The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cyclists in the Grenadier Community

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
Our G-Wagen has a proprietary MB tow hitch receiver which has made it impossible to get any simple towbar mounted carrying rack. Having a regular simple square receiver on the Grenadier means all these options are now open to me.
Precisely.

The day I get her home -one of the very first things will be to try and attach the rear carrier to the tow ball (hitch).

Of course, if the spare is an obstruction, then another option is the remove it and place in the rear cargo area of up on the roof rack

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
Agree - the fold down Thule (or other brand) rear carrier is very good because you not only to you have the lift the bike 500mm off the ground it also allows you to access and open the rear door without taking the bikes off.

I think it will be possible to open the Grenadier rear doors with the Thule rear carrier (provided it will fit behind the spare wheel)

Maybe there is an extension that can shift the carrier back 100mm or so.
Yep, agree, the tilting versions tow-ball mounting ones are tiptop. We went for a Buzzrack 4 bike one on the D4. You can extend your tow bar out by adding a vertical height coupling.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
I have a pretty generic over-the-spare rack that's something like this. It's easy to pop on and off as it's not needed very often.

ad1d75b0-9c1a-4898-993e-2bf5b7287695_1.756c58c166d162a8942339720b252399.jpeg

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
My girl friend owns a bycicle carrier for her Opel Meriva - to mount it on the trailer hitch.
So I ordered my Grenadier with a trailer hitch - and we will take her bycicle carrier on it - thats my idea for the transport oof ur bikes - if it is necessary.
We often bike in summer - but we allways start at home - and so the bycicle carrier stays - and will stay - in the garage ... ;)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
My girl friend owns a bycicle carrier for her Opel Meriva - to mount it on the trailer hitch.
So I ordered my Grenadier with a trailer hitch - and we will take her bycicle carrier on it - thats my idea for the transport oof ur bikes - if it is necessary.
We often bike in summer - but we allways start at home - and so the bycicle carrier stays - and will stay - in the garage ... ;)
I have both road bikes and off road/gravel bikes.

I live in the city and the nearest gravel is +50km away so I need to drive there to start

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I'll be missing my pickup truck, in which I can carry a mountain bike without removing the front wheel. Also, its covered by a topper, so it stays dry, relatively clean, and relatively secure. Its nice to be able to leave it back there. I've been using a rear mounted bike carrier when transporting bikes with my much better-looking better half :D, so I'm sure that's what we'll keep doing with the Grenadier. I just won't want to leave my bike back there for days at a time, the way I do now. Trucks are great for some things, but the Grenadier will be better at other things.

bike_carrier.jpg

bikes_2.jpg

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
I have had to take a breath after just reading about bike riding...just letting those in the thread we have two members of the Grenadier Team living and riding with a club on the Sunshine Coast Qld OZ...for those who like a challenge you may have heard of the 'Buderim 9 Challenge' in which the riders tackle the 9 roads that lead to the top of Buderim...I live on the corner of two, one quite long and the other short but the tightest pinch...happy pushing, I am happy to watch and encourage

Details of the 2022 event - Buderim 9

Local time
Reaction score
I ordered a towbar and have one of those racks that clip on the tow ball like pliers. Oh and I also bought the Ineos grenadiers podium cap like Phillipo Ganna always wears.

Attachments

• 4D2941BC-1A56-43C7-BF04-04ED4271B134.jpeg
    4D2941BC-1A56-43C7-BF04-04ED4271B134.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 14

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
I am sure there are a few other cyclists on here so I thought it might be worthwhile having a thread to discuss all Grenadier related cycling stuff - but not necessarily the Ineos UCI cycling team.

What are your plans for carrying bicycles on your Grenadier? I often laugh when I see the Team Ineos promo stuff showing the Grenadiers team riding along with spare bikes on the roof of the team IG. I mean, how the hell would you be expected to do a quick bike change when the replacements are all the way up there? Obviously the Grenadier is not a practical race support vehicle, but it will certainly be a useful carrier. So how do people plan to carry their bikes? Roof, towbar mount? Inside? This thread maybe could have gone in the accessories section, but I suspect there will be a lot of other non-accessory related cycling chat as well, so I've just plonked it in the general chat.

Also - has anyone been able to extract any free Ineos team kit from their dealer agent or local Ineos subsidiary? I seem to have a whole bunch of Grenadier Prototype Tour shirts (nearly one for every day of the week :rolleyes:), but I haven't been able to score any free cycling kit.
Great idea! My wife and me are road cyclists and will use the Grenadier to travel all over Europe. Current plan is to fold down the backrest of the passenger row and mount the bikes on that flat surface with airline rails and parts from a german company https://www.radfazz.de , who produce great bicycle mounting aids.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Great idea! My wife and me are road cyclists and will use the Grenadier to travel all over Europe. Current plan is to fold down the backrest of the passenger row and mount the bikes on that flat surface with airline rails and parts from a german company https://www.radfazz.de , who produce great bicycle mounting aids.
Its really nice having the bikes inside the vehicle. More secure, but mostly, it protects them from all the road grime.

Back
Top Bottom