The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Belstaff Jackets

Zorro

Contract Signed
Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
Im going to need someone to convert these measurement to freedom numbers.
Forty two Freedom eagles across the chest will be a 4XL jacket.

But for everyone else, I own a Trialmaster jacket from when the Ineos was but a paper napkin in a pub. I have a 4XL Trialmaster jacket and am 103Kg, 6"1. That's overweight. So do yourself a favour and get at least two sizes larger than what you need, as this 4XL (when perhaps I could have done with a 3XL) is nice but 'roomy'. If you need a jacket, you're probably going to have layers beneath it - so go big!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If you need a jacket, you're probably going to have layers beneath it - so go big!
In recent times I've gone for lightweight hiking clothing rather than bulky woollen stuff.
You can get 2-3 layers of this , in total weighing less than a woollen jumper.
Makes a big difference if you are a hiker , though it seems most here are more the apres hike types ;) .

Zorro

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
In recent times I've gone for lightweight hiking clothing rather than bulky woollen stuff.
You can get 2-3 layers of this , in total weighing less than a woollen jumper.
Makes a big difference if you are a hiker , though it seems most here are more the apres hike types ;) .
It's not for hiking. I use them on my farm while on the tractor in winter. That's their domain. If you want hiking kit, you can't go past Arcteryx

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I've got more layers than the earth's crust. The only way you can kill these hiking clothes is with acid , crocodiles or cactus thickets.
Eevn then the microplastics will live in the oceans forever!
I don't need a Belstaff jacket but hey , the vehicle comes free with one so why not? 😁

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
Forty two Freedom eagles across the chest will be a 4XL jacket.

But for everyone else, I own a Trialmaster jacket from when the Ineos was but a paper napkin in a pub. I have a 4XL Trialmaster jacket and am 103Kg, 6"1. That's overweight. So do yourself a favour and get at least two sizes larger than what you need, as this 4XL (when perhaps I could have done with a 3XL) is nice but 'roomy'. If you need a jacket, you're probably going to have layers beneath it - so go big!
Looking for sizing input from those who have already ordered and received their Belstaff Trialmaster Jacket.
I am 6' and weigh 185 with a slight athletic build. I typically only wear a long sleeve T-shirt or shirt under a jacket and like a reasonable fit, not to tight and not too big.
I wear a large for jackets and shirts in Tommy Bahama or Kahala. What size recommendation would you have for sizing the Trialmaster Jacket from Belstaff.
No I am not a fashionista, just want to make sure I order the correct size.
My favorite Hawaiian shirts are from Kahala, specifically the ones that surf artist John Severson designed, who owned Surfer Magazine and is considered the grandfather of surf art. My accountant tells me I can't write them off although I keep trying to convince them they are required for selling beach homes. My wife tells me I am in fashion perhaps 2 month every 5 years when wearing a Hawaiian shirt is again fashionable. DaBull

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looking for sizing input from those who have already ordered and received their Belstaff Trialmaster Jacket.
I am 6' and weigh 185 with a slight athletic build. I typically only wear a long sleeve T-shirt or shirt under a jacket and like a reasonable fit, not to tight and not too big.
I wear a large for jackets and shirts in Tommy Bahama or Kahala. What size recommendation would you have for sizing the Trialmaster Jacket from Belstaff.
My favorite Hawaiian shirts are from Kahala, specifically the ones that surf artist John Severson designed, who owned Surfer Magazine and is considered the grandfather of surf art. My accountant tells me I can't write them off although I keep trying to convince them they are required for selling beach homes. My wife tells me I am in fashion perhaps 2 month every 5 years when wearing a Hawaiian shirt is again fashionable. DaBull
The Trialmaster fit is more Tommy Hilfiger than Tommy Bahama (I would describe it as a sports fit). Your description is very similar to me, I have had a very lazy December & January and UK 38 / IT 48 (medium) still fits bang on (with shirt only underneath). For a US reference I find in Filson small is the right size for me but their cut does not really suit my shape (still a bit too loose).

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
Three weeks after picking up the car, I received the email to claim the jacket, and 5 days after placing the order I received it at home (very, very fast shipping) of course, I am in Spain and the jacket came from England, so You can get an idea of the sizes, I'm 1'70 m tall and weigh 70 kg, I ordered the trialmaster in size IT 46 (S), and it fits me perfectly in both the shoulders and sleeves, and I can wear a shirt with a vest or a t-shirt and a not very thick sweater underneath. If your idea is to wear more warm clothing underneath, take one size larger than what corresponds to you, the jacket is quite fitted. Greetings Paco

PS: the jacket is quite heavy, accustomed to current garments.

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Are you able to select between the Trialmaster or Fieldmaster jacket? Or is it based on the Gren version you bought?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:41 AM
Reaction score
Are you able to select between the Trialmaster or Fieldmaster jacket? Or is it based on the Gren version you bought?
Based on your vehicle. You may find your colour is also limited to what you are allocated. The only variable is male/ female and size.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Got my Gren first of December.
Still no jacket email.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you happen to have a suit handy with Euro sizing put that on and check for comfort. If not pop down to a shop And check out the sizing there.
Failing that I’m 5’11”. And around 200lbs and an XL is perfect for just a tshirt or thin shirt underneath.
Good luck

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
I don't expect to see my jacket code for I'd guess another month at least but since I'm the impatient sort, I just ordered a gilet that snaps into the Trialmaster jacket to test sizing. If it works it's something I'd probably have ordered anyway since I never got one for my Barbour. If not there's free returns.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't expect to see my jacket code for I'd guess another month at least but since I'm the impatient sort, I just ordered a gilet that snaps into the Trialmaster jacket to test sizing. If it works it's something I'd probably have ordered anyway since I never got one for my Barbour. If not there's free returns.
The jacket email is wayyyyy quicker than anything INEOS throw our way.
Good idea with the vest.
There’ll be no room for additional padding under mine 😂 I’ve gone and built mine in already.

Back
Top Bottom