The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Defense Force Discounts

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:32 PM
Reaction score
Or for just civil retirees ... ?

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday I sent an Email to Ineos Australia asking them when they plan to do a Proto Tour in Far North Queensland. They replied that they had no plans for such a tour and so this is the reply I sent back to them

Not coming to Far North Queensland??? But driving around Fraser Island instead. That's the sort of toy driving stunts that Land Rover Australia used to pull. Remember this vehicle is not a competitor for  Toorak Tractors that frequent the big smoke but rather it's for the likes of Cape York and the Gulf country and even the fringes of Arnhem Land and the heart of the Kimberley. You should be visiting Cairns, Townsville, Darwin, Alice Springs, and Broome to name a few instead of multiple tours in the South East corner of the continent including multiple trips to Melbourne. The approach you have adopted reeks of someone who either doesn't like getting out of their comfort zone, or who has no idea of the the Australian outback. CheersLes Hiddins AMThe Bush Tucker Man

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
And a Kiwi driving on Fraser Island at that.
Isn't there any "Tough" Aussie legends that they could of got on board for the photo shoot?  I am sure that you of all people would qualify for that one Les.

Mind you, I would still like the opportunity to attend a customer day in Melbourne where I am.  I have had a reservation since early December, and I haven't heard boo from them regarding an opportunity to even touch one. I too sent them an email in this regard yesterday, see what response they give.

Perhaps more photo shoots/customer days are required here in OZ.
It sounds like they are running plenty of them in the US, according to our US forum friends.

PS.  Not that there is anything wrong with our Kiwi friends.?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Well Les
No ambiguity about that one.
I must admit that I asked them early March when they were coming to QLD again and was told there were no plans. 
Then I discovered that they came up to the 4WD show a couple of weeks later 
A bit annoying

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Davman said:
And a Kiwi driving on Fraser Island at that.
Isn't there any "Tough" Aussie legends that they could of got on board for the photo shoot?  I am sure that you of all people would qualify for that one Les.

Mind you, I would still like the opportunity to attend a customer day in Melbourne where I am.  I have had a reservation since early December, and I haven't heard boo from them regarding an opportunity to even touch one. I too sent them an email in this regard yesterday, see what response they give.

Perhaps more photo shoots/customer days are required here in OZ.
It sounds like they are running plenty of them in the US, according to our US forum friends.

PS.  Not that there is anything wrong with our Kiwi friends.?

That was extremely disappointing because a lot of global viewers probably have no idea who the kiwi was, that he was a kiwi, or who the All Blacks are.
Understandable if it was the final mile New Zealand. 
Would be interesting to see how Les goes driving it with his hat on  

Reactions: @nd

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
DaveB said:
That was extremely disappointing because a lot of global viewers probably have no idea who the kiwi was, that he was a kiwi, or who the All Blacks are.

I hardly knew who Andrew Mehrtens was/is.
However I am sure he is a really choice bro though.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It will be interesting as to what INEOS do here as a show of good faith for all of the people who put down their initial "reservation" deposit.

The reservation deposit obviously does not guarantee you a spot at the top of the queue, as it will depend on option availability, timing of the payment of the secondary deposit etc.  Also, in many cases, INEOS are going to be expecting purchasers to buy the car even before they have ever seen one (prototype or production version), let alone driven one.
That is a LOT of good faith that INEOS are asking of its potential customers, for a brand new manufacturer and car.
 I would expect that they would be offering something similar to all of us with reservations, as that would make sense by way of a THANK YOU.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My understanding is
  • that we will be contacted in order of reservation date
  • You will spec up your vehicle via a priced configurator
  • You will receive a quote
  • You will have 2 months to place the balance of the deposit and accept the quote
  • within 4-6 weeks you will get a build date 
  • You accept the build date and your deposit is non-refundable
  • Depending on were you are in the world you will get a delivery date(Australia 3-5 months)
  • On delivery you pay the balance or finance
  • The $800 puts you higher in the initial queue but if you take 2-3 months to accept then the delay is on you.
  • I agree a big leap of faith if you, like me, haven't even seen one let alone driven one.
  • I am guessing totally that they will start contacting reservation holders in May and go out to general public in July.; But that is totally a guess

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If that's the process DaveB seems fair enough, agree about the leap of faith for a start up.   Having said that the LC300 has an untested hot V engine and tranny and it's not as if that company hasn't had issues with air intakes , dpf's etc.  I could of course test drive an LC300 as its on my shortlist but it would only be around the block and I don't think such a short drive on bitumen would be overly helpful.  Having followed this project from the start and considering the general openness of Ineos from that time, I'm probably more confident in it than the current LC at this stage and it being fit for my purpose out of the box.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just bought a holiday house that I am going to see for the first time this weekend and it cost many many times more than a Grenadier.
I guess we live in an age of buying online. 

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Les,

I enjoyed reading your email to Ineos; made me chuckle.  I had a very similar experience re the prototype tours last Nov.  I received the standard Covid excuse, which to be fair for WA, was probably valid.  WA has been open for quite a while now and it's been "crickets" since.   I don't see them coming West, so hopefully something rolls up via a dealer sooner than later.   See below Ineos Australia reply and my original email from early Nov.

