The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diff breathers

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
Thanks here is the link. The link can be found in that icon next to the printer icon on the top right of each post (three circles joined by two lines). Easier to copy the link than give a number.

I may move that tube into the diff breather setup.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks here is the link. The link can be found in that icon next to the printer icon on the top right of each post (three circles joined by two lines). Easier to copy the link than give a number.

I was correcting your statement: "Apparantly the Grenadier does not have them, or no one has found them. People have looked."
A search on 'transfer case breather' will find my post.
I'm not that interested in the topic but as a service to others I quickly retrieved the post # from the list of messages in my profile.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was correcting your statement: "Apparantly the Grenadier does not have them, or no one has found them. People have looked."
I'm not that interested in the topic but as a service to others I quickly retrieved the post # from the list of messages in my profile.
Nice

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Do you have a post/thread of your breather kit install?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know that, I was just providing the link to Post 133, making it easier to click onto than searching for 133.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have a post/thread of your breather kit install?
I used the diff ports with thanks from @TheDocAUS but I bought a cheap hose and 2 breather kit from Air on Board. I didn’t install myself and so the photos aren’t great, they followed the wiring for the diff locks to ensure there was the appropriate flex to account for axle movement and used existing screws to mount the top end bracket under the bonnet.
IMG_5300.jpeg

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I used the diff ports with thanks from @TheDocAUS but I bought a cheap hose and 2 breather kit from Air on Board. I didn’t install myself and so the photos aren’t great, they followed the wiring for the diff locks to ensure there was the appropriate flex to account for axle movement and used existing screws to mount the top end bracket under the bonnet.
View attachment 7840054
Nice info, thanks @AnD3rew

Local time
10:42 AM
Reaction score
The reason it is short is that there isn’t space for a longer one. Get a winch extension rope and an X-Lock for shortening it.
Ohh this is clever. Looks very useful, though im not sure how i feel about the 'manual belay' application in their guide. has anyone used it like this?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:42 AM
Reaction score
Ohh this is clever. Looks very useful, though im not sure how i feel about the 'manual belay' application in their guide. has anyone used it like this?
I haven't used the X-Lock specifically, but a similar device, the Recovery 8, for line shortening, using winch line off of a dead winch as static rope (without relying on the drum lock to hold weight), etc.

Works beautifully

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I hope never to be in a situation where I might need to do that.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7840054
Thanks for this Andrew. Which particular 2 port breather kit from Air on Board did you find fitted? There are many to choose from.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for this Andrew. Which particular 2 port breather kit from Air on Board did you find fitted? There are many to choose from.
Universal 2 port from Amazon.

But the actual ports that screw into the diffs won’t work, you will need the ones like @TheDocAUS posted. Just need to make sure the hose size matches the push in connection in this case 6mm

http://Universal 2 Port / 2 Point D...r_apin_dp_JZH19QW33S6DGBAHTAQS&language=en-AU
http://Universal 2 Port / 2 Point D...r_apin_dp_JZH19QW33S6DGBAHTAQS&language=en-AU

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
AUSTRALIAN OWNERS ONLY
I can confirm I have spare diff connectors allowing you to fit diff breathers. @AnD3rew confirms they fit the INEOS. I have spares that can be bought at near cost plus packing and posting. If you are interested let me know and I will work out the cost. It can be arranged early next year - to avoid the Christmas/New Year madness.

Likely cost around AUD12 for two fittings posted within Australia. It maybe lower after I do some maths and checks, but not higher. Roughly 10 or 12 available.
img_4822-jpeg.7829249

Universal 2 port from Amazon.

But the actual ports that screw into the diffs won’t work, you will need the ones like @TheDocAUS posted. Just need to make sure the hose size matches the push in connection in this case 6mm

Thanks Andrew for the specifics. Will order and install

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
Was having a good butchers under the Gren and noticed that on the forward prop shaft there was a clean line around it. Checked to see if I could notice anything within touching distance and that was also clean and failed. Wonder what has caused it 🧐

Attachments

• IMG_0368.jpeg
    IMG_0368.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0366.jpeg
    IMG_0366.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 65

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was having a good butchers under the Gren and noticed that on the forward prop shaft there was a clean line around it. Checked to see if I could notice anything within touching distance and that was also clean and failed. Wonder what has caused it 🧐
I got the impression that there was some kind of label on the prop shaft that has finally worn off with use on wet roads and the like

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@ECrider Just crawled underneath mine out
of curiosity, no label but a small smudge in exactly the small place. Not oil nor water but as if something has wiped the dust off. Very curious.

Attachments

• 20240203_155517.jpg
    20240203_155517.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has that cable above it been rubbing intermittently when on rough roads onto the prop shaft
That’s what caused my transfer box cables to wear through. Some of the fixings for electric cables, transfer box cables , front rads etc. are seriously dubious in my opinion. I will elaborate via Logsplitter travels thread over the next few days when internet is better.

Back
Top Bottom