The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Disappointing Day

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
Hi mate. I have driven many 4x4’s, Dual Cabin Utilities on the road with many off-road suspension setups. The previous two cars I owned were performance cars that were low to the ground. I then went back to driving a V6 Amarok with ATR tyres when I almost immediately felt what you described, for the first time ever. I also thought the same thing - oh no what have I done, there is no way I can live with this car. However, I increased the tyre pressures up to 40psi (recommended was 32psi) and this helped considerably, and I don’t really notice it anymore. So I think the tyre pressure and me getting conditioned to the car played a part in a 99% improvement to the motion sickness. I am one of these guys who needs travel sickness tablets if I go on a boat outside of a bay. So I would be asking the dealer if you can re drive the car again with the pressures increased.
Top idea!

A more expensive solution could be fitting adjustable dampers and setting them for a firmer ride on road.

Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
I didnt catch what tires he was driving, but sometimes new, knobby tires will have a tendency to give a "swaying" feeling as the nubs of the tires compress...
IDK

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At my off-road drive event in April we were told that U.S. Dealers *should* have road legal vehicles available to test drive at some point over the summer, but that would not be in place prior to June 30 (even though the original plan/goal was to be able to test drive them on road by then). All part of the certification process, etc. apparently. Anyway, I think it's an even trade by not requiring us to put down more than our initial reservation deposit to place a pre-order. Interested buyers just need to be proactive about getting some on road miles in.
Road legal cars were meant to be in Oz in October 22 - now it’s meant to be July 23.

Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
At my off-road drive event in April we were told that U.S. Dealers *should* have road legal vehicles available to test drive at some point over the summer, but that would not be in place prior to June 30 (even though the original plan/goal was to be able to test drive them on road by then). All part of the certification process, etc. apparently. Anyway, I think it's an even trade by not requiring us to put down more than our initial reservation deposit to place a pre-order. Interested buyers just need to be proactive about getting some on road miles in.

I'm running a ledger of pros and cons. sadly the cons seems to outweigh the pros. only pro that's untouchable is that there isn't anything like it in the market. it's either the IG or nothing. with that you simply have to deal with problems and other things that you don't want to but will.

maybe Toyota will unveil the new LC before I'm faced with emptying my wallet for the grenadier. the new gx is already close.

it's a leap of faith without test driving it.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
I'm running a ledger of pros and cons. sadly the cons seems to outweigh the pros. only pro that's untouchable is that there isn't anything like it in the market. it's either the IG or nothing. with that you simply have to deal with problems and other things that you don't want to but will.

maybe Toyota will unveil the new LC before I'm faced with emptying my wallet for the grenadier. the new gx is already close.

it's a leap of faith without test driving it.
We all are and absolutely no one should purchase a $72K+ vehicle without test driving it. Anyone thinking otherwise is just in this for shits and giggles.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
Hi mate. I have driven many 4x4’s, Dual Cabin Utilities on the road with many off-road suspension setups. The previous two cars I owned were performance cars that were low to the ground. I then went back to driving a V6 Amarok with ATR tyres when I almost immediately felt what you described, for the first time ever. I also thought the same thing - oh no what have I done, there is no way I can live with this car. However, I increased the tyre pressures up to 40psi (recommended was 32psi) and this helped considerably, and I don’t really notice it anymore. So I think the tyre pressure and me getting conditioned to the car played a part in a 99% improvement to the motion sickness. I am one of these guys who needs travel sickness tablets if I go on a boat outside of a bay. So I would be asking the dealer if you can re drive the car again with the pressures increased.
The first time I drove a friends MIT Pajero 'Sport' (2019 model) the "new softer version" was like a roller coaster and similarly motion sickness for my passenger was apparent. However, my Ranger of the same year had only half as much sway and none ever complained of motion sickness in that vehicle. It all comes down to personal preference and we do need more perspectives on this vehicle both testing and long-term use.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some good ginger nut biscuits help with motion sickness.

Not the mcvities cheapos, the proper ones with big ginger chunks.

Probably can fit a few in the mini glove box. Bad luck FlyingTrotter and hope there's a real remedy (like the increased psi etc).

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Test Fieldmaster was on 18 inch alloys with the BFG nobly tyres - I am coming from a 116k mile 12 year old L322 Range Rover which was on General Grabbers for many of the miles - obviously a different proposition

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
Steering is okay; is actually fun and has character.
Suspension I found very good and the ride is stable.
Can’t it be due to the cabin noise and lack of insulation … Flying Trotter mentioned the tires. Am really trying to understand it.
Do you find a longer ride with highway speed relaxing?
The noise level in my cabin is the last thing I am concerned about. Even at 100 mph it has been possible to talk without anything near to shouting. Maybe there was something wrong with your test car?

Reactions: Max

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We all are and absolutely no one should purchase a $72K+ vehicle without test driving it. Anyone thinking otherwise is just in this for shits and giggles.
Agree
we need to lose the theory that this is the greatest vehicle on earth and anyone who doesn't agree is wrong.
It is a particular vehicle for a particular set of applications and a particular customer type.
If it doesn't suit your needs, it doesn't mean you are wrong, it means you have different needs or wants to me.
That's why there are so many different people in the world, so everyone has the chance at a partner.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Like me and most UK/European and Australian old price buyers you mean 😀.
You might be right…

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would be an interesting poll:

1. Did you test drive the IG before placing the order?
2. Are you just in this for the shits and giggles?

No and No here!

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would be an interesting poll:

1. Did you test drive the IG before placing the order?
2. Are you just in this for the shits and giggles?

No and No here!
Note I said "purchase" not placing an order/pre-order or whatever they're calling it. I'm talking about forking over the cash and having no ability to back out before test driving it. That would be daft.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
damn, that means you can't ignore the wife?
If I could ignore her for the noise, she would hate the Grenadier. Then she would avoid it to drive with me in it.
Wouldn’t be better I think.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Note I said "purchase" not placing an order/pre-order or whatever they're calling it. I'm talking about forking over the cash and having no ability to back out before test driving it. That would be daft.
Again:
Like most early buyers in Europe and UK?

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Again:
Like most early buyers in Europe and UK?
Well, yeah. If they had no ability/opportunity to test drive before taking possession and owning the thing outright with no ability to return it and walk away, that's not a gamble I would take and, to me, would be foolhardy.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, yeah. If they had no ability/opportunity to test drive before taking possession and owning the thing outright with no ability to return it and walk away, that's not a gamble I would take and, to me, would be foolhardy.
Now it's official what I've always suspected. I am a daredevil gambler!
😎

Back
Top Bottom