The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Contract

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
I looked at the video ... the guy is amazing, no doubt about it, otherwise he wouldn't have built INEOS and "or" Grenadier!
For me, he is a "hero" (I exaggerate here, but I admire him), but I am not, was never, and will never be a purely "Belgian" or Flemish or Walloon or Brasilian (my kids are half-Brasilians, or Polish or Hungarians ... some of my grand-kids are partially)
... eh ... the world is more and more global. He is British and only speaks about Britain, that's my only disappointment.
But he has a clear view, and rational: I don't like pure political views. I agree with 90% of what he is saying, 5% i disagree, and 5% I didn't understand because my mother tongue isn't English :)
My opinion: He's undoubtedly a local patriot, in the most positive sense. Nothing to be disappointed about, in my view. And he is having a really hard time, since his contribution to his homeland obviously seems to be continuously underestimated by the political class.
By far not every aspect of globalization is positive; just denying your roots doesn't make you a citizen of the world...

I think we get in trouble soon when we have to explain to Stu what all this has to do with "Contracts" ;-)

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The video you linked has it's own thread ~ so you can't really go off topic with these thoughts there 😉
Wow, didn't notice! The full credits (+ a bonus) is yours!!
Thanks!
What I don't understand: No (zero) comments on YT on this video. Or did I miss they don't allow comments?

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
Still no contract despite my agent saying in Dec he could see it for Jan manufacture on his dealer portal.

Spoke to Ineos today, confirmed they can see a Jan 13/14th build, but can also see i havent had contract. They'll check daily and let me know asap.......

If they'd said Jan 11th build it would be a birthday gift ...... but that's one for the average age thread ( 61 if you must know)

Fieldmaster diesel, black grey seats , privacy glass and towbar. Donny Grey.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:45 PM
Reaction score
Still no contract despite my agent saying in Dec he could see it for Jan manufacture on his dealer portal.

Spoke to Ineos today, confirmed they can see a Jan 13/14th build, but can also see i havent had contract. They'll check daily and let me know asap.......

If they'd said Jan 11th build it would be a birthday gift ...... but that's one for the average age thread ( 61 if you must know)

Fieldmaster diesel, black grey seats , privacy glass and towbar. Donny Grey.
same as you, no contract 13th Jan build date [ which is a friday by the way !] and will see when it gets delivered. best of luck and keep the faith

Clunster

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I also think we will get our car's ...
But indeed Ineos is standing it's own way.
There are some contradictions: sir Jim is British; he decided finally to build his "German-Italian- ..." (Carraro) car in Austria (prototypes) and finally in France in a German factory (Mercedes) with a German motor (BMW) ...
"Sir Jim" decided to vote BREXIT!!!!!!
Hmmm ... why build your car on "The Continent" then, business as usual?
With due respect to "Jim", looks to be a nice guy, with his own beliefs (y)
No contradiction, JR is married to an Italian and loves Europe, investing heavily in the continent. Like many he isn't keen on EU governance, a completely separate issue that some people conflate to make weak political points.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just called the Ineos hotline and was told that my build date is January, 17th. 😲

Though no contract yet.
Good news, was Jan you previous (last updated) build slot?

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score

I just called the Ineos hotline and was told that my build date is January, 17th. 😲

Though no contract yet.
Without a contract, it is very unlikely that the Grenadier will be built in January. Ineos sends out the contracts in such a way that there is subsequently no excessive waiting time before delivery. Vehicles are first built for those who also have purchase contracts. This is what I have been told by Ineos.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
Reading between the lines of Mark Tenant's comments in the Car Magazine article provided by Jeremy996, it's not surprising that there's a disconnect between contracts and production, especially when IA had 'promised' that they would allow 'late' changes (within reason). They may be relying on the enthusiasm of early deposit customers and pushing ahead on those specced builds to get a baseline. It must be a logistics organisational nightmare considering that the whole assembly line could grind to a halt due to disruption to a common part... for example harnesses, windscreens or even wheelnuts. No wonder he said they're proceeding "gently" and investing in "quality circles" to get up the learning curve! I think they're probably trying to build component inventory so as to achieve a substantial uninterrupted production run...
Meanwhile I have a house to paint and decks to oil before the wet season settles in.. the arrival of the Grenadier in a few months is a " motivation treat" !!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Good news, was Jan you previous (last updated) build slot?
Yes, it was.

The guy told me "you're among the first ones in Germany to get a Grenadier."
Nice.

Then, I heard my wife call out from the kitchen: "That's what they tell them all."

😭

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom