The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Customer Service - Not Ineos!

Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
I have just come off the phone with "Ineos" regarding the ability to change my spec.

The chap answering the phone basically told me that due to the website not working how it should I was not able to modify or update the spec of the vehicle I ordered online. He did offer to take down the details of what changes I had made. Having gone through the first couple of options pages it became obvious he was typing this into an email. I suggested sending over a PDF of the spec or supplying a configuration code.

He said that he worked for a company that had been employed by Ineos to handle their customer service. He didn't have access to the details of my order or was able to see the configurations. From what he was saying I am not sure he has ever seen the vehicle or has an idea of what changes could be made. I did ask if I could talk to someone who could help more but I gather no direct access was available.

I am concerned that if I try and make these changes later I may get bumped out of my build slot.

Jim Radcliff, If you are reading this, please don't let this wonderful vehicle get wrecked by poor customer service. 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
Hi DaveH1.

Very similar to me last week.

I called the same help-line (1800290678) to change 3 items on my order.

Spoke to the very friendly representative and he said to tell him what changes I wanted.

He typed out each of the changes and then read them back to me for me to verbally confirm.

I then specifically asked him if INEOS would send me a message confirming the 3 changes and a new total cost.

He said yes but did not know how long it would take.

He provided me a Case Reference number by email a few minutes later.

That all happened 9 days ago.

I really want to lock-in these changes BEFORE contract signing to ensure no delay in my production month.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
Thanks Mark and Dave H1, very informative... the Australian Luxury Car Tax is a concern for me...if it were to be resolved such that the IG was exempted from the LCT prior to me signing a final order then I'd probably add a few things...as it is, well, I'll sit tight and see what happens.

Local time
Reaction score
I sent the PDFs of my initial order and my revised spec. 24 hours later I had an email confirming receipt and saying it would be forwarded on. I guess I now need to wait ?

Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
Mark - What were the 3 changes you made? Reading this thread has convinced me to learn EVERYTHING I can before I place the actual order. At this point, I'm just on a reservation. 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi.

change body colour
remove checker plate
remove red colour vinyl wrap on small rear door

BTW:  It's now been 2 weeks since I advised the changes and still no confirmation and new pricing from INEOS.

I called again today to escalate.

cheers

Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I've gone back & forth on that wrap. I saw it in the latest video series from Ineos and liked it at first. Then realized they limit which color wraps come with which color body. At that point, I decided to focus on body/roof colors and just wrap what I want as an aftermarket add. I've also gone hot/cold on the checker plate. 

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
For those who may be interested, ABC TV here in Australia are now replaying the entire three series of Bush Tucker Man. Thats about 30 episodes all up. So if you type in  the following: Bush Tucker Man ABC TV it should show up.CheersLes Hiddins AMBush Tucker Man

Local time
Reaction score
Still waiting for a reply to my changes requested with customer service, I am hoping this will get sorted soon. It does all seem to have gone a bit quiet on the news front as mentioned elsewhere. It would be nice to see a weekly update on what's going on. It may be that Ineos see delays as being a negative but the silence will start to get filled by rumour. The last news post on the Ineos website was on the 2nd of March!

Ferrugenfish

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I spent about 35 minutes chatting with Megan, a chat answerer on the IG website.  She was nice.  I had 2 unanswered questions I wanted to be followed up with.  She put in the tickets and I got email confirmations for them.  That was a week ago; no answer thus far.

Local time
Reaction score
Things appear to be moving.

Having chased customer service myself 10 days ago asking if I could make changes it now looks like there is a system for this. I have until the 8th of July  ( next Friday ) to make the changes but having clicked the link I gather they are going to contact me.

It does say that if I wish to make "minor" changes so I am a bit concerned as I wanted to swap from petrol to diesel.

