The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Belstaff Jackets

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:43 PM
Reaction score
Maybe it's because of the Belstaff jackets that we all don't get a contract from Ineos? Maybe they underestimated the need for jackets?

Of course it's a joke!

But what happened to the jackets? On the website they are still listed under equipment. However, they no longer appear in the configurator and nobody talks about them. How should that work with the jackets at all? When the vehicle was delivered, was there a jacket in any size or color that no one else wanted, or did you get a voucher that you could redeem somewhere in a branch or in an online shop?

Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
Maybe it's because of the Belstaff jackets that we all don't get a contract from Ineos? Maybe they underestimated the need for jackets?

Of course it's a joke!

But what happened to the jackets? On the website they are still listed under equipment. However, they no longer appear in the configurator and nobody talks about them. How should that work with the jackets at all? When the vehicle was delivered, was there a jacket in any size or color that no one else wanted, or did you get a voucher that you could redeem somewhere in a branch or in an online shop?
I also noticed the disappearance of the jacket. Although its not a deal breaker, I liked the idea of receiving a Fieldmaster jacket with my order. Perhaps Ineos can shed some light on this.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
Where are the jackets made? How many can they stitch/year? I presume they are made by humans.
Are they hiring extra seamstresses?

Reactions: Sam

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:43 PM
Reaction score
I was in the Ashford Outlets retail park (UK) last week and was pleasantly surprised to find a Belstaff store there. Popped in and chatted with the staff. They hadn't heard of the Grenadier so I enlightened them. They let me try on a Fieldmaster. Not my style tbh but they are very well made.20220905_131221.jpg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
If the Fieldmaster jackets are real wax jackets (the type of jackets which made Belstaff famous) then you should not wear them whilst sitting on the grey leather of your two-color leather seats ...

If they are not real wax jackets, they are just fakes - even if produced by Belstaff.

BTW: My first motorbike jacket was a black Belstaff wax jacket. And I indeed used it for driving trial. I bought it, because it was so inexpensive: 125 DM - about $60 in that time.

Today, you pay a lot for the name and to be a member of the Belstaff lifestyle club.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score

Of course it's a joke!

I am confused. If you order a Trialmaster or Fieldmaster edition you get a Jacket. It isn't a selectable option

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> not the real item

So they are unreal items ... ?

I really don't get it. 🙃

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've been told these are not the real item. If not , they are fooling a fair few people.
Aussie belstaff shop
What do you mean by saying „these are not the real items“? Do you suppose there will be a special jacket designed for IG owners by Belstaff? That’s fine for me. As Belstaff is owned by Ineos they will not have great costs and will deliver something (at least) ok.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
What do you mean by saying „these are not the real items“? Do you suppose there will be a special jacket designed for IG owners by Belstaff? That’s fine for me. As Belstaff is owned by Ineos they will not have great costs and will deliver something (at least) ok.
Ineos are going to give Belstaff an order for 20-30-40,000 Jackets per year. That will keep the company going right there

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If you buy a waxed Trialmaster jacket from Belstaff central in England , they cost $USD595
If you buy the waxed Trialmaster ones in the Australian shop they cost $USD196
Does that seem a bit fishy? Or am I missing something?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
So Dave should take forum orders and get a handling fee per jacket. Could be a win win deal ...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
So Dave should take forum orders and get a handling fee per jacket. Could be a win win deal ...
I've been told they are made in China. The rip off experts.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've been told they are made in China. The rip off experts.
Well…
there is quite a lot made in countries with lower costs for work. I am sure that this can be a lustful conversation but it should be moved to the antiglobalisation thread.
Do you know anybody in your greater neighbourhood who earns his/her money with sewing?
Even the clothes of hightec materials for military, police and firefighters are produced in low cost countries. Not only for the price but as well for the reason that there still are workers who know how to do the job (I see that they loose their work as soon as they become more expensive than the next country…)
So what do you expect? That Belstaff clothes are produced by members of the „high society“ in London or Sydney?

Maybe my writing is it a little hard. Apologies therefore.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well…
there is quite a lot made in countries with lower costs for work. I am sure that this can be a lustful conversation but it should be moved to the antiglobalisation thread.
Do you know anybody in your greater neighbourhood who earns his/her money with sewing?
Even the clothes of hightec materials for military, police and firefighters are produced in low cost countries. Not only for the price but as well for the reason that there still are workers who know how to do the job (I see that they loose their work as soon as they become more expensive than the next country…)
So what do you expect? That Belstaff clothes are produced by members of the „high society“ in London or Sydney?

Maybe my writing is it a little hard. Apologies therefore.
I just want to know what the difference is , quality wise.
The old saying , you get what you pay for.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
If they have their own quality control there they may yield results like they would produce in Europe, the US or any other 'western' contry. So no concerns in that case.

But one can not ignore that this is often done on the costs of the people there. The wealth stays at the producer and there is mostly no fair share left for the workers which make the products. I consider this modern colonialism.

iPhones by Foxconn, Wistron, Pegatron, to name just a few.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just want to know what the difference is , quality wise.
The old saying , you get what you pay for.
I am sure you can produce a hell of a jacket and sell it for 200 $. The prices we pay for branded clothing are 50 - 80% marketing and shareholder prices. They are not close to the production prices.

Back
Top Bottom