The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cyclists in the Grenadier Community

Eniffer

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
I’ve always said my ideal spec grenadier is a 2 seat with trays for the bikes. Full roof rack with roof tent and awnings. I’ve got a gravel cycling event in July and hoping I can take our Grenadier demo with all the trimmings as my base. 905D8B87-13A3-4F59-9E8C-76867969B63B.jpeg

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
Our G-Wagen has a proprietary MB tow hitch receiver which has made it impossible to get any simple towbar mounted carrying rack. Having a regular simple square receiver on the Grenadier means all these options are now open to me.
Living in the UK and hopefully with delivery soon I'm asking the same questions. I much prefer the US style 2" hitch receiver as opposed to a tow ball for a bike rack. From an engineering perspective its a far better solution. My plan for the Grenadier was to get a 2" hitch extender (to clear the rear wheel) and then to get a bike carrier. But no one seems to do a 2" hitch bike carrier in the UK? Any other ideas out there?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread as deliveries are well underway and I have seen at least one person on here post pictures of their bicycle carrying setup on another thread. Hoping they might also post here along with anyone else who has sorted out their bike related Grenadier stuff for specific cyclist review...
Also, still no luck getting free Ineos team kit from anywhere. sigh. Has anyone been lucky enough to score some?

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
An Ineos kit instead of a Belstaff jacket as an option would be cool. I’m curious on internal bike carrying options, it would be a no brainer if the second row seats folded flat. As it stands I’m also probably looking at a 1-up hitch rack as well, but if I can find a reasonable way to carry inside I might, just to not have to secure them and fidget with external racks. Glad you resuscitated this thread, I had forgotten about it.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
An Ineos kit instead of a Belstaff jacket as an option would be cool. I’m curious on internal bike carrying options, it would be a no brainer if the second row seats folded flat. As it stands I’m also probably looking at a 1-up hitch rack as well, but if I can find a reasonable way to carry inside I might, just to not have to secure them and fidget with external racks. Glad you resuscitated this thread, I had forgotten about it.
Tow ball carrier for me. If you're in the UK I would recommend a Pendle Bikes carrier, robust and very long lasting.
Their selling point is all made in the Britain

Del

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:39 AM
Reaction score
Tow ball carrier for me. If you're in the UK I would recommend a Pendle Bikes carrier, robust and very long lasting.
Their selling point is all made in the Britain
Eric. Do they make one that can clear the rear wheel.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Eric. Do they make one that can clear the rear wheel.
Good point, on my Discovery 4 I can part open the upper door enough to get equipment on. One option would be go for the 3 bike option but leave the rack closest to the wheel empty, that should suffice. You'd need to have a good look on their website since models have changed since I bought one. Because they last!
From memory I think you can order different tube lengths so you could get the longer bars (or don't fit the 3rd and keep it as spare). Because they make/assemble them on site they can/used to be able to mix and match.

Last edited:

Don Fraser

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I would like to look at a solution that would turn the ladder into a vertical bike rack or strap to tire for road or gravel bikes

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it might be possible to mount a couple of these to the rear seat back so the front fork can be secured to it when the seat is folded down. Not sure if the plastic seat back will be strong enough though.

d7a229a6-8230-4b11-9c64-4ea0b00eb382.344614e53b2251ccd1bff491790f7233.jpeg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good point, on my Discovery 4 I can part open the upper door enough to get equipment on. One option would be go for the 3 bike option but leave the rack closest to the wheel empty, that should suffice. You'd need to have a good look on their website since models have changed since I bought one. Because they last!
From memory I think you can order different tube lengths so you could get the longer bars (or don't fit the 3rd and keep it as spare). Because they make/assemble them on site they can/used to be able to mix and match.
I'm now starting to question my suggestion, the grenadier has a big tyre and I now think it would be touch and go. You would need to contact them for dimensions or see if they could provide longer tubes. They are an engineering company so yes, but it comes down to cost. But if they see a market? Grenadier specific accessories?

Reactions: Del

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
Many of the points raised have already been answered, but I want to relate my own experience. I am a mainly road cyclist, with occasional (summer evacuation) mtb trails.
Until today I have never transport a racing bike by car (always starting from home) but I would like to be able to do so to look for new routes.
On my Defender 90 the two mtb were placed in a rack mounted on the spare wheel (very nice, square tubes, aluminum and support arms), but it has always been a solution that I didn't like. 600 km of highway hanging outside is not the best. Dogma F.

1686214927946.jpeg
Acceptable for mtb bikes, absolutely unthinkable for a 15,000 euro Pinarello

1686215033554.jpeg

One of the reasons why I switched from the Defender 90 to the Grenadier was the possibility of transporting the bikes inside, even if, I must admit, the impossibility of folding the seats and obtaining a single level floor (the biggest flaw, for me, of the Grenadier).
However, the possibility indicated by previous posts remains, to load the bike without front wheel and fix them with one of the supports indicated above (there are dozens of types).

61QPjjKjr2L._AC_SL1005_.jpg

The question remains whether to place the bike with the rear wheel facing forward or vice versa. With the front wheel in front, it should not be necessary to lower the saddle. I believe that the support can be supported without problems from the bottom of the seat, also because the bike weighs 6 kg without the front wheel ... What do you think?

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
1686246465101.png
No doubts that the more convenient position is fork looking forward...
Any Gren owner could be so kind to let me know the difference between the flat floor and the back of the folded rear seat?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I currently carry my fat bike on 1Up rack, and tuck my BMX bikes inside, out of the weather. I’ll do the same with the Gren.

Back
Top Bottom