"Thank you for your email and interest in the Grenadier! This was a first release of dates and locations and we will be releasing more in the coming weeks. WA has been a challenge to schedule due to border restrictions but we certainly hope to get there in 2022. 
Many thanks,
INEOS Grenadier 2B Prototype Tour Team""Dear Ineos,
I received an email today detailing the prototype tour.   Having placed a reservation and paying a deposit, I was excited to read that the tour was coming to Australia and that I have been provided the opportunity to participate.  Unfortunately, this excitement was very short lived when, upon reviewing the details, the Australian tour is restricted to the states of VIC, NSW and SA.   I live in Perth WA, a mere 2000-3500km away from the proposed tour demonstration venues.
Given that Australia has been openly touted as a strong target market for the Ineos Grenadier, I am surprised that the demonstrations would be so limited.   I remain hopeful that Ineos will respect potential customers in the states of QLD, NT, TAS and WA with opportunity to participate in the global tour.  It should not be lost on Ineos that these states represent some of the most vast and travelled 4WD touring in this country.  To not include these states in the tour seems unfathomable in my opinion.   This is certainly not an ideal message to people from those states, whom Ineos hope to attract as Customers.
I am hopeful that Ineos will reconsider the tour, expanding the opportunity for people in the states of QLD, NT, TAS and WA to participate."
[QUOTE username=Les Hiddins  Bushguide userid=8850676 postid=1332431148]Yesterday I sent an Email to Ineos Australia asking them when they plan to do a Proto Tour in Far North Queensland. They replied that they had no plans for such a tour and so this is the reply I sent back to them

Not coming to Far North Queensland??? But driving around Fraser Island instead. That's the sort of toy driving stunts that Land Rover Australia used to pull. Remember this vehicle is not a competitor for  Toorak Tractors that frequent the big smoke but rather it's for the likes of Cape York and the Gulf country and even the fringes of Arnhem Land and the heart of the Kimberley. You should be visiting Cairns, Townsville, Darwin, Alice Springs, and Broome to name a few instead of multiple tours in the South East corner of the continent including multiple trips to Melbourne. The approach you have adopted reeks of someone who either doesn't like getting out of their comfort zone, or who has no idea of the the Australian outback. CheersLes Hiddins AMThe Bush Tucker Man[/QUOTE]

Local time
Reaction score
The offer could be good news for me.  Interesting though that there's been nothing from Ineos...  Nothing on their website, no emails to reservation holders.  
On that note, has anyone heard any whispers of when orders are going to open, coincident with transparency on pricing and full detail of options and accessories?  I thought this was meant to be in April... I guess there is still a week to run.

Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
HughC

The Grenadier will be doing the WA tour in Lake Brockman from the 27th April to the 8th of may.

Local time
Reaction score
Hey Sledge,
That's good news.  Is it open for public?   Just wondering how this news has come through as I haven't received any emails detailing this event.   Probably too late to attend now...

Local time
Reaction score
Hey Sledge,
Thanks again for the heads up; this forum is proving its value.  I am not sure why I haven't heard from Ineos but clicking on the Prototype Tour link in email from last Nov provides the WA tour details (as you mentioned) and plenty of open slots.  And even better news was receipt overnight of email with update stating full configurator goes live 28th April and order placement from May.  Reading this latest news Ineos FAQ noted that they have had issues with emails not going out to everyone, which may explain lack of news about the WA tour event.  Apparently all resolved now but for anyone in WA that hasn't heard of the tour event, then try the earlier link.

QUOTE username=HughC userid=8918346 postid=1332449476]Hey Sledge,
That's good news.  Is it open for public?   Just wondering how this news has come through as I haven't received any emails detailing this event.   Probably too late to attend now...[/QUOTE]

Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
This looks interesting
Be great if I can get a discount

G'day DaveB ,

Were you linking to the APOD advertised Veteran offer to DVA recognised ADF Veterans of :

"$1,500 of factory INEOS Grenadier accessories inclusive of GST & fitment costs.
Supporting the Defence Community.
In recognition of your contribution and service, this offer will provide APOD members with an exclusive contribution towards INEOS Grenadier accessories.
The range of accessories – which will include an extensive array of built-for-purpose products - will enable APOD members to tailor their vehicle more acutely to their needs, with each Grenadier providing a blank canvas.
INEOS is now taking refundable reservations of $800 to be at the front of the queue when the Grenadier goes on sale.
The $1,500 accessory offer will be applied as a rebate to the final invoice when the vehicle is delivered, which can be redeemed through our retail partner. Please identify you are an APOD member when arranging vehicle delivery."

https://apod.com.au/defence-discounts/

I have been contacted by my delivery agent, Westco in Cairns QLD, who were not aware of this offer and have sent enquiries to Ineos Automotive Australia. I've sent the same question to the UK customer service enquiries and await their response. Will share the answers here.

Regards
Farseeker

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
G'day DaveB ,

Were you linking to the APOD advertised Veteran offer to DVA recognised ADF Veterans of :

"$1,500 of factory INEOS Grenadier accessories inclusive of GST & fitment costs.
Supporting the Defence Community.
In recognition of your contribution and service, this offer will provide APOD members with an exclusive contribution towards INEOS Grenadier accessories.
The range of accessories – which will include an extensive array of built-for-purpose products - will enable APOD members to tailor their vehicle more acutely to their needs, with each Grenadier providing a blank canvas.
INEOS is now taking refundable reservations of $800 to be at the front of the queue when the Grenadier goes on sale.
The $1,500 accessory offer will be applied as a rebate to the final invoice when the vehicle is delivered, which can be redeemed through our retail partner. Please identify you are an APOD member when arranging vehicle delivery."

https://apod.com.au/defence-discounts/

I have been contacted by my delivery agent, Westco in Cairns QLD, who were not aware of this offer and have sent enquiries to Ineos Automotive Australia. I've sent the same question to the UK customer service enquiries and await their response. Will share the answers here.

Regards
Farseeker
Yes that is the one
Justin Hocevar is aware of it.
He set it up

Back
Top Bottom