The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Carexpert.com.au review (Australia)

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score
That sounds resoundingly positive. For me, I'm sure the steering will feel a lot more accurate than the recirculating ball set up in my now 400tkm old Mercedes W123!

Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
After skimming I we the article I'm most interested in the steering (wish they'd announce the Feb US test drives) in hopes it's not over-bearing. Also, wonder what they mean the overhead panel is flimsy / feels like it could easily be torn off.

Interesting they said emergency braking would be in place for 2024. So curious what else is on deck for next year.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
RHD Footrest remains a problem in production vehicles by the looks of it. That coupled with the windscreen wiper issue reeks of LHD design engineers ignoring the RHD market... seems odd they didn't tackle both of these known issues from the test vehicles as they have been around for more than a year... plenty of time to fix these properly.

I hope the AUS batch has an overhead panel that is 'fixed' ie as tight as those security screens can hold!

Either way, it seems like this vehicles release will be a big success and ill deal with these RHD design flaws anyway because the truck is capable and fits my needs!

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
That was fun - a good read. As I have spent about an hour in the vehicle on various off road test drives, I can firmly say the raised footrest was of no consequence to me and that the wipers were fine - it rained at Newark!

I'm intrigued that they gave it a 9 for running costs; the Facebook whiners have been making lots of noise about the fuel consumption; I suppose comparing like for like helps

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:21 PM
Reaction score
Very positive, especially from a US perspective. I am pretty sure they will fix 'niggling' quality issues quickly - certainly by 2024 (which is the earliest I expect US deliveries).

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
If they made such a point of the window wipers sweep I'm sad they didn't post a photo.

Maybe an easy fix,
  • next sized up blade replacement
  • assuming its a spline drive? move 1 or 2 splines to raise the park position and further the sweep position towards the A pillar
  • it sounds drastic, but I've bent wiper arms in the past a few degrees to get what I wanted.....
Just a few ideas.

They seem to like the Grenadier more than Top Gear!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
If they made such a point of the window wipers sweep I'm sad they didn't post a photo.

Maybe an easy fix,
  • assuming its a spline drive? move 1 or 2 splines to raise the park position and further the sweep position towards the A pillar
  • it sounds drastic, but I've bent wiper arms in the past a few degrees to get what I wanted.....
Just a few ideas.

I think so to. Every balanced reporting journalist needs some negative points to show he reports balanced. If those are the negative points I am happy!

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Maybe an easy fix,
Just a few ideas.

you can see the problem here, looks more like the wiper mount meeds moving over

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 17.26.06.png

Local time
Reaction score
Globally pleased by the review. However wondering about some stuffs, they do link an accessories presentation by the end of the article.
Went through it, most of the said accessories aren't available in the web configurator (like the rock sliders). Is that an intended thing? FOMO :D

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
That was fun - a good read. As I have spent about an hour in the vehicle on various off road test drives, I can firmly say the raised footrest was of no consequence to me and that the wipers were fine - it rained at Newark!

I'm intrigued that they gave it a 9 for running costs; the Facebook whiners have been making lots of noise about the fuel consumption; I suppose comparing like for like helps
Most of the Facebook posters have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.
I saw some goose who expected it to be 6l/100km in a modern designed vehicle.
I assumed he didn't understand the aerodynamics of a 2.7 tonne brick outhouse.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
RHD Footrest remains a problem
I can only 'remain' a problem it it is a problem at all. As things stand most of us feel comfortable with it.
That coupled with the windscreen wiper issue reeks of LHD design engineers ignoring the RHD market...

The windshield wipers are arranged individually for LHD and RHD. So it seems to me rather that RHD/LHD peculiarities have actually been taken care of.

But this could mean that the unwiped area appears accordingly on the left side.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can only 'remain' a problem it it is a problem at all. As things stand most of us feel comfortable with it.

The windshield wipers are arranged individually for LHD and RHD. So it seems to me rather that RHD/LHD peculiarities have actually been taken care of.

But this could mean that the unwiped area appears accordingly on the left side.
Wish they went for the 3 wipers like the FJ.

Back
Top Bottom