Hi David,

We’ve reached the final stages of the Grenadier development journey as our ‘production try-out’ prototype Grenadiers roll off the line and we complete our manufacturing and logistics process testing. As start of series production comes closer, we hope that you share the team’s excitement at the prospect of handing over the first Grenadiers to their new owners – yourself included.

Your Grenadier order is currently being processed but there are a few things we need from you so we can progress to the final stages of production:

1. Confirmation of your chosen specification
2. Your signed contract of sale

We would also like to tell you about financing your vehicle and what you can expect when it’s time to collect your Grenadier.

Confirming your specification

We need to finalise your order by 8th July 2022 - after this date it is not possible to make any changes to your specification.

If you are happy with your chosen specification then you do not need to do anything, we will continue to process your existing order as you submitted it. You can view your specification by logging into your account here and selecting ‘Orders’.

If you wish to make minor change(s) to your Grenadier order, please click the link below.CHANGE MY CONFIGURATION >
Signing your contract

You’ll soon receive your contract which must be signed before we can finalise your order. This is your contract of sale and will allow us to assign your Grenadier to you.

Please note, once you have returned your signed contract it is not possible to refund your deposit.Making your final payment

Once we’ve received your signed contract, we’ll be in touch to discuss how you can pay your outstanding balance which will become due prior to delivery. You’ll be able to choose from a range of finance offers that you can check out here. You can also speak to your retail partner about part exchange.

The configurator tool has an extra finance calculator function to help you work out which option is right for you.

Collecting your Grenadier

The big day will then arrive when you’ll be able to collect your Grenadier from your retail partner. We’ll be in touch closer to the time to confirm the exact date for the handover.

Please note we will provide you with the most accurate date we can for handover but timings are subject to change. Should there be any significant changes to the production and delivery of your Grenadier, we will notify you.

With thanks as always from all of us for your steadfast support of the Grenadier project. It’s been quite an adventure so far and the finish line is in sight!

The INEOS Grenadier Team

Local time
Reaction score
Having received the email above telling me to click  to “change my configuration” I did. I then had a message saying I would be contacted. The same email said I had until the 7th of July to make my choice.

I tried calling my preferred dealer yesterday but no reply. They have little detail on their web site other than a holding page.

I now have 3 days to go and I will hold my breath. Will I get a call from my dealer before the 7th?

I have had no reply from the contact with Ineos  customer services giving full details of my changes on the 22nd of June.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This could have all been avoided if we had access to the Configurator and to discuss here on this forum, a few weeks before the website opening up for official orders. 

Btw I clicked on the email link to change order and might have sent another email to Ineos on your behalf. Hopefully that helps ?

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Crimson, I think I have clicked on the link more than once but not convinced it goes anywhere. 

Local time
Reaction score
I have just tried calling Harwoods Southampton who are my designated Ineos dealer. I was informed that they had gained the dealership but had no showroom or staff. It was suggested that I try the online chat. I asked him if he knew of the vehicle and he said he did, “it’s that old 4x4” ? 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
That's embarrassing.

Local time
Reaction score
 I am delighted to read on the Harwoods web site that the new Ineos will do a combined 61.40 mpg 
1f602.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 17.37.29.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 17.37.29.png
    389.7 KB · Views: 53
Local time
Reaction score
Still nothing from Ineos and the allocated dealer appears to have no knowledge that they should be dealing with the order.

I am starting to think that placing the order, at least at the moment, isn’t a good idea. If I can’t get support on buying the vehicle what hope will there be when it arrives.

I think this horse is falling at the last fence.

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos advised me 5 weeks ago that when built I was to collect the vehicle from Endeavour Cars at Gerrards
Cross ( UK ).

I contacted them recently to ask questions etc and was advised in a helpful and polite manner that they hadn't
been appointed yet and were expecting to hear in September.

Add this to the 'confused' file.

BTW - it was at their branch in Chiswick West London that I was invited by Ineos to view the vehicle in April
where their representative Mark was very knowledgable and keen to maintain positive relations with
future customers.

Back
Top Bottom