The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build month and delays.....

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
Hi Nixon_04, I’m interested in how Ineos communicated the delivery date. Can I ask if you’ve sighted a contract yet?

From the PTO-2 I saw today and the associated discussion I got the feeling there is a little more to do on the Ineos side before Ineos are ready with a production vehicle. It could be though that HQ is powering along and not passing info onto their country reps.

Last edited:

Nixon_04

Contract Signed
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Hi Off.grid, the delivery date was mentioned as I earlier asked in July for a shift of the production date. So I heard also first time from a planned delivery date. The contract I have also not yet seen. I think, plans will/can change as they have to manage so many things to make the start of production/sales happen.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a call from UK today.

They wanted to inform me that my chosen dealer is not a Ineos partner anymore. So I had to choose a new one.

They confirmed to me that they originally aimed at sending the contract out this week but have been stopped on short notice. Hopefully they can send them out next week.

Nevertheless they told me that delivery would be about 60 days after signing the contract.

So picking up my new car will not be possible before mid of November. After the call I had a short chat with my former dealer who told me that the partnership with Ineos did not worked out very well.

To me it seemed that the communication with the dealers is similar to the communication with the customers. So it is possible that one some dealers quit the partnership before even beginning it.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Which dealer was it?

The one closest to you?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Markötter in Bielefeld. I coud have reached him from my office by foot :mad:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Bad luck. The next one is Thiemann, quite a bit longer distance.

What if you pick up the car at Thiemann but let it maintain at Markötter?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thiemann is the dealer of choice and would have been before if Markötter wasn’t that close to me. Nevertheless I order to buy „in the neighbourhood“
Ineos told me that they try to establish a service at max. 30 km from every customer in Germany.
So it’s not to bad not live in Australia if you only look at this particular thing 😀

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I noticed that a few dealers that initially signed on also represent Landrover. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a very negative response and some pressure from them to drop INeos

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
I got a call from my dealer saying that according to a phone call with Ineos, the contracts are not yet finalised. Ineos does not want to comment on possible price increases, as this could be part of it.

At least he can now find my vehicle in his system and has confirmed the configuration.
The production month of October is supposedly confirmed, since I haven't made a single change since I ordered the car. The vehicle is still due to be collected from the dealer in November. I am curious to see if this is confirmed

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
Good luck Rovie. Hope no price or date change 🤞

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Rear camera and driver's door actuator failed on the D4 this week, pain in the arse. I know I signed up for this when I bought a Landy and it adds to an ever growing maintenance list but also makes me anticipate the IG ever more!!!!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday the starter motor in my Discovery failed. Okay, it was built in 1999 and now has 210 k on the clock. At the moment I'm in my workshop, replacing the part and chatting in parallel here in the forum. Everything is very relaxed!

ECrider, I hope for you, that your issues will also be resolved soon. We don't yet know what's in store for us with the Grenadier.
For all those who will get their vehicle later, I hope that we will be guinea pigs and that the problems will be solved by the time you take delivery.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A
Rear camera and driver's door actuator failed on the D4 this week, pain in the arse. I know I signed up for this when I bought a Landy and it adds to an ever growing maintenance list but also makes me anticipate the IG ever more!!!!
A mate of my in law just picked up his brand spanking new Defender this week, lasted 1 day before it was back in the workshop. Front and Rear Airbag suspension were not talking to each other - rear suspension pumps all the way up in super extend mode for no reason. :eek:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lots of cups of tea in order for the workshop Rovie!

That nee defender mustve looked like Penelope Pittstops motor!!!

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just found this on the internet:

The start of production for the "Ineos Grenadier" off-road vehicle in Hambach near Saargemünd has been further delayed. This was announced by the car division of the Ineos conglomerate. The reason for this are delivery problems with several parts of the vehicle. The start of production of the "Grenadier" had already been postponed several times in the past. According to Ineos, production should start this month. The "Grenadier" is a successor to the Landrover Defender, which was discontinued in 2016. SAARTEXT from September 10th, 2022

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-10 um 18.24.31.png

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have to say I was more than a little surprised that a few JLR dealers have popped up as Grenadier agents.

Yes, you'd expect the obvious unofficial pressure from JLR's side if there's nothing contractual with regard to peer/competing brands (although that's a separate point of contention); but I'm also surprised that Ineos feel JLR main dealers, in their Gin Palaces, have "the right stuff" to represent them appropriately.
I think that now JLR have made a conscious decision to completely abandon the utility side of the business and go solely for the aspirational market, the Grenadier presents absolutely no threat to the brand.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would agree with DCPU that some including myself would look at the Disco 6, I mean new Defender if the IG was not made. Probably would buy a 2nd hand one though in a few years.

Different vehicles and approach granted.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
In principle Cheshire is right. There is not a vehicle in the Landrover range that competes, however a lot of people will choose between the IG, Defender and the Discovery, and this will be more prevalent when the IG hits the road.

Most will probably go down the LR route, due to the thinking that they won’t need the more hardcore IG and the LR offerings are more comfy and luxurious.

In my opinion that‘s all well and good whilst the LR vehicles are in warranty, after that. I wouldn’t touch the modern iterations from LR with a barge pole.

I love the Disco 4 but wouldn’t have one because I don’t want the heartache and expense. It’s probably the best looking 4x4 in my eyes.

LR are probably thinking they want to kill off IA before they start bringing out other models such as a smaller more urban orientated vehicle. They must know they can’t stop the IG being released now but it’s not stopping them throwing a few banana skins to try and slow it down.

Back
Top Bottom