The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diff breathers

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone in Australia @TheDocAUS or anyone found a cost effective supplier of the correct M10x1.0 push fit connectors to go in the diff to accept the common 6mm hose that the breather kits seem to come with? I can find them online but all with ridiculous shipping costs, mostly from the UK.
Can you a picture or link.

If my guess is correct, it is a no from me. In the diff breather thread I listed a few Australian suppliers, which may be able to help.

If the UK link is Amazon UK, I may be able to help.

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
have everything needed at reasonable prices. I used them as needed for bits and pieces to maintain the air suspension on my 1999 Rangie P38.(y)

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
have everything needed at reasonable prices. I used them as needed for bits and pieces to maintain the air suspension on my 1999 Rangie P38.(y)
They make it hard with no search function, at least I cannot see it.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How many do you need?
Well as I understand it there aren’t transmission or transfer case or winch breathers so I guess just 2 for front and rear diffs

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They make it hard with no search function, at least I cannot see it.
Agree they don’t appear to have the metric fittings for those

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Close, but the thread looks like M10 1.5, we need M10 1.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What about Enzed, this is taken from their fitting brochure and they have outlets everywhere?
Enzed Fitting Snip.JPG

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Try them and let us know.

There is an order coming from overseas into Australia, but they need to arrive and then be fitted to make sure they work. Then I can say more.

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone in Australia @TheDocAUS or anyone found a cost effective supplier of the correct M10x1.0 push fit connectors to go in the diff to accept the common 6mm hose that the breather kits seem to come with? I can find them online but all with ridiculous shipping costs, mostly from the UK.
Yeah. Me. I bought a pack of 10, got left overs. Hit me up

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
In regard to breather tube routing, what connection fits best for diffs, t-case and transmission? Straight or 90-degree?

This is an easy mod. And with my Gren sitting at the Port I want to have these bits ready to install on arrival.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7824250

Further to @ninetubes confirmation elsewhere (https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new.12412945/#post-1333234286 ) of the suitability of M10 x1mm push fit hose fittings for the diff breathers.... I would like to clarify as to whether there is one breather each per F/R axle or are two fitted to each axle?
Can the breathers for the auto transmission and the transfer case be extended as well?
Also, how does one route the 8mm hose to the front ... tied with cable ties?
thanks in advance!
DM

Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Further to @ninetubes confirmation elsewhere (https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new.12412945/#post-1333234286 ) of the suitability of M10 x1mm push fit hose fittings for the diff breathers.... I would like to clarify as to whether there is one breather each per F/R axle or are two fitted to each axle?
Can the breathers for the auto transmission and the transfer case be extended as well?
Also, how does one route the 8mm hose to the front ... tied with cable ties?
thanks in advance!
DM

This is a common thing to do on Defenders.
There are even specific breather tube extension kits available.
Onnce you have converted to the 'push fit' system, a whole new world of accessories open up.
There are joints, direction changers and manifolds. splitters, combiners, valves and T pieces.
The world of multi coloured 6mm ID pipe allows a huge range of expression.
Search for "Pneumatic Fittings".

You can use tye-wraps/cable ties or you can use Airnets, P clips, air hose clamps, schläuche diversion Fluss Clip's.
The key is to route the breather to be above the expected waterline.
On a 300tdi defender the normal place is on the bulkhead, level with the top of the wing.

Beam axles nominaly have 1 breather, this needs to be extended along the rear A frame, up past the pivot point and along the chassis up to the 'manifold'.
The front runs along the axle, along the 'hockey stick' and up onto the chassis.
Gearboxes etc are easier as they don't move too much so the pipe can goto the chassis and up to the manifolds chosen point more simply.

HTH

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Many thanks! The world of push fit fittings and 6mm hose used keep me awake at night... but that was for the EAS on a 1999 Range Rover P38😉
The beauty of the Grenadier is that when I view it in the morning I'm confident it won't be leaning on one side due to an air leak in the suspension!😄

Back
Top Bottom