The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cra-Cra, annoying sound from the rear...

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
For a while (not from the beginning) I have been hearing a sort of light, metallic cra-cra around the exhaust/rear various protections area. It appears when the gear is a little high compared to the speed and therefore it is certainly a resonance. At first I thought I had solved the problem by tightening the jack well inside its housing, but it reappeared after a while. We inspected underneath and the only suspect seems to be that silver sheet protection which is fixed only towards the center and has two wings free to vibrate. Obviously nothing major but, considering that the Grenadier is very silent even off-road, that cra-cra is irritating and doesn't seem difficult to resolve, once the origin has been identified...

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
in mine, the heat shield installed behind the rear underbody protection guard was loose. Try to tighten or jam something to prevent shaking.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
I can confirm. The heat shield is made of two thin sheets stacked on top of each other. When there is vibration, they vibrate against each other and make these noises.

Remedy: Use pliers to bend the two sheets together at the outer corners and press the fold together firmly.

Blind rivets are a tempting solution, but they are critical because the application of force is too selective and the panels are very likely to crack.

Back
Top Bottom