The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Body Color

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:59 PM
Reaction score
Solid White

Solid White

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Solid Mushroom

Solid Mushroom 

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score

Solid Light Blue

Solid Light Blue

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Metallic Light Blue

Metallic Light Blue

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Solid Dark Blue

Solid Dark Blue

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Solid Green

Solid Green

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Metallic Red

Metallic Red

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Solid Black

Solid Black  

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Metallic Black

Metallic Black  

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Metallic Gun Metal Grey

Metallic Gun Metal Grey  

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Metallic Silver

Metallic Silver

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, Stu, for all your work to post these color images, I only wish I had more faith in the ability of my humble iPad to faithfully render them! Short of being able to see Grenadiers in the flesh, I look forward to seeing high quality photo prints of these colors (in a magazine?). Bill

Elson

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
Great post, will be interesting to see if they do any special 'launch' colours. Appreciate that there's a way to go yet, but I'd love to see a burnt orange colour. In the meantime I'm a huge fan of the shade of red.

I also wonder if they'll do any factory style wraps like LR have done with the new Defender. Not a huge deal if not, but still curious!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:59 PM
Reaction score
The solid green seems to have a blueish tinge to it, almost like a blue spruce. This matches up with 2B126 thats been seen sporting a very similar shade of green. If so that's the exact green I'd be looking for!

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
Looks like the INEOS updated the car builder and included a red or orange paint option for the nose and back door.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
It’ll ba a bit of a marmite option I think, but I want it. 
“If something is described as marmite, then there's no way you can be indifferent about it or express minor shades of like or dislike. No, if it's marmite, then its very nature forces you to firmly sit in either the 'love it' or 'hate it' camp.”

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
The red and orange nose and back door paint option is limited to:-

Solid White
Solid Mushroom
Solid Dark Blue
Solid Black

Metallic Black
Metallic Gun Metal Grey
Metallic Silver

If you select a contrasting rear door color then you can only have a body colored roof.

Contrasting rear door is only available if you select a contrasting nose.

These paint colors do not have the contrast nose and rear door paint option:-

Solid Light Blue
Metallic Light Blue
Solid Green
Metallic Red

*this is for the North American market configurator, if any other options are available in the rest of the world please update this thread for the community.

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes thanks for putting together the list!

I'd like to see additional contrast noses. Like on the light blue or mushroom, white or Black nose to match a roof color change. Why, not you know?!

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Of course, the appeal of any given color is subjective, but to my eye, a lot of these colors look great! Thanks @Stu_Barnes for posting all these images!

Just FYI comparing solid to metallic paint:

Solid paintThe vast majority of cars come with a ‘solid’ paint finish as standard. Most manufacturers offer only a limited selection of solid hues – typically white, red, blue and black. But even in that range, there’s usually a wide variety of shades to choose from. So, whether you want your car to disappear into the background or stand out from the crowd, you should be able to find an appropriate color without shelling out extra money.Solid finishes are free because they’re simple to produce. There are usually only three layers: primer, paint and lacquer. Many manufacturers now use a paint known as ‘two-pack’, which is simply the paint and lacquer mixed together.Repairing solid paint is easy: small stone chips can simply be filled in with a touch-up pen in the appropriate shade. Any car spares shop can supply the right pen for not much money. More significant repairs are comparatively easy, too, as the paint dries out quickly with the aid of a simple heat lamp. You could even do it at home, as the necessary equipment is inexpensive and an even finish is easy to achieve.You still need to be careful, though, to avoid the dreaded ‘orange peel’. This occurs when the layers separate, usually because moisture got in while they were being applied.They may not be the most interesting, but solid paint finishes are certainly the cheapest and easiest to look after. Metallic finishesMetallic paints reflect light for a much brighter shine than solids. They come in a wider variety of colors and add relatively little to the cost of the car – from around $750 on small cars.The shine comes from a small amount of aluminum powder mixed into the paint. The metal particles pick up and reflect light, hence the shine. Multiple layers of paint and lacquer – which largely account for the extra cost – add to the effect.Metallics look their best under direct, natural light, but even on a dull day they still shine.Dirt shows more obviously on metallic finishes than solids, so you may end up cleaning your car more often. Be careful, though, as the paint marks more easily. Use a proper car shampoo – washing up liquid contains abrasive salts – and make sure there’s no grit on the sponge. Over-zealous polishing causes swirl marks and car wash brushes can leave marks, too. But any marks can usually be carefully buffed out.Metallic paint is more difficult to repair, as achieving an exact match is tricky. Even manufacturer-approved body shops don’t make any guarantees.They add cost and need more care, but metallic finishes add significantly to the visual appeal of a car and often boost its used value.

Source:  https://www.carwow.co.uk/guides/glossary/car-paint-types-guide

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone else notice Metallic black is no longer on the configurator? wonder if its a glitch or whether its been dropped?

Back
Top Bottom