The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Defense Force Discounts

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
G'day DaveB ,

Were you linking to the APOD advertised Veteran offer to DVA recognised ADF Veterans of :

"$1,500 of factory INEOS Grenadier accessories inclusive of GST & fitment costs.
Supporting the Defence Community.
In recognition of your contribution and service, this offer will provide APOD members with an exclusive contribution towards INEOS Grenadier accessories.
The range of accessories – which will include an extensive array of built-for-purpose products - will enable APOD members to tailor their vehicle more acutely to their needs, with each Grenadier providing a blank canvas.
INEOS is now taking refundable reservations of $800 to be at the front of the queue when the Grenadier goes on sale.
The $1,500 accessory offer will be applied as a rebate to the final invoice when the vehicle is delivered, which can be redeemed through our retail partner. Please identify you are an APOD member when arranging vehicle delivery."

https://apod.com.au/defence-discounts/

I have been contacted by my delivery agent, Westco in Cairns QLD, who were not aware of this offer and have sent enquiries to Ineos Automotive Australia. I've sent the same question to the UK customer service enquiries and await their response. Will share the answers here.

Regards
Farseeker
I contacted my agent in Brisbane and had the following response….

“Thank you for your email regarding the APOD Discount process.
We have contacted our INEOS support team and they have advised they are still working through the invoicing systems including implementation of the offer. INEOS have confirmed any eligible client will have this honoured.”

So those of us who are eligible, ensure you make your agent aware before final payment - it’s a great discount.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday I sent an Email to Ineos Australia asking them when they plan to do a Proto Tour in Far North Queensland. They replied that they had no plans for such a tour and so this is the reply I sent back to them

Not coming to Far North Queensland??? But driving around Fraser Island instead. That's the sort of toy driving stunts that Land Rover Australia used to pull. Remember this vehicle is not a competitor for Toorak Tractors that frequent the big smoke but rather it's for the likes of Cape York and the Gulf country and even the fringes of Arnhem Land and the heart of the Kimberley. You should be visiting Cairns, Townsville, Darwin, Alice Springs, and Broome to name a few instead of multiple tours in the South East corner of the continent including multiple trips to Melbourne. The approach you have adopted reeks of someone who either doesn't like getting out of their comfort zone, or who has no idea of the the Australian outback. CheersLes Hiddins AMThe Bush Tucker Man
I only saw this message today. I was in Australia some 10 years ago. Funny, I have been in 3 of the 5 cities where "I should have been", proud of it ;)
I didn't want to spend the money in hiring a 4x4 (I am not Jim Rat).

Therefore I hitch-hiked from Flinders Range through Coober Peedy (dangerous place according to some people in Melbourne!), Darwin, and so more, to somewhere South of Townsville. Then I hired a car because I didn't want to miss my plane back to the outback's of Belgium (still searching where they are located).

Fantastic country and people except @DaveB :)ROFLMAO:;)) : I would like to come back with my Grenadier, perhaps, but probably not.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I sent an Email to Ineos Australia asking them when they plan to do a Proto Tour in Far North Queensland. They replied that they had no plans for such a tour and so this is the reply I sent back to them

Not coming to Far North Queensland??? But driving around Fraser Island instead. That's the sort of toy driving stunts that Land Rover Australia used to pull. Remember this vehicle is not a competitor for Toorak Tractors that frequent the big smoke but rather it's for the likes of Cape York and the Gulf country and even the fringes of Arnhem Land and the heart of the Kimberley. You should be visiting Cairns, Townsville, Darwin, Alice Springs, and Broome to name a few instead of multiple tours in the South East corner of the continent including multiple trips to Melbourne. The approach you have adopted reeks of someone who either doesn't like getting out of their comfort zone, or who has no idea of the the Australian outback. CheersLes Hiddins AMThe Bush Tucker Man

Why the hell they didn't do 'the final mile' for Australia with you Les was the biggest missed opportunity. I also can't believe they didn't hand over a Grenadier and a camera crew to just go do bush tucker work for a month, REALLY put the vehicle to the test. Would have been Marketing gold!

Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
After a gentle prompt email yesterday following up from December, I received a reassuring reply from Ineos Automotive here in Australia that said the basic configuration based sales contract is unable to implement the offer on the contract documents however Ineos plans to instead implement the offer on the final invoice.

"Although we don’t know the complete process yet, we will prior to your delivery and [our local delivery agent] will be able to effectively make sure the APOD offer is applied for you at that time.
You can comfortably sign the contract as is for now and rest assured as long as it is applicable to you, the APOD discount will still be afforded to you regardless of its omission from the contract."

So there it is, as Bobby Mac said above and now reinforced from Ineos Automotive Australia, ensure your delivery agent is aware early and the offer will be honoured within the final invoices.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After a gentle prompt email yesterday following up from December, I received a reassuring reply from Ineos Automotive here in Australia that said the basic configuration based sales contract is unable to implement the offer on the contract documents however Ineos plans to instead implement the offer on the final invoice.

"Although we don’t know the complete process yet, we will prior to your delivery and [our local delivery agent] will be able to effectively make sure the APOD offer is applied for you at that time.
You can comfortably sign the contract as is for now and rest assured as long as it is applicable to you, the APOD discount will still be afforded to you regardless of its omission from the contract."

So there it is, as Bobby Mac said above and now reinforced from Ineos Automotive Australia, ensure your delivery agent is aware early and the offer will be honoured within the final invoices.
For contractual purposes I would also be getting the same email sent to you referencing your order number if this applies to you, so you don’t get left at the alter at the last minute. Just to cover your backside.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

That is in line with the conditions laid out on the APOD offer which state that the discount will be applied to the final invoice.

EEB975C6-0137-4902-AE08-7393E36F0B58.jpeg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So does that mean you put $1,500 or more of accessories on your vehicle, pay in full via the final invoice and the retail partner refunds you the cash on delivery; or do you get a voucher for $1,500 to spent on accessories with the retail partner after delivery?

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So does that mean you put $1,500 or more of accessories on your vehicle, pay in full via the final invoice and the retail partner refunds you the cash on delivery; or do you get a voucher for $1,500 to spent on accessories with the retail partner after delivery?
Having previously confirmed your eligibility for the offer, the agent will present you with a final invoice which includes a $1500 discount.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So why talk of rebate that can be redeemed...?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure it will all come out in the wash, but a discount is not a rebate.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I see what you are saying but if it's taken off your final invoice then what's this bit about: "which can be redeemed through our retail partner"?

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I see what you are saying but if it's taken off your final invoice then what's this bit about: "which can be redeemed through our retail partner"?

My assumption is that you notify your retail partner of your eligibility for the rebate (and provide proof by way of your APOD membership card), and they arrange for your final invoice to be reduced by $1500 (assuming you have ordered at least $1500 worth of accessories). This fits with what Farseeker was told by Ineos Australia.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My assumption is that you notify your retail partner of your eligibility for the rebate (and provide proof by way of your APOD membership card), and they arrange for your final invoice to be reduced by $1500 (assuming you have ordered at least $1500 worth of accessories). This fits with what Farseeker was told by Ineos Australia.
Spot on!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes that sounds sensible.

The wording from Ineos suggests you pay your final invoice in full, and then have a voucher to spend with the retail partner on accessories.

Assuming your way and putting all your accessories on the final invoice expecting a discount, but then being told you get a voucher for an additional $1500 spend with the retail partner would be the snag.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes that sounds sensible.

The wording from Ineos suggests you pay your final invoice in full, and then have a voucher to spend with the retail partner on accessories.

Assuming your way and putting all your accessories on the final invoice expecting a discount, but then being told you get a voucher for an additional $1500 spend with the retail partner would be the snag.

As explained earlier by Farseeker, the wording is from the APOD website, not Ineos.

Back
Top Bottom