The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build month and delays.....

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
This is a common payment method here in Germany.

A "bank transfer" is something I actively initiate. With a "direct debit" (?), a creditor deducts the money from my account after I have given permission. This is how we usually pay our electricity, car tax, insurance, anything that is recurring.

The important difference is that I can't withdraw a transfer once I've initiated it. But I can object to any direct debit and usually get my money back first.

For some years now, it has also been possible for a company to initiate a transfer for me via a payment portal. In this case, you have to enter the password of your bank account (!) via a so-called 'trusted' and 'encrypted' and God knows what else for security measures protected system. They claim.

This was introduced for convenience, they say: 'you can pay directly, it's safe and convenient'.

Yes, that's true. But the morons all over the world don't realize that they are actually initiating a wire transfer and thus have no chance of ever getting their money back if the payment system has been hacked, the company is a scammer, or the gateway was perhaps written by the developers that programmed the Ineos configurator.

I would never ever let software programmed by I don't know who get the password to my bank account.

This is what I meant above. Just to clarify the difference between the various payment methods and their pitfalls.
I agree with you 100%. I don't even do direct debit payments I organise recurring payments from my account myself. I have a separate account for them. Many years ago I had a business loan with ANZ Bank in Australia, which I didn't bank with, and they set up a direct debit from an ANZ account I set up exclusively for that purpose. I deposited funds automatically in the account every month and they would get direct debited to pay the loan. After almost 2 years of running smoothly I didn't pay any attention until a received a letter saying I had defaulted on my loan. I checked my bank and money was going into the ANZ account as usual but the direct debit had stopped 4 months previously. Turns out it was a glitch on their system. I could prove that I was trying to pay it but they still had it as a default and I couldn't do anything about it. It took over a year to sort out and get it off my credit rating. Since then no direct debits.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
They drive me crazy. Now the build date has changed back to September. That is NOW! Can we believe them?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
They drive me crazy. Now the build date has changed back to September. That is NOW! Can we believe them?
8.5 days to lay the first bolt - not impossible, my heart is optimistic for you but my head is doubtful!!! Allegedly 4 weeks to build from keel laying to delivery (in Germany) all going well, uce etc etc.

The other planned process was contract signing 60 days out from delivery so either they are building without getting you signed up on the dotted line, or something is wrong on the build date.

However it works out I wish you an earliest as possible delivery, blue skies and fair winds!

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is still down as October build. No sniff of a contract yet.
As a commercial two seat the build may be selected as an easy start perhaps.
A

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
just received below (based UK) in answer to my request today to change nappa to leather option (steering wheel/handbrake).

Hi,

Nice to hear from you again, I hope you are having a good week so far.

60 days before your build date you will receive an Email from us asking if you require any additional changes on your vehicle and if you do to click the link contained within it.
Once you click the link you will be contacted by a member of the team and they will go through the changes you desire.

Alternatively you can go into your local dealership and request any changes to them before that date if you so wish.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

INEOS Grenadier Customer Service

end
So it would appear they still are planning on sending the contracts 60 days prior to build date (mine is Dec so not overdue yet). So unless the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing by that update it would mean earliest build dates are late Nov.

Again very much a moving target and perhaps 60 becomes 30.......

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Nice to see Customer Services referring to their retail partners/agents as dealerships... 🙈

That aside, do they have actually have access to change your configuration online there and then; and if so why can't we do it ourselves at home. Seems a confusing way to sell a vehicle "direct".
No we don't have access to change your spec right now. It will come in time, but for now it will be speaking to your agent/dealer and they will send the configuration change to INEOS. INEOS will send each agent a batch of customers who have requested an amendment to their car on a month by month basis until we can do it for you.

Steve

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
So adding an additional tier of admin, or are Ineos ramping down their outsourced Customer Services as they ramp up retail partner/agent involvement?

So is this for you to make that phone call to the customer that's currently being done by Ineos?

It does seem to suggest that Ineos aren't offering the fully digital experience they said they would for those customers that wanted it?
Our involvement will keep increasing as and when allowed through INEOS themselves and the systems they have in place. As for winding down customer service, I would think this is a no for now, especially at this early stage.

As for not offering the fully digital experience, this wil come in time and for most people, it already is digital to a large extent. This issue has been with the sheer volume of spec changes, and the agent not having the ability to change those specs without having to contact INEOS direct.

This will become a seamless model as the portal is very straight forward with no none essential fluff put in. Like anything it will be developed over time, but for the short future your spec changes will be done through your agent who will then pass your new spec on to INEOS.

Steve.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Both issues seem self inflicted by Ineos ~ as admitted by Justin Hocevar, launching before things were really ready...

And both issues would effectively disappear if the customer could configure and re-configure to their hearts content, right up to the point the spec needs freezing for production scheduling/contract signing.
I configured and re-configured 50 times or more up to the point when I placed my order. I have saved several other configurations since then with minor changes but haven't contacted Ineos. When they contact me to sign the contract I will probably make a couple of minor changes.
That way I am not wasting their time when they are extremely busy getting things up and running.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:01 AM
Reaction score
I no longer have a bloody build month it's just blank :unsure: could be a good or bad thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: PBD

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My build month 10/22 - Germany also just disappeared. So let's see what will happen during the day. I hope the best.

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Yeh mine is blank now too. Was October

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully this will give us all a more realistic build / delivery schedule .

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I have just made a call to INEOS direct over build dates disappearing and it is just updates being done in the back end so they shut the front end down whilst they do this. (Front end, being the part you see)
(y)

Exciting times. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom