The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Buzz Special Vehicles / Buzz Overland.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
Hi Shaky,

The Cargo rack doesn't need the cargo barrier to work and as such can be used as a standalone accessory. Our Cargo barrier does bolt onto the shelf to keep it rigid. We can offer a bracket for the cargo barrier so that it can be used without the shelf if one wanted to go that route.

The idea behind the rack is to provide additional storage space, whether you are running our drawer and fridge slide system or not. It also effectively provides a wider load area than the boot floor does. We envisage folk possible storing Bags, Gun boxes, camping chairs or whatever else one would need for the pursuit they are carrying out.

View attachment 7823071View attachment 7823072
View attachment 7823073

In terms of the cost, this shelf is by far the most complex of our accessories and is made up of 14no. components. We designed it this way to achieve a few things, namely:
1. Ensure it is incredibly rigid and be able to hold a decent amount of load.
2. Allow up to 100mm of height adjustment, in 25mm increments.
3. To maximise the width size of the shelf and allow it to be practically installed into he vehicle without having to force it in and scratch up any plastics or the like in the process.
4. Enable us to keep the packing size within the constraints of what we can ship without having to use a pallet service.

The frame of the cargo rack also provides additional funtionalitly, both side brackets have Molle cut outs as well as M6 holes for the ability to bolt or strap accessories to this. One use we thought was quite handy on the drawer side was to mount an ARB compressor. The bracket we had on display at the game fair was a pre production version. The production version has a flange with cut outs for an ARB air Chuck and carling switch. We'll be releasing this soon.
View attachment 7823075

See below for a few screenshots of the frame, this will give you a better idea of what has gone into the design and what the makeup of the rack is.

View attachment 7823074

I hope that explains what our idea behind the rack is, we've seen this utilised very effectively on the Jeep Wrangler Platform, so thought it would make sense to implement for the Grenadier.

Cheers
Ryan
I see this Grenadier kitted out with those drawers is for sale. People are shifting them on with very low miles.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
I see this Grenadier kitted out with those drawers is for sale. People are shifting them on with very low miles.
I Happen to know the history of that vehicle. As I understand, Shifting it on wasn't anything to do with the vehicle itself.

Back
Top Bottom