The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bye bye Def...

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
A little sad... after sixteen years of honorable service and sharing at work and in my free time, this afternoon I removed everything from the Defender that shouldn't be transferred to the new owner, in view of the imminent, I hope, delivery of the Gren . Furthermore, after the heart surgery I underwent I was advised not to drive for a couple of months, so I hastened the delivery of the Defender, so as not to see it get covered in dust...
By now I was so fond of the Def that, this summer, in the mountains, seeing it from the hotel window, I was almost determined to sell the turbo Porsche (30 years with me...) and keep the def. Then reason prevailed...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
A little sad... after sixteen years of honorable service and sharing at work and in my free time, this afternoon I removed everything from the Defender that shouldn't be transferred to the new owner, in view of the imminent, I hope, delivery of the Gren . Furthermore, after the heart surgery I underwent I was advised not to drive for a couple of months, so I hastened the delivery of the Defender, so as not to see it get covered in dust...
By now I was so fond of the Def that, this summer, in the mountains, seeing it from the hotel window, I was almost determined to sell the turbo Porsche (30 years with me...) and keep the def. Then reason prevailed...

Yes keep the old Porsche. It will be the last classic I part with , after the others have been pried from my clutches by "caring family members*!

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes keep the old Porsche. It will be the last classic I part with , after the others have been pried from my clutches by "caring family members*!
What's more, in addition to the emotional side, the price of the 964 turbo (and mine is like new after 33 years) has reached stratospheric levels, so if I had sold it I wouldn't have known how to reinvest the difference...:D

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
What's more, in addition to the emotional side, the price of the 964 turbo (and mine is like new after 33 years) has reached stratospheric levels, so if I had sold it I wouldn't have known how to reinvest the difference...:D
It was stratospheric 5-6 years ago , when prices of old 911s went ballistic!

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It was stratospheric 5-6 years ago , when prices of old 911s went ballistic!
A new one has been added to the bubble of 5-6 years ago for the 964 models and in particular the turbos which in the last year have had further growth in Europe up to €145-160,000 in good condition and mine is like new with 90k km. Virtual quotation for me because the final decision was that it will remain in the family…

Back
Top Bottom