The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cabin over-pressure vent - door closing issue

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
So the build quality of these things is pretty great. You have to essentially slam the doors to get them to close, but they are stout as hell. After a few weeks of slamming the doors I realized if I had a window open I didn't have to slam them at all. Is there not a vent to relieve over-pressure like many other production cars and trucks have?

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So the build quality of these things is pretty great. You have to essentially slam the doors to get them to close, but they are stout as hell. After a few weeks of slamming the doors I realized if I had a window open I didn't have to slam them at all. Is there not a vent to relieve over-pressure like many other production cars and trucks have?
There is, it’s on both of the rear doors

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
I have this exact same issue but with only one of the doors. If I open a window or another door, I have absolutely no problem. The cabin air pressure vents are on the rear and you can hear them rattle when you slam the doors.

I have nailed this down to the outer door seal being too air tight on this problem door. The outer seals are stuck down (both front doors are not exactly the same). They have no channels to follow but the contour of the door. The problem door is fitted too tight and ideally a new seal is required I think or maybe the alternative is to adjust the door striker slightly outwards if that’s possible. I have currently left it until the next visit to the dealers.

Local time
Reaction score
Is everyone in need of muscles. Sorry for being sarcastic but the build and gaskets are what makes it feel solid Slam it shut.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
I think the vents should also be allowing a slow exchange of fresh air at all times. I think this was mandated on U.S. vehicles decades ago to prevent CO poisoning.

Back
Top Bottom