The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bike Rack

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
Well, considering I don’t have a hitch yet I needed something to carry a bike. Attached to the small door, swings nice and out of the way. I think it may be tight getting two on there but I’ll give it a shot after I get some more bracket. Also added a Factor 55 Flat splicer.

Attachments

• IMG_5006.jpeg
    IMG_5006.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5005.jpeg
    IMG_5005.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5002.jpeg
    IMG_5002.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 136

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
Like it, and my favorite bike rack by far.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
Details please. 1Up bike tray?

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
1up roof Rack bolted to the ladder with some tube clamps off of Amazon. The lower arm is also supported by a cable supplied by Owl Vans for when they mount their stuff vertically on the backs of vans.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How do you like the 1Up rack? Currently have a Kuat 2 bike rack thats pretty nice, but with two boys both gettin into mountain biking I need to upgrade to a 3 bike rack soon. The days of me being able to store my 6 year olds bike in the rear are coming to an end. Plus if I keep them interested in things that I like doing its more incentive/justification for my hobbies!

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I like it a lot. I have one that is one my daughters car that is 15years old or so. One on my sons truck, one on our van, one in the garage for my wife's car and then this one on the Ineos. Highly recommend. The black ones definitely tend to fade though so I recommend silver. I bought this one and my wife's at the same time. If I knew how bad hers was going to fade I would have gotten silver instead like all my other ones.

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Really anxious to see if my 1up single fits. Tick tock, where’s the trailer hitch fix?

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, considering I don’t have a hitch yet I needed something to carry a bike. Attached to the small door, swings nice and out of the way. I think it may be tight getting two on there but I’ll give it a shot after I get some more bracket. Also added a Factor 55 Flat splicer.
Like the bike rack and placement. If you could take a photo from the rear with the doors closed and post it that would be great.
What are your thoughts on if this would put too much strain on where the ladder is attached to the door. Anyone know how robust
those attachments are or have photos of the interior of the small door with the interior panel off. DaBull

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't realize the hitch is not a receiver hitch so now I am gonna have to figure out another ineos failure FIX

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll grab you some pics tomorrow. I pulled the small door panel off and it is pretty robust. Doesn’t look quite as burley as the large door but definitely burlier than your average Toyota. I figure the rack and a bike is a heck of a lot lighter than I am. Also considering the Rhino Rack I have on my GX460 is literally held on by 1 5mm bolt per tower this ladder has to be stronger. But of course I can’t guarantee that. My only concern is the strength of the Amazon brackets. They seem pretty stout but who really knows.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't realize the hitch is not a receiver hitch so now I am gonna have to figure out another ineos failure FIX
The problem with the hitch is Ineos is have issues with the electrical portion of the towing harness. Therefore they removed the hitch for delivery. If the hitch was there I probably would have just mounted the bike rack to it. Of course if I did that I wouldn’t be able to simply open the door to get in the back.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The problem with the hitch is Ineos is have issues with the electrical portion of the towing harness. Therefore they removed the hitch for delivery. If the hitch was there I probably would have just mounted the bike rack to it. Of course if I did that I wouldn’t be able to simply open the door to get in the back.
My 1-UP has a feature to lean back for door clearance.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll grab you some pics tomorrow. I pulled the small door panel off and it is pretty robust. Doesn’t look quite as burley as the large door but definitely burlier than your average Toyota. I figure the rack and a bike is a heck of a lot lighter than I am. Also considering the Rhino Rack I have on my GX460 is literally held on by 1 5mm bolt per tower this ladder has to be stronger. But of course I can’t guarantee that. My only concern is the strength of the Amazon brackets. They seem pretty stout but who really knows.
Thanks, look forward to seeing the photos. Your right that it must be robust to hold a person going up the ladder. DaBull

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
I use a 4 bike North Shore Racks setup on a 2" tow hitch. Having to lower and raise the rack each time I need to get in the trunk/boot is a pain in the behind. Now that I carry just 1 bike, the 1Up ladder setup looks very desirable.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
people are already making mounts for Rotopax and traction boards that mount to the spare mount. While they don’t look quite robust enough something very similar could easily fit 2 bike. The question there is how strong are the hinges. Another 80-100lbs worth on bikes and rack wouldn’t be ideal but who knows.

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
It’s a plate with a 2 in ball it’s not a class III receiver hitch I have a kuat receiver hitch

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Where are you seeing that. Every picture Ineos shows there is a 2 inch hitch which I assume takes a hitch pin like every other hitch in the US. I don’t know how deep the receiver is but I am pretty sure it is a receiver.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Quick search. I think the bolted ones are due to European regs.

Attachments

• IMG_5014.jpeg
    IMG_5014.jpeg
    803.8 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom