The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Door Sill Protection

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
All 4 have been moved further down than originally mounted, so they are actually more useful now, but do not interfere with any rubber seals.
Love the PPF solution. It does appear the plastic tread plates may have been installed backwards. i.e. upon entry, the "Λ" became a "V"

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
My tint shop also offers XPEL PPF.

I had them do custom length PPF on all 4 door sills to prevent boot scuffing and other paint issues, while my truck was in for tint. They ran the strips as far forward and rear stopping at the more contoured areas where the likelihood of it pulling up was too high.
View attachment 7838976

The installer pulled them off all together, then reapplied them over the PPF sheet. He mentioned he wasn't that impressed with the adhesive from the factory. All 4 have been moved further down than originally mounted, so they are actually more useful now, but do not interfere with any rubber seals.
I just did something similar to the sills. I got a roll of 2 inch film off Amazon. I ran out before I could cover the whole area I want done so now I need to either order another roll or bring it to the pros to do it right.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at the different products people are using for sill protection, and I think I am going to use Frost King Weatherseal tape. It’s inexpensive, easy to install, easy to remove, doesn’t discolor or yellow, and I’ve used it for years for all sorts of projects. US$5-6/100ft !!!

IMG_5810.jpeg

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at the different products people are using for sill protection, and I think I am going to use Frost King Weatherseal tape. It’s inexpensive, easy to install, easy to remove, doesn’t discolor or yellow, and I’ve used it for years for all sorts of projects. US$5-6/100ft !!!

View attachment 7839025
I use that seasonally for air leaks around windows. Great stuff but likely won’t hold. Not sticky enough

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I use that seasonally for air leaks around windows. Great stuff but likely won’t hold. Not sticky enough
I use it as rub protection on mountain bikes. Only place it doesn’t stick is compound curves. It does stretch, so should be fine for door sills.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I rarely look at ebay any more, but after I saw someone post the tail light protectors I popped over and saw THESE. Might not be a bad swap.

edit - not the brushed ones in that link (they look crappy) - these STAINLESS ones which can then be painted or raptor lined black.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
That area is begging for an aftermarket solution. It will be interesting to see what comes of it.
eBay appears to have stainless steel plates and a load of other products. It appears that a Grenadier has landed in China and the 3d scanner has been busy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-10-19-39-00-65_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-10-19-39-00-65_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg
    749.3 KB · Views: 62

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
XPEL Black Universal Door Sill Guard (60" x 2.75") Paint Protection Film Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003EP52I8/?tag=globalgrena0b-20
I used a quarter and a box cutter to radius the corners.
Thank you for those tips!
Do you think this material would provide good grip to wrap around rock slider to provide some toe grip to aid getting into the vehicle? If not - any suggestions for a wrap material for grip?
Thanks!

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
Thank you for those tips!
Do you think this material would provide good grip to wrap around rock slider to provide some toe grip to aid getting into the vehicle? If not - any suggestions for a wrap material for grip?
Thanks!
No worries. I think skateboard tape, as mentioned by a member here, would be a better fit for rock sliders.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully the Gorilla tape grit doesn’t scratch you or your paint up as it comes off. It’s basically skateboard tape, right?

Back
Top Bottom