The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Door Sill Protection

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:52 PM
Reaction score
Hopefully the Gorilla tape grit doesn’t scratch you or your paint up as it comes off. It’s basically skateboard tape, right?
If its applied correctly and covers all of the sill to the plastic it shouldn't

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
Hopefully the Gorilla tape grit doesn’t scratch you or your paint up as it comes off. It’s basically skateboard tape, right?
Just looking to wrap a short distance on the rock slider to provide toe grip for a "step up".

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Basically, but is designed to get wet/be outdoors. I only plan to use it for the ladder at the moment. So if anything goes awry it's just the ladder.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
One roll enough? I see its on-sale at Amazon right now.
I needed 2 rolls to cover the 4 sills plus a little more surface area for better protection. There was a little left over from the first roll and more from the second. I didn't want to "splice" the first roll leftover with the 2nd roll.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s necessary in the Gren but the rear double door area is another spot that gets jacked up on most vehicles over time. If I had mine, I’d be more helpful 😂😂

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:52 PM
Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s necessary in the Gren but the rear double door area is another spot that gets jacked up on most vehicles over time. If I had mine, I’d be more helpful 😂😂
It's fully protected, almost no visible paint on the sill.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went with the Xpel Black Universal Door Sill Guard (60"x2.75") recommended earlier in this thread (Thanks @grnamin!). Pretty easy to work with. I used a dime to curve the corners and it was a pretty good match for the curve in the plastic door sill protection. One 60" roll gave me enough tape to do everything shown below. I even had around four inches left. If anyone wants installation tips, let me know. I did not feel the need to go wider on the rear seat doors, because (1) I plan to remove the rear bench seat, and this area will only be used as a step to reach things on the roof, and (2) I did not like the aesthetics of going wider.

Here are pics of the driver side installs:

20240317_160857.jpg
20240317_173006.jpg

Passenger side:

20240317_164335.jpg
20240317_171710-turned.jpg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
I went with the Xpel Black Universal Door Sill Guard (60"x2.75") recommended earlier in this thread (Thanks @grnamin!). Pretty easy to work with. I used a dime to curve the corners and it was a pretty good match for the curve in the plastic door sill protection. One 60" roll gave me enough tape to do everything shown below. I even had around four inches left. If anyone wants installation tips, let me know. I did not feel the need to go wider on the rear seat doors, because (1) I plan to remove the rear bench seat, and this area will only be used as a step to reach things on the roof, and (2) I did not like the aesthetics of going wider.

View attachment 7848744
View attachment 7848745

Passenger side:

View attachment 7848746
View attachment 7848748
Hi Loc Nar, Very nice install!
DaBull

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7848744
View attachment 7848745

Passenger side:

View attachment 7848746
View attachment 7848748
Hi Loc Nar, good work (y)

robertmeng

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7848744
View attachment 7848745

Passenger side:

View attachment 7848746
View attachment 7848748
Thanks for posting your work. I ordered the same materials as you and will mimic what you did once I get back home to my Gren. Was there any interference with the door rubber seals? Did it cause gaps or possibly abrading it because of the tape texture? TIA.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your work. I ordered the same materials as you and will mimic what you did once I get back home to my Gren. Was there any interference with the door rubber seals? Did it cause gaps or possibly abrading it because of the tape texture? TIA.
My pleasure, and no interference at all. All doors open and close smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom