The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Camp King RTT anyone?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
I went by a local outfitter in NorCal today to look at RTT and the camp King looked like a real solid unit. I loved the welds in the aluminum and the canvas looked like quality.
I know it's made in Australia, anyone on the forum have any experience with them?
At 90.5" long will it cover up the safari windows?

Not the cheapest tent they had.

The folks in the store suggest electric blanket over diesel or propane heater. Any thoughts on that too?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
They've had very good reviews and appear to be a quality product. Small company, essentially build to order.
At effectively AUD$10k (US$6,500) each delivered, 90kg (200lbs) they are expensive and heavy in comparison for example to the iKamper even in Australia, especially for the occasional weekend away or 4 week trip ...

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
They are currently on sale where I live at $5k usd. About 20% more than what I can buy the iKamper for where I live (about $4,200).

At that price it's in the ball park for me.
Do you know if it the safari windows can be opened with this installed? I don't have measurements of the roof behind the safari windows.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
$5-$6k USD for a RTT? Thats wild. I would take a look at roof nest or others if you want a hard shell. Have you used a RTT before? If not consider buying a used tepui or something similar first. See if you like it and how often you use it. If you like the RTT thing once you have a couple dozen nights under your belt you can sell the tepui for what you bought it for and then figure out what you really want.

Back
Top Bottom