The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Communication is ZERO! Does anyone know what is going on? (INEOS Automotive)

Big C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
Is anyone in the same position as me?

1. In December I was told my vehicle would be manufactured on 13th January (just like many others) and delivered 1st February.
  2. Then of course I heard nothing since.
  3. So I called my supplying dealer - who knew nothing, except February looks good. But I had to call them.
  4. On the 24th January, I messaged Ineos who say that their computer still says end of January/early February looks good for delivery and it should be in production now.
  5. I then check the INEOS website which doesn't show in PRODUCTION.
  6. Why oh why, can they not all sing from the same hymn sheet? Maybe take away the website - "in production" tab.
I will be honest, this is the worst buying experience of anything I have ever purchased. If I hadn't signed the contract I would have walked away, regardless of how good or bad the vehicle MAY be.
First batch will be shipped tomorrow into the UK..Should be with dealers by the 2nd Feb..then up to 8 days with dealers and then available to customers..

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
First batch will be shipped tomorrow into the UK..Should be with dealers by the 2nd Feb..then up to 8 days with dealers and then available to customers..
Where did you get this info from? Hopefully this includes mine!

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
I called the 0800-number (Ineos) this morning. Mike told me that the production is running fine, but they still have problems with the contracts. I told him, that I´ve got my contract since November - "oh you are a lucky guy" he answered. They will send me an E-Mail in the next two or three weeks with information about the delivery date, so Mike told me. I hope so. The contract said: delivery date 1st of February - that will not happen, I know.

Doesn´t matter. I´m glad that I will do my next desert-tour (March - Tunesia) with my Toyota - and in this car there is still enough work for me to do...:cool:

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
I have today contacted via email Ms Calder (CEO - Ineos Automotive) expressing my thoughts on the current communications situation.

If a response is received, which means it got past the CEO’s executive assistant (first hurdle), I’ll provide an update here.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Normally most wait for the new plate even though it doesn't hold the same value as when it happened once a year! I have had people say they would like it on a 72 plate though as these will always be know as the very first vehicles on the road, whether that is worth anything probably not, until maybe 20 years down the line.

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Normally most wait for the new plate even though it doesn't hold the same value as when it happened once a year! I have had people say they would like it on a 72 plate though as these will always be know as the very first vehicles on the road, whether that is worth anything probably not, until maybe 20 years down the line.
Hi @Halliwell Jones Chester,

If I can put you on the spot, what's your take on Ineos' radio silence? Does your crystal ball see the supposed log jam moving again soon?

My guess is the Ineos dealers are lobbying hard in the background for some improvement to communications other than the well publicized press junkets and promotional tours?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A dealer told me that from next week on there will be a „management update“ for the dealers every two weeks. It seems like the try to find a way of communication at least with the dealers.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing to stop it going on a 72 plate later though, is there?

I would have thought 20 years down the road, it's going to be all about the VIN?
Nothing stopping you buying a private 72 plate for the vehicle but if it's registered in March it would be auto issued with a 23 plate. They may come with a build month sticker in them like all BMW's do inside the door which would make it even easier.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Halliwell Jones Chester,

If I can put you on the spot, what's your take on Ineos' radio silence? Does your crystal ball see the supposed log jam moving again soon?

My guess is the Ineos dealers are lobbying hard in the background for some improvement to communications other than the well publicized press junkets and promotional tours?
Yes we are all working hard and we do relay everyone's opinions and concerns back. I do see things moving forward yes, difficult to go into on a public forum but everyone is flat out at the minute. Emails coming through well into the night right now with deliveries just round the corner.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A dealer told me that from next week on there will be a „management update“ for the dealers every two weeks. It seems like the try to find a way of communication at least with the
Yes we are all working hard and we do relay everyone's opinions and concerns back. I do see things moving forward yes, difficult to go into on a public forum but everyone is flat out at the minute. Emails coming through well into the night right now with deliveries just round the corner.
Thanks, that’s good to hear👍

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I appreciate it that you try to explain what you are not allowed to tell us. The fact that you show some positive vibes is worth a lot for me!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
Yes, it will start soon. Hold still a little longer. I told you to wait until the beginning of February. That's not long now.
Give the people at INEOS and especially the trading partners time. Get to know the car and get it ready for you to collect. Because they also have to gain experience and carry out the maintenance first.

Back
Top Bottom