The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Top Gear

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
I can’t see where anyone has posted this….
Maybe a rehash from an earlier review.

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews...GqhvyarN0AF1JuROUyjQ3SXegvQeAIdxvZGhTBWxaBCEg

Some of the content quoted here I like
Most start-ups are electric or dreamers making low-volume, often pointless sports cars.

My opinion not only sports cars - any real offroader in electric and going to the middle of nowhere - like what Sir Jim did with the Series 1 LR and some other historic 4WD plus Grendiers - is still impossible. There is rarely a super charger in the desert.

The Ineos Grenadier is indivisible from the man who owns the giant company that makes it, a pioneer who thinks big and tends to get things done. This automatically makes it fascinating, even if the end result isn’t exactly ground-breaking.

My opinion - must everything always be "ground breaking" ? - I like old school.

But we’re back to that fitness for purpose thing. The Grenadier is exceptionally well-engineered and does exactly what it sets out to do: go places most cars can’t without falling apart, and do it with some imagination and a dose of British idiosyncrasy.
(y)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:07 PM
Reaction score
Agree in principle Klarie, but have another read of the “diff lock issues” thread before you confidently say they won’t fall apart 😝

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
Agree in principle Klarie, but have another read of the “diff lock issues” thread before you confidently say they won’t fall apart 😝
I did read the thread indeed. Also I ordered the rough package including all diff locks. Of course I cannot yet contribute to the difflock topic as I do not yet own a Grenadier since mine is due in somewhat 4 weeks.. according to contract.

the topic of diff lock will then come up once I am in a position to test this. And for sure the time will come I will need the diff locks and I hope the locks will not fall into piece. we will see

Back
Top Bottom