The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build month and delays.....

Pessimal

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
For a few days now my estimated build timeslot is back to September for some reason 🤣 and no, no-one contacted me to sign the contract.

Nixon_04

Contract Signed
Local time
2:10 PM
Reaction score
Last week IG customer-service told me the planned delivery will be in "spring". 2 weeks before they told me the delivery date is scheduled to 02ndNov 2022. Online I still see the production date Sep2022, but no contract received. Full understanding for the current delays, but the customer service communication drives me crazy.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
The contract is handled via the dealership or we just wake up one day and its in our inbox?

Pessimal

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, but wait to you chase things in November, and get told you didn't return your signed contract, so your order has been cancelled...
Sad to say at this stage I wouldn't be surprised, communication has been lackluster

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
The contract is handled via the dealership or we just wake up one day and its in our inbox?
Your contract will come direct from INEOS as it is them who are selling you the car. Same with the final payment, the dealer/agent won't be taking money from you, you will be paying INEOS direct.

Final payment will more than likely be requested once the car lands in the UK to make sure they have cleared funds for when you collect from your preferred agent.

Steve.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Your contract will come direct from INEOS as it is them who are selling you the car. Same with the final payment, the dealer/agent won't be taking money from you, you will be paying INEOS direct.

Final payment will more than likely be requested once the car lands in the UK to make sure they have cleared funds for when you collect from your preferred agent.

Steve.
Tks Steve 👍. I'll send the dealer a mail when I receive it.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

Steve.
By bank transfer, I guess? At least, my credit card's limit is somewhat below 80K ...

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
By bank transfer, I guess? At least, my credit card's limit is somewhat below 80K ...
Don't the exact way yet but I would assume it will be by the way of bank transfer with possibly your order number as reference or straight through your login page via a payment gateway.

Will not be paid direct to the dealer though.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, Steve.

> the way of bank transfer with possibly your order number as reference
Best way imho.

> via a payment gateway
For the sake of a 'Lastschrift' (debit advice?) this was OK. But no way for a 'Überweisung' (money transfer?) as this would mean to grant the gateway access to my bank account. The reliability of their online services in no way deserve trust for even a single cent for non-refundable payments.

But that's not your problem, of course. ;-)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if several of us will have problems getting the final payment through…just like the order debacle !!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if several of us will have problems getting the final payment through…just like the order debacle !!
I am sure you can pay via bank transfer.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hope dies last ... ;-)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am sure you can pay via bank transfer.
sorry bemax it was a tongue in cheek comment. I know there will be no problem paying the balance.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
Thank you, Steve.

> the way of bank transfer with possibly your order number as reference
Best way imho.

> via a payment gateway
For the sake of a 'Lastschrift' (debit advice?) this was OK. But no way for a 'Überweisung' (money transfer?) as this would mean to grant the gateway access to my bank account. The reliability of their online services in no way deserve trust for even a single cent for non-refundable payments.

But that's not your problem, of course. ;-)
I do direct bank transfers every week with no problem. $10K normal limit but I have had a temporary limit increase twice allowing $50K & $100K. Never a problem. We have OSKO instantaneous transfer so it is in the other account within a minute for most banks. We don't have any credit cards so it makes it much easier when you want to purchase things.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
I guess I am very lucky compared to you guys who have been following this for many years. I only found out about the vehicle in February this year, reserved one in March and ordered it in July. I don't want delivery until May/June 2023 so my concern was if it came too early. My build date was April 2023 so I assumed late June delivery. My build date recently changed to March 2023 so now late May early June delivery. Pretty much perfect for me.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I do direct bank transfers every week with no problem. $10K normal limit but I have had a temporary limit increase twice allowing $50K & $100K. Never a problem. We have OSKO instantaneous transfer so it is in the other account within a minute for most banks. We don't have any credit cards so it makes it much easier when you want to purchase things.
This is a common payment method here in Germany.

A "bank transfer" is something I actively initiate. With a "direct debit" (?), a creditor deducts the money from my account after I have given permission. This is how we usually pay our electricity, car tax, insurance, anything that is recurring.

The important difference is that I can't withdraw a transfer once I've initiated it. But I can object to any direct debit and usually get my money back first.

For some years now, it has also been possible for a company to initiate a transfer for me via a payment portal. In this case, you have to enter the password of your bank account (!) via a so-called 'trusted' and 'encrypted' and God knows what else for security measures protected system. They claim.

This was introduced for convenience, they say: 'you can pay directly, it's safe and convenient'.

Yes, that's true. But the morons all over the world don't realize that they are actually initiating a wire transfer and thus have no chance of ever getting their money back if the payment system has been hacked, the company is a scammer, or the gateway was perhaps written by the developers that programmed the Ineos configurator.

I would never ever let software programmed by I don't know who get the password to my bank account.

This is what I meant above. Just to clarify the difference between the various payment methods and their pitfalls.

Back
Top Bottom