The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vacuum vents

TheChuckleMonkey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

An issue I had early on with the car was with the windows open at speeds over 20mph I could hear a banging noise from the rear load compartment. I could also recreate one bang by slamming the doors.

Took the car to the dealer and the technician took the outer rear pillar covers off and behind them there is a plastic skeleton that has five rubber flaps secured on two pins each at the top. These were the creators of the noise as air going through the cabin and in to the inner trim then out through the vacuum vents was creating a resonance causing them to hit the plastic skeleton. If you were to take the flaps off water could get in when you washed or it rained heavily in that direction to the inside of the trim.

Solution.... superglue the bottom edge of the flaps so that air can still exit through the unsecured sides but they do not bang.

Has been passed up to Ineos I believe so hopefully there will be a proper fix in the future.

TCM

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
Somehow the 1.8 million km of testing didn't pick that up?

• Haha
Reactions: CB

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I know others that have the issue.

They need a little weight on their lower edges to dampen them a little.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Didn't drive with windows open? Does seem strange though and I don't know if anyone else has experienced it.
I don't intend to drive with the windows down. I can honestly say in over 55 years of motoring I can count on one hand the number of times I've driven with the windows down. Even in the wife's convertible cars with the roof down I still put the windows up.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’d rather have the windows down than the aircon on.
Maybe Scotland is like South Africa where you get robbed at the traffic lights if you stop with your windows down 🤔

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't intend to drive with the windows down. I can honestly say in over 55 years of motoring I can count on one hand the number of times I've driven with the windows down. Even in the wife's convertible cars with the roof down I still put the windows up.
not a big curry fan then?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe Scotland is like South Africa where you get robbed at the traffic lights if you stop with your windows down 🤔
No, it's a noise thing. Went 100 miles down the motorway last week in the wife's car with the roof down. I had ear plugs in whilst on the motorway. The screaming from the transmission on wagons when they are at speed is unbearable

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No it's only the Scottish government that does the mugging north of the border, then blames it all on Westminster for not giving them enough money.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
I often open the roof, drop the windows and turn the music up.
It also causes my right foot to flex pushing the accelerator pedal down.

Back
Top Bottom