Yet? I’ll call them next week and inquire.
View attachment 7850201
Hi RobS, Have you considered the single drawer system from Alan with Diabolical Inc. I know it has a partition in the middle instead of at an angle. Perhaps he would make a custom one for you. Here's a link to his website that shows the Grenadier Single Drawer System. It's all made out of aircraft Aluminum. I have ordered one and am awaiting delivery. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom