The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Customer Service - Not Ineos!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
Seems Ineos's ears were burning. I have just received a call from Ineos, saying we haven't forgotten about your query etc etc.  Nice to get a follow up call.

Also received following email; Hi EC,        Thank you for your call.Regarding your request to make changes to your Grenadier, we will be sending you an email closer to your build date, asking if you would like to make any changes. Should you wish to, just click the link which will schedule a call from us to discuss with you what you would like changed. It is an exciting time for us to see our customers start to build and personalise their vehicles. If there is anything else we can help with, please do not hesitate to let me know.   Thanks,  INEOS Grenadier Customer Service

end

fair enough, I can't ask for more at this juncture 

Local time
Reaction score
Just had an email asking for my VAT no!, maybe things are moving

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
@Che

> I’m willing to give the team a fair amount of grace at this stage,

+1 

I abolutely agree! ?

I can only recommend to the nervous ones to

- either buy if everything has settled (i.e. in six months or so)
- or be patient.

Local time
Reaction score
I want this to work. I am aware that delays happen and that getting parts is far from easy but Ineos need to manage expectations better than they have.

Local time
Reaction score
Back at the end of June I emailed and called Ineos customer service. I mentioned at the time I didn't get very far with promises simply not kept. I had clicked to ask for a refund and at the start of July received a call making more promises that I would receive a call regarding changes in a couple of days. The deadline imposed by Ineos to make changes by the 8th of July. I spoke to a lady from my dealer in mid-July and was told that my order would be updated by the end of July. It is now the 4th of August and still nothing. If I wasn't aware of all the videos and vehicles appearing at shows I would think this entire thing is a scam. For all those Ineos apologists who will tell me to be patient, they may see this as a hobby vehicle and not required for work. I need to plan my purchase and also know how long I have to keep my current vehicle going. Perhaps this is a rich man's fantasy and will end the same way as Delorean back in the 1980s.

If the cars are delayed say so, if you are struggling to process orders say so. Even if there are thousands of orders that need to be changed manage them and keep customers informed. This may be a great car, designed by the best, built by Mercedes engineers with a great set of parts. The guy running the sales side obviously spends more time in the Grenadier pub than managing the sales department.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
Perhaps this is a rich man's fantasy and will end the same way as Delorean back in the 1980s.
You meen that Ratcliff will be prosecutetd for smugling kokain?

I totally agree with you that this is near to an information desaster. Maybe not for the reasons of the delay but for not talking at all. For me the IG is not a fun car but not needed badly for work neither. So I can watch and wait while reading interesting stuff in the forum. But this should not be the aimed customer for Ineos. So they have to inform customers who really need the car!

Local time
Reaction score
Ok, so not they are saying they will be delayed which is better than nothing. I was initially told October but my guess would be early 2023

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
For those who may be interested, ABC TV here in Australia are now replaying the entire three series of Bush Tucker Man. Thats about 30 episodes all up. So if you type in the following: Bush Tucker Man ABC TV it should show up.CheersLes Hiddins AMBush Tucker Man
Hey Les. This one just popped up

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have just tried calling Harwoods Southampton who are my designated Ineos dealer. I was informed that they had gained the dealership but had no showroom or staff. It was suggested that I try the online chat. I asked him if he knew of the vehicle and he said he did, âitâs that old 4x4â ?
Harwoods showroom on the way...

Screenshot_20221026_132043.jpg
1666605523153.jpeg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"...highly sustainable showroom....."

as in it won't blow away and will be easy to maintain?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Local time
Reaction score
That’s great, so you are putting in plans for a showroom for a vehicle which should have launched this month. My guess is that it won’t be built until the end of 2023. Give it a few more months and we may see the plans for the service department. There has been a big focus on building the car but a last minute rush on the sales and service. I have cancelled my order and have my deposit back.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s great, so you are putting in plans for a showroom for a vehicle which should have launched this month. My guess is that it won’t be built until the end of 2023. Give it a few more months and we may see the plans for the service department. There has been a big focus on building the car but a last minute rush on the sales and service. I have cancelled my order and have my deposit back.

This is the end of the planning process ~ approval rather than the start. If you look at the docs, some work was started back in January 2022.

Service Dept is part of this ~ see the floor plan:

Screenshot_20221026_185038.jpg
Screenshot_20221026_185307.jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
What you doing still lurking on the forum then lol? Yes it's been frustrating waiting for this vehicle and the delays have annoyed all of us... but the fact of the matter is they are not unexpected.

This project was huge in scope from the get go, and launched in one of the most turbulent times for manufacturers in recent decades. When they're ready to build my Grenadier, I'll be very happy, until then, I will wait patiently knowing the team at INEOS are working hard to get customer cars delivered without any quality issues.

Anyone who runs a business that deals with planning applications regularly, knows that this stuff takes a long long time. The Guys at Harwoods obviously already have facilities at their disposal, so the "grenadier area" still being finished up as cars roll out probably won't be the end of the world lol.

But hey, maybe I'm just a glass half full type and not a chronic pessimist like some people here 🤣

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:06 AM
Reaction score
But hey, maybe I'm just a glass half full type and not a chronic pessimist like some people here 🤣
So you are saying that if all the grumpy old men in all the villages left their villages, and formed their own village - of grumpy old men - in that village , he would be the grumpiest?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So you are saying that if all the grumpy old men in all the villages left their villages, and formed their own village - of grumpy old men - in that village , he would be the grumpiest?
That village better have good internet access so 50% of the people on this forum will still be able to access it.

Back
Top Bottom